Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Sounds like a fun night.

Woke up early to get some work done. Now just trying to get the weekend chores done, and hopefully a bit later can sit down to play ML.
Is that Manor Lords ?? Any good? As an early access how does it compare to SC ?? It immediately made me think of "Defender of the Crown" , I loved the old Cinemaware games!

Is that Manor Lords ?? Any good? As an early access how does it compare to SC ?? It immediately made me think of "Defender of the Crown" , I loved the old Cinemaware games!

I don't know because nobody is letting me play it because i had work, i had chores, then a friend came round, now my wife wants me to cook.... but dammit, i went and got beer and if i don't get to play it after cooking, strong words will be spoken!

From reading forums though, there are some nasty bugs in the first release, so will have to wait and see how quickly they get resolved.

Its not really Defender of the Crown, its more The Settlers.

Status update.

My eye is twitching. Babushka wants me to boil eggs for her now.

I know this is off-topic, but i need to vent.

The only up side is watching Todd in the Shadows diss on music, which makes me feel a lot better. If you've never seen his channel, i can highly recommend his One Hit Wonderland series. The guy has a keen wit and does fun reviews of songs.

Got to play ML yesterday. No bugs encountered yet. I thought i had some bugs until i realized i was doing something wrong. Game could do with better tooltips for some things.

Anyway, pretty solid, and i'm sure this single dev can release his 1.0 before SC can with its 1000 employees and a bazillion in funding.

Also, its cool to hear a dev with his head screwed on right. When someone aired some concerns about development time he responded with:

One thing.
You have no idea how much time I spent reworking the same things over and over and over and over and over. We had like 6 or 7 marketplace iterations in closed alpha. There are whole cementaries of systems that were prototyped but didn't work out and were scrapped. Hopefully that part is over.
Also there is a bunch of systems that are in WIP mode and are just disabled or need updates before they are turned back on.
Also another thing. it's not that I don't want to hire more developers, but most people looking for a job ... just weren't good enough so far. They fail deadlines or just can't do things on a level that is required even though their portfolio seemed good enough. The really amazing devs have their owns studios or are employed at AAA projects and aren't even interested. Anyone who tried running their company will know how hard hiring and management is. There are many horror stories of fallen studios of people who scaled too quickly, studios which were mismanaged and had to eventually close. Slow, careful growth and looking for great staff will be a better long term strategy.

Got to play ML yesterday. No bugs encountered yet. I thought i had some bugs until i realized i was doing something wrong. Game could do with better tooltips for some things.

Anyway, pretty solid, and i'm sure this single dev can release his 1.0 before SC can with its 1000 employees and a bazillion in funding.

Also, its cool to hear a dev with his head screwed on right. When someone aired some concerns about development time he responded with:
It's a one man show? I watched Legend of TotalWar play it. Didn't look bad but also not too convincing. The combat seemed the most interesting part. I guess with battlements, calamities like fire and pest and bells ringing alarm it might be quite nice.

It's a one man show? I watched Legend of TotalWar play it. Didn't look bad but also not too convincing. The combat seemed the most interesting part. I guess with battlements, calamities like fire and pest and bells ringing alarm it might be quite nice.

Depends on what you're looking for. Its only similarity with TW is the battles, but they are much smaller scale.

Its more like the Settlers and similar games. Build up a town, manage resources, make your people happy, that sort of thing. You can even turn combat off.

It can be a combat game if you want as well, but it can just be a chill town builder game.

Depends on what you're looking for. Its only similarity with TW is the battles, but they are much smaller scale.

Its more like the Settlers and similar games. Build up a town, manage resources, make your people happy, that sort of thing. You can even turn combat off.

It can be a combat game if you want as well, but it can just be a chill town builder game.
Building a town and then nothing happens is a bit lacklustre. Many hours of Dwarf Fortress and Rimworld have made me expect monstrosities and downfall of moralities.

That reminds me - wasn't land plots not supposed to be built on? What about that? I haven't head about it for a long time. Longer than about "the Renderer".

That tech is in the same place as the RTS mode ;)

Didn't they start to sell the land plots again sometime recent?

Nope they still haven't. Just resurfaced the base building with some new shiny videos at Citcon. (Having started work from scratch seemingly...)

Rumour has it that the original $$ plots are completely the wrong dimensions for the latest system ;). (Which may explain CIG's hesitancy in rolling them out again).

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
That tech is in the same place as the RTS mode ;)

Nope they still haven't. Just resurfaced the base building with some new shiny videos at Citcon. (Having started work from scratch seemingly...)

Rumour has it that the original $$ plots are completely the wrong dimensions for the latest system ;). (Which may explain CIG's hesitancy in rolling them out again).
Thanks for clarifying. I must have read something wrong.

However I did recently confirm that they removed the infamous preorder of non-existent PDF guide for non-existent modding of non-existent private servers from the store.

But they did add a non-existent UEC packs for sale (basically a release-grade in game money bags, which you can't use in pre-release versions). In addition you can also purchase a preorder of non-existent galaxy map and "Making of Star Citizen" artbook.

So balance in nature has been retained 😅

Top Bottom