What other games are we all playing?

Yep, Gunner Heat PC (GHPC) ... early access. ... a slimmed down version of SB PE. The big things it does not have that I used a lot from a tactics/strategy aspect is the maps. SB has a much more powerful map with waypoints, conditional settings (hold fire, return fire, etc.), and you can easily pop from one vehicle to the other. GHPC has a map but its fairly limited atm. SB also has a scenario creation feature ( I used a lot ). But, from a gunner's position GHPC is a lot of fun plus you can call in arty, air, and smoke from the map.
Hope that helps
Have a nice day
I feel slightly guilty in that I haven't played GHPC for a fair while...especially since I've been a patreon backer since it all began (before Steam early access).

Yep, Gunner Heat PC (GHPC) ... early access. ... a slimmed down version of SB PE. The big things it does not have that I used a lot from a tactics/strategy aspect is the maps. SB has a much more powerful map with waypoints, conditional settings (hold fire, return fire, etc.), and you can easily pop from one vehicle to the other. GHPC has a map but its fairly limited atm. SB also has a scenario creation feature ( I used a lot ). But, from a gunner's position GHPC is a lot of fun plus you can call in arty, air, and smoke from the map.
Hope that helps
Have a nice day
What is SB PE?

What is SB PE?
I kinda messed that up, sorry
Steelbeasts Pro PE
I bought it a week or two after initial release back in late 2000 when it was simply Steelbeasts and a few years later bought the "professional" version but for personal use (called PE). There is a military version I think that's not available to mortals. The original developer, Al Delaney (who's not involved any more afaik) was mostly a one man show with help from a person called SSnake.
Nuff said or too much said
Have a nice day

Ya, the NPC lemmings are coming. It's an arena, yay. I dunno what to do and then I notice Myers nagging about the sniper and it's too late. I build for Mantis but it kinda sucks. Especially in arena. I never noticed the deflection thing. I need to pay attention for that. Could well be I specced like Uncle Istvan.

I'm back to playing 'STALKER Anomaly'.

This is a stand-alone and free 'mod' of STALKER. It's huge, sprawling, and really quite robust and relatively bug-free. Despite the engine being quite old, the graphics are more than good enough, and the atmospherics are excellent.

ss_jonathan_08-03-19_22-49-42_l03_agroprom.jpg

However, despite enjoying playing it (again) any recommendation comes with a BIG caveat. I think you really need to have perviously played (and enjoyed!) at least one STALKER game to stand a chance with it as, for the uninitiated, it is absolutely brutal. It's also brilliant and hugely immersive. But it is utterly unforgiving, and you can be dead in less time that it takes to realise that you are being attacked by a pack of dogs, and then there's the radiation and anomolies to contend with. And NPCs will often be very keen to have you dead, but not all. Just some. Sometimes. Unless you're wearing a disguise.

ss_jonathan_07-10-19_20-37-20_l10_limansk.jpg

The 'map' is made up of a number of discreet areas, and overall it's flipping huge, and you need to allow a chunk of time to make your way carefully and thoughfully through each one.

If you liked STALKER (esp. Shadow of Chernobyl) then I suspect that you will like this. Oddly, I also think Skyrim fans might enjoy it too, as the main story can be largely ignored and there's a lot else to be done. However, do be aware that, until you tune-in, it can be brutally unforgiving, particularly at the start!

Phantom Liberty, CP 2077.
The addition of Dogtown sort of completes the game for me. I've always missed the "combat zone" - Dogtown is probably what I would rate as a proper interpretation of the combat zone in CP2077.
The reworks of 2.0 make vanilla a better game. Police reaction is much better, crafting is uncoupled from skills. Armour is (mostly) uncoupled from clothing. Cyberwear is MASSIVELY expanded. Basically it's a complete overhaul of vanilla. Aim is to make it viable to play differently, stopping the railroading, stopping the meta grind to legendaries, making players wear actually different things.

Story wise the DLC is quite good so far. For my taste some missions are overly long (at least the initial rescue thing, I thought it'd never end). It looks like I can meet Mr Hands now, gonna try.

Quite a lot of new guns and equipment, too. We seem not to be able to buy crafting mats anymore. At least not in bulk. Found one of the new smart SMGs were to my liking: it has armour piercing and decent damage, yay. It's more like an autoslugger, slow RoF, fat punch. Mantis blades are becoming more viable now. Still I feel being out in open gets you killed faster than a hamster can say "eek!"

GHPC-M1 Kills-02me.jpg

This is Me. :-(
After several deaths, dozens, this is the first time I recall having my turret popped. I get maybe 1 or 2 in 10 hits on enemy mbts that pop a top. (currently I only play US armor)
I paid for pushing too fast.
ED Cutter  02.jpg

My cutter. So pretty.
... just foolin around in Pleiades. I look forward to the update this year, whatever it may be. Have a nice day

Tomb Raider Remastered 1-3 dropped the other day, I've been enjoying some good ol dungeon exploration since.
The old gameplay was so good compared to the new TR games.

