Sidechat

Disappointed that the duck and nigerian dwarf goat were omitted, but otherwise I'm happy with it. Not really as a final pack but hey its a good pack and every animal helps
It sure looks like a low resources pack. All clones. No need for new rigs or animations. But i'm amazed how they didn't include a duck in a domestics after just making the swan and knowing all the demand for a duck in the community. The rabbits i'm not that surprised because it whould've needed a whole new set of animations but still they could've at least out some more effort in one animal.

Between this one and the JWE DLC i'm sure they don't have a lot of resources.

Okay guys THIS IS A MOMENT....I am going to delve in to the world of PZ animal mods.

I have been holding out all this time because I didn't want to ever dampen the excitement of a new DLC from already having a modded version of the animals in my game, cause you know what they say, too many mods makes Jack a dull gamer. Buuuuut since my trip to South Africa this winter, I have been yearning - yes yearning to make a version of Boulder's Beach, with the African Penguin and the Rock Hyrax (or Dassie as they are known locally) living together. I actually had a dream about it not long ago.

I think with the super long wait for this latest DLC, and not knowing what, if anything, is coming next...and feeling pretty sure that there won't be an opportunity for hyraxes to ever enter the game, I'm giving up and giving in. GIB ME HYRAX. You know what they say, a hyrax a day keeps the penguins happy hoooray.

Time to go shoppppinnnnggggg!!!!! Might pick me up some bunnies while I'm at it, if there are any on Nexus...

OOOoooooooooh there are so many pretty birds! You know what they say, a birdy a day keeps the blues away 🐦 gawd this is like Christmas!!!

Thank you for the beautiful mods @Leaf Productions ! I've sent you a little donation, thanks for your incredible work. I've downloaded these mods of yours so far:

• Squirrel monkey
  • Vervet monkey
  • South American coati
  • Southern tamandua
  • Bolivian grey titi monkey
  • European spoonbill
  • Bush dog
  • Greater rhea
  • Victoria crowned pigeon
  • Olive baboon
  • Egyptian goose

Question - will the mods developed for version 1.16 still work when the next update comes out?

Thank you for the beautiful mods @Leaf Productions ! I've sent you a little donation, thanks for your incredible work. I've downloaded these mods of yours so far:

• Squirrel monkey
  • Vervet monkey
  • South American coati
  • Southern tamandua
  • Bolivian grey titi monkey
  • European spoonbill
  • Bush dog
  • Greater rhea
  • Victoria crowned pigeon
  • Olive baboon
  • Egyptian goose

Question - will the mods developed for version 1.16 still work when the next update comes out?
Idk the update isn’t out yet haha whose to say haha

But thank you so much!!!!

So...how are we all feeling about the DLC?
I have been one of the people who wanted a petting zoo pack. So not too bad. Not how I would have wanted it, but hey beggars can’t be choosers.

I think looking on social media has helped me get more of an outsiders opinion on the forum, while I think it’s good how passionate we are about animals/ zoos/ this game. I think it’s good to remember we are only so much of the given community. A lot of people have been waiting for this type of dlc. So I’m seeing a lot of positivity outside of here and some people on steam.

I will say I have been pretty disappointed with how people have been behaving, I think people need to remember we aren’t the only customers. Likewise this place becomes an echo chamber, a lot of people love farm animals. People constantly seemed to undermine petting zoos/ farm animals in zoos and now that they are here some of our members are acting ridiculous.

Yes this wasn’t my choice if a pack either, it may be the last dlc, it may not be. Either way we are adults on a silly forum about animals, none of this is that serious.

If I ever act like this because of birds in planet zoo I hope all of you will call me out.

Also, I am not saying Frontier is free if criticism or you can’t dislike the pack. You can absolutely do both.

I will say I have been pretty disappointed with how people have been behaving, I think people need to remember we aren’t the only customers. Likewise this place becomes an echo chamber, a lot of people love farm animals. People constantly seemed to undermine petting zoos/ farm animals in zoos and now that they are here some of our members are acting ridiculous.

