Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

And when someone “tries it” in a Free Fly and the experience is, to be gentle, horrifying, every “citizen” assures you that it is because the servers are saturated by so many players, and that it is really a bad idea to test the game in a Free Fly because you will draw the wrong conclusions, isn't?

And if you test a wave of PTU the same... and if you test a patch in the PU the same because the next patch that will arrive in 3 months is the one that will give the necessary stability to all the game... but buy this ship with my referral code and join to my org...
Never forget, whenever anyone tries a Free Fly, when they talk about the problems with the "game", all the Citizens line up to tell them that the issue is their PC, not the absolutely disgraceful state of the code after over a decade of trying to transform a lousy FPS engine into an all-singing, all-dancing, all-things-to-everyone life replacement!

Never forget, whenever anyone tries a Free Fly, when they talk about the problems with the "game", all the Citizens line up to tell them that the issue is their PC, not the absolutely disgraceful state of the code after over a decade of trying to transform a lousy FPS engine into an all-singing, all-dancing, all-things-to-everyone life replacement!
Sounds like FUD to me. Have you considered relieving some of that stress by purchasing an Idris?

Buying Starfail kinda decreases the credibility for criticizing anyone buying into SC, doesn't it? That thing was destined to be as bad as it ended up being.
I don't really get the Starfield hate. It's a decent game that suffers from systemic problems with procgen instances. Many have tried, many have failed - so far I find NMS does it best but nothing beats the crafted world à la Skyrim and the Fallouts. Bioware spent itself on trying to make it work. It's just to bland for RPGs, but works decent in sandboxes.

3.23 hype!

cbu58gh85vyc1.png

Start your engines...

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
"Momentum" in CIG speech is just more bamboozling to avoid the fact that SC is so borked that they do not know / can´t produce reasonable quality and stable content for players. And the more the spaghetti code worsens the more difficult is going to become for them.

I don't really get the Starfield hate. It's a decent game that suffers from systemic problems with procgen instances. Many have tried, many have failed - so far I find NMS does it best but nothing beats the crafted world à la Skyrim and the Fallouts. Bioware spent itself on trying to make it work. It's just to bland for RPGs, but works decent in sandboxes.
Starfail is broken garbage, like all other Bethesda Gamebryo abortions, yet was marketed breathlessly by the gaming press as something amazing, and hyped by fanboys to the stratosphere.

Take out the press involvement, and it sure smells a lot like SC, aside from actually releasing.

Early this week is getting later...

aww-so-much-hope-v0-cr75fr45v0zc1.png

Wakapedia-CIG said:
Today, we're holding off on releasing 3.23 on LIVE as we finalize a few crucial updates, one of which addresses STARC-52845. Our goal is to roll out a new EPTU, possibly later tonight, as a LIVE Release Candidate. This version will undergo rigorous monitoring to ensure readiness for a full deployment to the live environment in the coming days.

The error in question, for anyone curious:

https://issue-council.robertsspaceindustries.com/projects/STAR-CITIZEN/issues/STARC-52845

Getting error 30031 when flying to CRU-L1
I get kicked out of the game, with a message about starting the launcher as admin and verifying files. Done, that, but still get the error when flying toward CRU - L1. This has happened twice in a row.
Lots of replications, and people stating it is happening when flying towards other
stations.

File under: Never been bug fixed before...

• Fixed an issue that was causing settings menu clicks to click the mobiGlas behind it instead

Many confident words about fixed crash loops and graph spam.

Some entries are a bit more hesitant tho...

• Further fixes have been put in to help reduce Distribution Center elevators dropping players

Top Bottom