Any teamwork driven CMDRs in Valheim?

If you've collected too much junk then, after defeating The Elder, head to Haldor to buy the Thunder Stone for 50 coins. With this you can build build an obliterator. This device turns any spare 'bits and bobs' into (almost always) coal. In my case I usually have a very comfortable excess of resin and bones.

NB: build it a little bit away from anything critical, as every time it's used it does damage to the surrounding area. It's not that bad, just a bit irritating.
The what now? Thunder Stone? Is this for real - I didn't notice that on offer.

If you've collected too much junk then, after defeating The Elder, head to Haldor to buy the Thunder Stone for 50 coins. With this you can build build an obliterator. This device turns any spare 'bits and bobs' into (almost always) coal. In my case I usually have a very comfortable excess of resin and bones.

NB: build it a little bit away from anything critical, as every time it's used it does damage to the surrounding area. It's not that bad, just a bit irritating.
Oh, the Eldar. Right. In old world I skipped that boss. Who needs that power when you can plant trees so close.

Come to think of it - I recently passed a queen bee I had left behind thinking "great I can pick dis up!" and then it had despawned already. Home is always full of litter and trash, outside it's mostly clean. I think I'll move to the river, the swamp enclave has nothing interesting and is small. I could maybe make treehouse but it doesnt really look like fish much. Did you all notice how swamp biomes tend to be really small towards the open sea?
I found very small plains island, plopped portal and benches all over and is my barley farm now. Built the windmill. I am teeny bit from fish wrap away. Caught tuna from there, too. No idea how this fish tier works. Gonna try at black forest next. A lake would be nice.
And since I couldn't be bothered with the chains for my kitchenI just spaw3ned them. Is not like I didn't work for them already in the other worlds. But iron - yeah, gotta farm that stuff a bit.
And when I did a couple crypts I'm gonna spawn that too when I need it for building.

Last edited:
I think I did the Elder two or three worlds before with my other character Uupse. Uupse lost the key. Uupse built close to the forest. Uupse got mad and fled her world. Funny thing, I forgot my other characters name, but not Uupse.

.....And since I couldn't be bothered with the chains for my kitchenI just spaw3ned them. Is not like I didn't work for them already in the other worlds. But iron - yeah, gotta farm that stuff a bit.
And when I did a couple crypts I'm gonna spawn that too when I need it for building.
This is kind of how I play. For every map I do everything once from first principals. After that, I'll spawn what I need as I need it.

The most annoying and imho silly restriction is the inability to transport refined metals by the jump gates. If you can move tools, armor, weapons made of refined metals, then it makes zero sense that you can't move the bars or even the ore.

It's an hour long, but has some helpful advice...

Source: https://youtu.be/Aak_oWWB-BQ

Last edited:
Fish Wraps unlocked. Yum. And bread. I have achieved harmony. Also found an ice cave. Hm. Made me think: Is the "instanced" lootingen better? Are dungeons the solution to grind?
It takes out random element. You commit and prepare better. You find no dungeon and are very unhappy. Up and downsides. I prefer when I know where to "spawn" and find my stuff. Doesn't matter if I'm unlucky with the fish biting, but I know they will bite eventually.
Stuff like wraith I don't like - too much goes wrong with the open world spawn I say: Biome too small, algo decides some other creature is still due. Below the snowline - no spawn - above snowline, storm - no spawn. It's trial and error with some arbitrary rules a average player doesn't know.
But I know I get Fenrir stuff from ice cave, iron from dungeon - I kinda prefer that.
Did I tell you how much I like fish? I'm a bit of a gollum.

OK, so I often see so much praise for hoe. I think I might not know how it really works. They say it can lift the ground but I think they mean the levelling mode. And that doesn't really raise much. I'm on incline to shore and the ground falls off. I have a patch that actually ended up steep against the water (no idea why it worked there) but I can't make that flat beach into a steep one. I'm using the high ground since I heard it uses the height where you stand but no cigar. What is the secret?

OK, so I often see so much praise for hoe. I think I might not know how it really works. They say it can lift the ground but I think they mean the levelling mode. And that doesn't really raise much. I'm on incline to shore and the ground falls off. I have a patch that actually ended up steep against the water (no idea why it worked there) but I can't make that flat beach into a steep one. I'm using the high ground since I heard it uses the height where you stand but no cigar. What is the secret?

There is a limit by how much a bit of land can be raised or lowered. IIRC its +/-8 units. So there are limits.

Its best finding a bit of land that approximates the lie of the land you want and going from there. Beyond that, say for example, you want a path to a beach and its too steep, use a zig zag approach.

There is a limit by how much a bit of land can be raised or lowered. IIRC its +/-8 units. So there are limits.

Its best finding a bit of land that approximates the lie of the land you want and going from there. Beyond that, say for example, you want a path to a beach and its too steep, use a zig zag approach.
I am talking about maximum delta of a greyling and a half. 8 units is how you raise with the raise tool and lower with a pickaxe, right?

They say hoe is your friend in swamp. That's why I wondered

Ah! That's for pathing. Walking in swamp slows you down. You use a hoe to create a path through the swamp as you go through. So when you need to run or fight you have sold ground to stand on and your toes don't get nibbled on by those eel thingys and you don't get thrown into the swim animation while trying to kill something.

Absoloutely the hoe is your friend in the swamp.

Ah! That's for pathing. Walking in swamp slows you down. You use a hoe to create a path through the swamp as you go through. So when you need to run or fight you have sold ground to stand on and your toes don't get nibbled on by those eel thingys and you don't get thrown into the swim animation while trying to kill something.

Absoloutely the hoe is your friend in the swamp.
You can only path what's there. What use is a path through mucky water?

Top Bottom