Any teamwork driven CMDRs in Valheim?

Found Haldor. Did also find my maxed Fang spear that I lost while searching Haldor. Luckily I could teace back and scour the loot highlighted. I would have never found otherwise.
I fished, bought stuff for frostner. I made portals to farm stuff. More silver mimed.
Then I went to plains, chunky like I am.

In a bloody tower fire DoT must've killed me. Guy with torch. Towers give me annoyance. doesnt work well in close quarters. Killed the torch git, got my stuff, went back and a fricken horde of wolves hunt me. . I killed like 6 or 7 then my stamina was out. 3 wolves camp my corpse now - how am I supposed to get that back.

Strange, I went to swamp a couple times, but never saw a root guy.
This is old world gen, maybe they dont spawn there?
I'd be surprised. I thought the abominations had been in the game for a while now, but you maybe right. What is fun is leading an abomination to meet a lox.... lots of stumpy thumpy roaring fighting, which the lox will win, so pelt it with arrows while they fight for an easier kill.

Ditto if you find a fuling camp in the plains anywhere near a tar pit. They don't play nicely.

Going to a different biome when under mass attack has saved me on numerous occasions. And running though a fuling camp and then into a swamp can be rewarding and amusing.

One thing, at night there are more wolves and many of a much higher grade/toughness. In the swamp, the 'ghost' that drops chains also only comes out at night. They're not that hard to kill with a silver sword.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised. I thought the abominations had been in the game for a while now, but you maybe right.

One thing, at night there are more wolves and many of a much higher grade/toughness. In the swamp, the 'ghost' that drops chains also only comes out at night. They're not that hard to kill with a silver sword.
I been to mountains at night a couple time too and didnt see the werewolf. Even wolves dont seem more numerous. In fact I was glad to have had the "hunted" event because I kinda doubled my wolf meat stores. My Mountains are quite small though.
The wraiths are in but saw them only a couple times.

I been to mountains at night a couple time too and didnt see the werewolf. Even wolves dont seem more numerous. In fact I was glad to have had the "hunted" event because I kinda doubled my wolf meat stores. My Mountains are quite small though.
The wraiths are in but saw them only a couple times.
Oh, don't worry, they'll find you one night....... and even in good armor can rip you to shreds very quickly. Whereas the werewolf is pointless. It doesn't drop anything special and isn't that tough.

The 'hunted perk' is great when it happens in a biome with plenty of distractions for the wolves, and as you say is helpful for getting a lot of meat and fur.

E. There are at least two nighttime 'ghostly monsters'. The werewolf in the mountains and something else (the floating ghost that drops chains) in the swamp.

Last edited:
Oh, don't worry, they'll find you one night....... and even in good armor can rip you to shreds very quickly. Whereas the werewolf is pointless. It doesn't drop anything special and isn't that tough.

The 'hunted perk' is great when it happens in a biome with plenty of distractions for the wolves, and as you say is helpful for getting a lot of meat and fur.

E. There are at least two nighttime 'ghostly monsters'. The werewolf in the mountains and something else (the floating ghost that drops chains) in the swamp.
I thought the werewolf dropped interesting armour. The wraiths are in. Last one I saw was when I passed the swamp at night in a boat. I don't stop at swamp. Made that mistake once...

I thought the werewolf dropped interesting armour. The wraiths are in. Last one I saw was when I passed the swamp at night in a boat. I don't stop at swamp. Made that mistake once...
I've never got anything of interest from the werewolf... \o/ ...I'm not saying that they don't, but the best I've ever got was a trophy. ymmv.

The swamps are like all the biomes, absolutely murderous to start with and then (with the right gear) not too horrible.

I started a new map a week back. Completely new for Mistlands - have yet to find any mistlands yet... but I view Valheim as R&R and not a race. I really like the sailing, and find the atmospherics stunning, walking through the dark woods in a swriling mist at sunset... brilliant!!!!

e. ...and the next live patch will remove Christmas trees... so build them now...

I've never got anything of interest from the werewolf... \o/ ...I'm not saying that they don't, but the best I've ever got was a trophy. ymmv.

The swamps are like all the biomes, absolutely murderous to start with and then (with the right gear) not too horrible.

I started a new map a week back. Completely new for Mistlands - have yet to find any mistlands yet... but I view Valheim as R&R and not a race. I really like the sailing, and find the atmospherics stunning, walking through the dark woods in a swriling mist at sunset... brilliant!!!!

e. ...and the next live patch will remove Christmas trees... so build them now...
I kinda got annoyed with finding Moder. After beating it, I did my exploration for finding Haldor and it's been chill fishing, farming and hoohaing the Loxen. I've yet to tame an animal (saw ppl rid Loxes), find the werewolf and I hear there is mouintain dungeons (ice cave). I think I'll really start nother new map. I just want the barleys so I can finally have fish wraps. Dude, what is a viking without fishse? Should have never gated the bait behind Haldor imo.
I still have some halloween pumpkin lamp.

I kinda got annoyed with finding Moder. After beating it, I did my exploration for finding Haldor and it's been chill fishing, farming and hoohaing the Loxen. I've yet to tame an animal (saw ppl rid Loxes), find the werewolf and I hear there is mouintain dungeons (ice cave). I think I'll really start nother new map. I just want the barleys so I can finally have fish wraps. Dude, what is a viking without fishse? Should have never gated the bait behind Haldor imo.
I still have some halloween pumpkin lamp.
They seem to make little use of Haldor. I find it quite silly that trivial things like seeds for both trees and vegtables aren't readily available from him. As things stands he seems to have a very limited number of uses.

It would also good if you could trade anything to him...

I fairly routinely use the map-reveal web-site to find out the nearest spot to find him, as 'aimlessly' wandering around can get a bit boring after a while.

And don't get me started on the subject of not being able to teleport refined metals.... it's bonkers!!!

A snap

f1Cd41Q.jpg

I made a new map with new gens and it does look a bit different. Got 3 mountains on the starter island, allegedly with frost caves but I didn't find any. But I found a fenring wolf. I did use the map generator tool to preview worlds and might keep this one for chill exploration and diggings.

I made a new map with new gens and it does look a bit different. Got 3 mountains on the starter island, allegedly with frost caves but I didn't find any. But I found a fenring wolf. I did use the map generator tool to preview worlds and might keep this one for chill exploration and diggings.
The map generation in Mistlands seems to have made the mountain biome/topology a bit more forgiving with longer, broader and flatter valleys, and slightly fewer steep cliff faces. Although this is just one map, so it may just be a coincidence/fluke.

The map generation in Mistlands seems to have made the mountain biome/topology a bit more forgiving with longer, broader and flatter valleys, and slightly fewer steep cliff faces. Although this is just one map, so it may just be a coincidence/fluke.
I picked seed after previewing in map tool. Seeds with steep looking mountains I discarded.

Top Bottom