What other games are we all playing?

I've been watching Masters of the air on Apple TV...and wishing they'd hurry up with the remake of Microprose's B17:The Mighty eighth they've been doing for the last 5 years or so :)
Hm, I recently watched some revisit of current version of B17. Mission to bomb Brest, quite looks the original with a couple improvements. I don't remember the bomb sights that detailed. Apparently the bugs persist throughout the ages. Debriefing recorded 0 h flight time like the original would. They must have used the source code and built on that.

Hm, I recently watched some revisit of current version of B17. Mission to bomb Brest, quite looks the original with a couple improvements. I don't remember the bomb sights that detailed. Apparently the bugs persist throughout the ages. Debriefing recorded 0 h flight time like the original would. They must have used the source code and built on that.
The original B17 the mighty Eighth had an old friend of mine from across the pond (who was a bomb aimer on a B17 during the war) as a consultant, consequently, the Norden bomb sight was recreated as about as accurately as it could be in the original game.

Last edited:
The original B17 the mighty Eighth had an old friend of mine from across the pond (who was a bomb aimer on a B17 during the war) as a consultant, consequently, the Norden bomb sight was recreated as about as accurately as it could be in the original game.
It is likely that I just didn't get it back then. All the English jargon. I missed a lot...
New version has a better sight. It's not so "black and white" and clouds are in part semiopaque.

I've been watching Masters of the air on Apple TV...and wishing they'd hurry up with the remake of Microprose's B17:The Mighty eighth they've been doing for the last 5 years or so :)
There’s B17 TME Redux which came out in early access last week - it’s the original game with a fresh slathering of graphics over it, or there’s the no-date-yet B17 The Mighty Eighth VR which allows co-op with up to 9 other players or AI crew - which is the one I’m waiting for 😁 …aaaaand there’s B17 The Bloody 100th which I’m guessing is the one you’re waiting for.

Last edited:
There’s B17 TME Redux which came out in early access last week - it’s the original game with a fresh slathering of graphics over it, or there’s the no-date-yet B17 The Mighty Eighth VR which allows co-op with up to 9 other players or AI crew - which is the one I’m waiting for 😁 …aaaaand there’s B17 The Bloody 100th which I’m guessing is the one you’re waiting for.
Yup, the Bloody 100th for me since I never got into VR. The redux of the Mighty 8th just doesn't do it for me with the lack of eye candy...I might give it a try if for nothing else but pure nostalgia :)

Last edited:
I've been doing quick missions and gunnery practice most nights with GHPC. Its a fun and easy tank sim/arcady game to play if you like armored conflict.

I've also been playing ED:H and enjoying it more than I thought. I'm a bit amazed how active the Steam forum and this forum is currently (over in the Dangerous Discussions). I did the Mitterand Hollow landing and have now consolidated my small fleet in two locations: Pleiades and a base closer to "the bubble", HIP-23something. I'm heading to Orion Nebula next, then maybe California Neb, maybe somewhere else.
GL HF
ED MitterandHollow 01.jpg

I kinda cheated and used my Sidewinder instead of a T-10 or Cutter.
New Africa rising and setting every few minutes is amazing.

Last edited:
I've unlocked the dance hall and the temple in Timberborn. Cute. MIssion accomplished - back to Rogue Trader and a point of no return, ominously announced. I had picked an OP plasma rifle before and think I'm set. No time to pixel all that equipment into slots.
Off I went through a one-time gate and found myself in pursuit of the story in another unknown sector and met new enemies. A few levels only remain to the lvl cap - the story nears its conclusion.

My old PC has been dying for a while and I've now got a shiny new one. Time to replay Cyberpunk 2077 and do Phantom Liberty on max settings with raytracing and all that stuff I think. Need to download a realism or rebalance mod though. I hated the vanilla weapon leveling where you basically had to keep swapping to higher level versions of the same gun because "roleplaying"

I've also squeezed in the odd Gates of Hell match. I gotta say the US roster has grown on me. I've run infantry squads, mechanized and TD. I still think Sherman 75 is pants. If I'd classify something really characteristic: cal .50 for everyone and their dog. And WP. Using bazookas. And the maps are big part of it all, too. I really like them. Most performance problems are remedied for my with the Liberation DLC, too. Remedied, not eliminated.

Finished Rogue Trader: Very decent closure compared to all the cliffhanger endings I have endured in the past. Final plot isn't very convincing. Overall there are a number of bugs but nothing that broke my playthrough in a major way. Why some things happen in combat are not clear to me, but I could largely overcome the opposition (mostly because of Argenta).

I finally achieved my destiny as the Dragonborn in the early hours of this morning :)

Now, can I work up the enthusiasm to pick off the other outstanding quests, or do I 'officially' move on to Starfield?

What's that university city near Boston? It's what I remember first of FO4: university alley, androids coming up from a cellar. Firefights. I mean there was always a settlement that needed our help, too, but you know how it is: War never changes.

Spacebourne 2 is stepping back into the shadows for now in my gaming time. I've hit a point where I probably need to restart and another space game is holding my interest much more than SB2 plus an SB2 update is rumored to be coming soon.
As a result, my posts the SB2 topic below in this forum will be curtailed for now.

GHPC is still getting time each night when I can escape RL.
The AAR in GHPC is awesome. I've never seen such a feature before.

ED:H is The space game that's got me hooked atm. W/o Odyssey, ED:H is basically an I-am-my-ship space game but it trumps all the other similar games imho. The Galaxy and how you can travel throughout it is unmatched so far. Everspace2 is lots of fun and the systems are very interesting in most cases but its not set in a piece of the Milky Way. SB2, Astrox, Helium Rain, etc etc are similar (unless I missed something). One of the X:R systems was set around a planet blasted apart and floated in massive chunks (Albion maybe?). Those are fun places to fly around but to be able to point to a point in the sky, then fly there is also lots of fun.

Have a nice gaming weekend

Got me some:
GHPC-M1 Kills-01.jpg

A couple of turrets popped off down there. If you played and enjoyed Steelbeasts you may find this one quite entertaining. It is EA so buyer beware.

Spacebourne 2 has a big update coming soon, 4.0. ^^ up there ... guess I'll be restarting soon.
have a nice weekend

Is that Gunner, HEAT, APC?
Yep, Gunner Heat PC (GHPC) ... early access. ... a slimmed down version of SB PE. The big things it does not have that I used a lot from a tactics/strategy aspect is the maps. SB has a much more powerful map with waypoints, conditional settings (hold fire, return fire, etc.), and you can easily pop from one vehicle to the other. GHPC has a map but its fairly limited atm. SB also has a scenario creation feature ( I used a lot ). But, from a gunner's position GHPC is a lot of fun plus you can call in arty, air, and smoke from the map.
Hope that helps
Have a nice day

Top Bottom