Yes this wasn’t my choice if a pack either, it may be the last dlc, it may not be. Either way we are adults on a silly forum about animals, none of this is that serious.

If I ever act like this because of birds in planet zoo I hope all of you will call me out.

Also, I am not saying Frontier is free if criticism or you can’t dislike the pack. You can absolutely do both.
Yeah I called it out with everyone crying over the arid pack and looks like absolutely no one took the hint, yeah some think domestics have no place in a zoo game as no zoo game before did it but equally or even more people just want cute animals or domestics to build realistic zoos because it's just a game.

I think this pack might take the crown from Arid as being the most overhated.

I’m not saying they are free from criticism. If I could take a every time they chose not to add a bird species/ use an obvious bird pick I would have died from liver failure.

But people treating this like the end of the world/ a personal attack/ Frontier is the worst company ever they never listen to us (when they obviously just mean the forum/ themselves) is so silly

Yeah I called it out with everyone crying over the arid pack and looks like absolutely no one took the hint, yeah some think domestics have no place in a zoo game as no zoo game before did it but equally or even more people just want cute animals or domestics to build realistic zoos because it's just a game.
I do think they have a place in zoos games i just don't care one bit about them haha

And i believe wildlife park had farm animals.

The way some people are complaining about this dlc is really disappointing (and I just roughly read through the first few pages of the announcement thread). Criticism okay but personally attacking Frontier or people who like this pack, is an absolute no go.
We should be thankful for every animal that Frontier made for this amazing game! It's already the best zoo game ever!
And honestly, for building a realistic zoo, petting zoos and domestic animals are essential. There are quite a few zoos without a considerable amount of birds and a lot without aquariums, but I've never been to a zoo without a petting zoo (ok, there's one exception atm - the Weltvogelpark Walsrode - but even they will get a small petting area).

So...how are we all feeling about the DLC?
I have mixed feelings.
I really wanted a petting zoo pack and the scenery is amazing from what i can tell.
The animals are a mixed bag for me, quite a few odd choices imo. Kinda wished they would have chosen different ones like the dwarf goat and kune kune to bring something from other places aswell since farms exist not only in NA and europe.
Also missing a rabbit and duck in here.
Anyway im happy that i dont have to use stand ins for petting zoos anymore

I'm actually thinking, but what if the reason we didn't get a was because of the swan?
Because that'd be 2 waterfowl in a row, and while we would've liked it, maybe Frontier was hesitant because of past criticisms of having similar species in continuing packs.

Just a thought, though

I'm actually thinking, but what if the reason we didn't get a was because of the swan?
Because that'd be 2 waterfowl in a row, and while we would've liked it, maybe Frontier was hesitant because of past criticisms of having similar species in continuing packs.

Just a thought, though
But then they go ahead an release 2 pigs, goats and cattle in a row? I dont think having a swan follwed by a duck would have been an issue :D

Just a thought, though
Takin - Goat
Wisent - Cow
Boar - Pig ( which by the way are the same species so is a timber wolf situation again, although a bit more justified since they look nothing alike)

So why the decition was no duck cuz swan sorry.

The way some people are complaining about this dlc is really disappointing (and I just roughly read through the first few pages of the announcement thread). Criticism okay but personally attacking Frontier or people who like this pack, is an absolute no go.
We should be thankful for every animal that Frontier made for this amazing game! It's already the best zoo game ever!
And honestly, for building a realistic zoo, petting zoos and domestic animals are essential. There are quite a few zoos without a considerable amount of birds and a lot without aquariums, but I've never been to a zoo without a petting zoo (ok, there's one exception atm - the Weltvogelpark Walsrode - but even they will get a small petting area).
You don’t like complaining, I can’t stand people sucking up to companys like this, liking evey bone thrown at them without any opinion to share, just, I like every thing because it is made by my favorite people...

He says he doesn't like personal attacks. That's different from complaints/criticism. One can be constructive, the other is always destructive. Which do you find more helpful?

If you're trying to incite a riot, you won't find it here. We're too chill in this hood. Have your opinions but we're good vibes here, I think we'll bore you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom