Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

So even though they haven't sorted racing flight vs track design, most of the latest vid was on... adding new tracks to AC...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoHJcKeqHJs&t=60s

Fans also spotted a fun bit in there...

Wait... i was super super hyped about pirate swarm, they said it was being replaced with a bengal
but in this.. its now just being replaced with 2 idirs? why??
for context:

Pirate Swarm Update

The Javelins of the UEE Response Fleet are under routine maintenance. To ensure we keep the Pirate Swarm at bay a Bengal-class carrier flagship will now host the F8 Lightning Squadron as part of the response fleet against the stolen Pirate Idris.

They are replacing the Javelin, because it didn't work most of the time. CIG might have encountered the same issues with the Bengal during testing.

Still wave 2? I thought we would see movement into the PTU soon?

It’s not been stable enough really. Like always, the actual game loops are for the most part fine but they’re being hampered by absolutely miserable server issues.
For example, yesterday when I was playing we were still getting occasional jumps to 600+ ping on interaction with some things, and today I couldn’t even get on as most the servers ended up in a recovery loop (that was before this current patch).
It’s a tough nut to crack so I’m happy for them to take as much time as needed.

Performance isn't up to par either, massive fps difference in live and the eptu right now

It's been super weird for me, everyone is talking about how vulkan has given them huge performance boosts but it's the opposite for me. I can't maintain even 30 FPS with vulkan playing at 2560x1080 (I even tried turning upscaling on) , but get a solid 60 on DX11 at 5120x2160 with upscaling off. Because flip me in particular I guess lol

Yeah I can back this, I’ve been playing a couple of wave 2 patches and although most of the gameplay systems are in a good place, server issues make it practically unplayable for more than 5 minutes .
Think the main issue they’ve stated is the interaction delays. At one point yesterday, you just cant do anything in the game anymore (open doors, call elevators,sit in pilot seats) even though it’s showing 8-15 server fps.
I honestly think the RL split is the major blocker here its such a big change on the backend, and like PES i can understand why its taking so long to iron out of the issues.
Might be controversial, but I have a slight feeling if they cant solve this replication layer issues in the next 1-2 weeks they might pull it from the build and push it to a 3.23.X patch so 3.23 is in time for Invictus. Like what they said for the delaying personal hangers, this change basically makes the game unplayable if it’s not robust and stable enough. And they had one build last week without the RL.
Hope they can solve the issues though (fingers crossed 🤞🏼)

You can get some additional hints when this is going on too because the BwIn/Out values will drop really low (even if the server FPS is still relatively high) and if you check the console, you'll see a ton of output about multicast actions taking abnormally long to run. I'm wondering if the latter means that they've hooked up a bunch of extra debugging to try and get to the bottom of it.

TLDR: Servers (& replication layer), plus client performance (& Vulkan), currently mighty meh in 3.23...

EDIT: Latest trip report:

Tried it twice. Could play 20 seconds between 4 minute Server crash/restarts. Happened 3 times in a row, then I left.

Last edited:
So now that ED is selling ships for real moneyz, will all of you haters finally acknowledge the impact Star Citizen has on the gaming industry?
Nah, this sort of thing predates Star Citizen. The only impact Star Citizen has had on Elite IMO is separating those who can understand game development realities from those who are happy to have smoke continually blown up their jacksies.

This review of Star Citizen for an NMS fan is very reasonable:

1. Buggy as anything. Like crap straight up won't work
  2. Really seamless, no loading screens, can sort of do whatever you want
  3. Kinda a "vibes game" similar to NMS. Slow gameplay, and more about the sights and just chilling out.
  4. Pay2win
  5. Solidly fun missions and loops, enemy NPCs suck, but chillin and shooting enemy ships, or enemy fps enemies, or racing is fun.
Tldr: solidly worth it for 45$, anything more than that is not worth. Tbh tho Tekken is on sale RN and that's better.

The replies it receives for the P2W bit are absolutely deranged...

As is tradional ;)

Top Bottom