Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Okay, that’s not nearly as scummy. Though I’m not surprised about the outcry, because every T&C I’ve ever tried to read is so dense in dry and dull legalese that I hardly ever read them myself. 🥱 Sony should’ve had that requirement in the Steam version of the game right from the start.
Supposedly it is. The issue is they waived that requirement because of the networking issues, but then proceeded to sell the game in countries that don't have access to the PSN. 🤷‍♂️

The other head scratcher is Arrowhead made a point of saying they are not a Sony studio but an indy, seems weird to bow to a requirement like for anyone that's not an exclusive studio. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, gimme the good old days when there was no such thing as exclusives.

I ordered it to Poland to my parents place. Going there in couple of weeks. I'm praying for the next shipment not to be late, because it's on a backorder so I can totally miss it if it's late 😀

I made a conscious decision not to buy Virpil, even though I really wanted to, because the money ultimately goes to Belarus and they openly and actively support "you know who". Same reason I don't play and promote Escape From Tarkov. (No politics though, so let's just stop there).
I don't have any regrets at all in opting for the VKB Gladiator, even with the extra 40 notes in import duty I had to shell out...it's realistically a high end stick with a mid range price tag, it's a seriously comfortable and very accurate stick too with those contactless MARS sensors and adjustable feedback tensioners...it just does everything right.

It's also designed to be fiddled with, VKB supply every single base component used to build it from the individual switches, hats and buttons up so you can get the screwdrivers out to add, replace or change bits as required without ever having to buy a new stick if anything wears out....or you just need more buttons or swap analogue for digital thumbsticks or whatever :unsure:

It's certainly a massive step up from my old and well used X56...or even the TM Warthog stick I used in between, that one was just way too industrial and two handed heavy for fine inputs with it's Land Rover suspension springs to be any use at all as a desktop stick. The Warthog throttle unit is very good but the stick is designed for those with expensive sim-pits, not casual desktop fliers like me.

I also love being able to lock the Z axis so I can use my Crosswind rudder pedals when flying flight sims...the twist-grip Z axis for space games...rudder pedals for flight sims.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the Gladiator, top notch product :)

Last edited:
I think the platform exclusives strategies have largely failed. If you can field multiplatform and market to all the audience you'd be better off than seclude you to your own microcosmos. This, however, isn't true for sect-like microcosms like Star Citisnt. Here the secluded platform profits from the lack of publicity and takes advantage to disseminate disinformation via limited channels.
But if you want to go big and beyond, you need to market wide without quality impairment, which is it's very own challenge as the number of crappy platform conversions demonstrate.

Summit back for another session...

Will be interesting to see what he makes of 3.23 if he sticks around for that. (Seems to be mainly avoiding it for now because players there are 'testing' rather than playing as normal and providing piracy opportunities etc)

Last edited:
I think the platform exclusives strategies have largely failed. If you can field multiplatform and market to all the audience you'd be better off than seclude you to your own microcosmos. This, however, isn't true for sect-like microcosms like Star Citisnt. Here the secluded platform profits from the lack of publicity and takes advantage to disseminate disinformation via limited channels.
But if you want to go big and beyond, you need to market wide without quality impairment, which is it's very own challenge as the number of crappy platform conversions demonstrate.
I disagree about the dodgy platform conversions...most of them have been pretty good recently, especially the PS ones coming to PC (or even Starfield between Xbox and PC). There have been really crappy or poorly ported games in the past, but from my experience having played the majority of them both on the PS4/PS5 (or Xbox) and also on PC, they've all been pretty good across the board... barring one or two noteable exceptions on initial release, it's solely dependent on who actually does the port over...

Forbidden West at 100+fps with ultra detail @4k on PC was a triumph, I've no doubt that Nixxes' port of Ghost of Tsushima later this month will be equally stunning 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I disagree about the dodgy platform conversions...most of them have been pretty good recently, especially the PS ones coming to PC (or even Starfield between Xbox and PC). There have been really crappy or poorly ported games in the past, but from my experience having played the majority of them both on the PS4/PS5 (or Xbox) and also on PC, they've all been pretty good across the board... barring one or two noteable exceptions on initial release, it's solely dependent on who actually does the port over...

Forbidden West at 100+fps with ultra detail @4k on PC was a triumph, I've no doubt that Nixxes' port of Ghost of Tsushima later this month will be equally stunning 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, it's basically a gamble, that's why I don't bother and only getting such stuff after getting pestered for at least a year about how good the PC version is.

Buying Starfail kinda decreases the credibility for criticizing anyone buying into SC, doesn't it? That thing was destined to be as bad as it ended up being.

There is a difference.

Nobody got to see what Bethesda was selling before they sold it. The hype was there and while Bethesda have made missteps before, they also have released many good games over the years.

I wouldn't say its a bad game, it just doesn't live up to the hype. It has some good features and some not so good.

Overall, its what I expected, Skyrim in space, but with less atmosphere (ba dum tish).

SC on the other hand made huge promises, massive claims about what they could do, set a budget, then spent years openly lying to backers, while showing very little for the money given. After a few years it should have been obvious to anyone that something was amiss. But we still have people buying into the hype, despite the project's progress there for all to see and compare with what CIG have sold to backers.

There is a difference.

Nobody got to see what Bethesda was selling before they sold it. The hype was there and while Bethesda have made missteps before, they also have released many good games over the years.

I wouldn't say its a bad game, it just doesn't live up to the hype. It has some good features and some not so good.

Overall, its what I expected, Skyrim in space, but with less atmosphere (ba dum tish).

SC on the other hand made huge promises, massive claims about what they could do, set a budget, then spent years openly lying to backers, while showing very little for the money given. After a few years it should have been obvious to anyone that something was amiss. But we still have people buying into the hype, despite the project's progress there for all to see and compare with what CIG have sold to backers.

SC is out there in the open for all to see and you can frequently play it for free.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I´ll go out on a limb here and say that most people playing SC at the moment, do so mostly based on the hype and promises of things that have been sold for money but not yet in the game (including basic stability and physics), and not so much for whatever is at the moment for all to see.

I ordered it to Poland to my parents place. Going there in couple of weeks. I'm praying for the next shipment not to be late, because it's on a backorder so I can totally miss it if it's late 😀

I made a conscious decision not to buy Virpil, even though I really wanted to, because the money ultimately goes to Belarus and they openly and actively support "you know who". Same reason I don't play and promote Escape From Tarkov. (No politics though, so let's just stop there).

ive had both the virpil and the vkb. prefer the vkb and sold the virpils. may have been for the best anyways.

SC is out there in the open for all to see and you can frequently play it for free.
And when someone “tries it” in a Free Fly and the experience is, to be gentle, horrifying, every “citizen” assures you that it is because the servers are saturated by so many players, and that it is really a bad idea to test the game in a Free Fly because you will draw the wrong conclusions, isn't?

And if you test a wave of PTU the same... and if you test a patch in the PU the same because the next patch that will arrive in 3 months is the one that will give the necessary stability to all the game... but buy this ship with my referral code and join to my org...

Last edited:
Top Bottom