I'll throw another game in below but this one is again, an ED:H comment. I'd rather post over here than over there in the dangerous forum.
;)
I have over 7.4billion in the bank and I have most of the ships I enjoy most (yet I've owned and sold all ED ships except maybe one, except my current fleet of 11).
I have no interest in buying a FC so I need to spend some money. The most profitable ship I owned in all my 3200+ hours of play was the Beluga. I flew the wings off it. NPCs could not pull me out of SC. I defeated dozens, maybe hundreds of interdictions in that big ole beautiful whale. So after studying Coriolis, I think I'm going to make the plunge.
My current fleet:

Cutter
Corvette
Type 10
Anaconda
Python
Clipper
Courier
DBX x2
Mamba
Sidewinder

GHPC got interesting the other day when I encountered my first Choppers (Hinds vs me in an M1). They can take a couple shots before they go down which surprised me. Me thinks some balancing is going to happen due to a lot of comments over on steam. I need to quit typing and start a new mission.
Have a nice day

Last edited:
Phantom Liberty, CP 2077.
The addition of Dogtown sort of completes the game for me. I've always missed the "combat zone" - Dogtown is probably what I would rate as a proper interpretation of the combat zone in CP2077.
The reworks of 2.0 make vanilla a better game. Police reaction is much better, crafting is uncoupled from skills. Armour is (mostly) uncoupled from clothing. Cyberwear is MASSIVELY expanded. Basically it's a complete overhaul of vanilla. Aim is to make it viable to play differently, stopping the railroading, stopping the meta grind to legendaries, making players wear actually different things.

Story wise the DLC is quite good so far. For my taste some missions are overly long (at least the initial rescue thing, I thought it'd never end). It looks like I can meet Mr Hands now, gonna try.

Quite a lot of new guns and equipment, too. We seem not to be able to buy crafting mats anymore. At least not in bulk. Found one of the new smart SMGs were to my liking: it has armour piercing and decent damage, yay. It's more like an autoslugger, slow RoF, fat punch. Mantis blades are becoming more viable now. Still I feel being out in open gets you killed faster than a hamster can say "eek!"
I liked the Phantom Liberty story very much. It was well acted, and the morality was very grey. The Cyberpunk genre is supposed to be about wallowing in a film noir moral maze where none of the options open to you feel right or decent. I preferred it to the main story

I liked the Phantom Liberty story very much. It was well acted, and the morality was very grey. The Cyberpunk genre is supposed to be about wallowing in a film noir moral maze where none of the options open to you feel right or decent. I preferred it to the main story
I didnt finish yet and have no clue how it's gonna end. I expect Scylla and Charybdis and maybe a third turd to swallow. I've kinda set V's course and try to roleplay through that.
Mantis build comes nicely along with the help of Pizdets SMG.

I didnt finish yet and have no clue how it's gonna end. I expect Scylla and Charybdis and maybe a third turd to swallow. I've kinda set V's course and try to roleplay through that.
Mantis build comes nicely along with the help of Pizdets SMG.
I'm still playing Phantom Liberty. I've still got a couple of side quests in Dog Town

But the end of the main quest left me feeling deflated and pensive... just like any good film noir should do

I'm still playing Phantom Liberty. I've still got a couple of side quests in Dog Town

But the end of the main quest left me feeling deflated and pensive... just like any good film noir should do
I've just got into the Phantom Liberty bit for the first time. I started the game again from scratch when I got my new PC. I'm using a hardcore mod to make the shooting a bit more realistic, but this does make certain fights super hard. I gave up trying to stop cyberpsychos for now, some of them seem impossible with this mod.

I've just got into the Phantom Liberty bit for the first time. I started the game again from scratch when I got my new PC. I'm using a hardcore mod to make the shooting a bit more realistic, but this does make certain fights super hard. I gave up trying to stop cyberpsychos for now, some of them seem impossible with this mod.
I played vanilla on hardest once. It wasnt really fun. Just delayed godmode. Most of the power comes with gear and thatunlocks gradually.

Yinglong SMG joined my roster. A 4th level perk lets me swap smg for reload and RoF boost and I have exploited that in a Maxtac assault (story). 2nd wave with specials I finished with Mantis blades, just like I did with a big villain in Dogtown. I'm at the final arc of Phantom Liberty now, I think.

Another example of the AAR in GHPC:
GHPC-AAR-damage-02-.jpg

I'm still playing the Instant Action battles. Its keeping me entertained just improving tactics. The Campaigns I have not tried yet.
Lots of fun. I hope the game only tracks mission time because I only have ~22 hrs as of this date but, it seems I've played many more hours than that.
... and have a nice day

Top Bottom