Game Discussions X4 this looks Very good

I don't understand the flight model very much, so I modified it and left it the same as the one I have in ED, I use hotas, I spent almost an entire afternoon to have my ideal configuration.
I did the same (mimicked Elite in X4), except using my PS4 controller. I can easily swap between X4 and Elite and feel like I'm playing the same game, flight-wise. The exception is there are no pips in X4, which frees up controls for my lateral thrusters. The other difference is that small ships are very squirrelly in X4, almost arcade-like, which I don't like, but switching to FA-off fixes this "problem", making even ships feel substantial.

What are the Split doing in 19th Century America?

Split19thC.jpg

I'm looking forward to winter so I can start playing this again, LOL.

Question - can save files be edited to change the aggressiveness of various factions, or is that tied specifically to a procgen seed and determined in the game code rather than an XML value? I have a good save going, but my random roll of the galaxy is a bit boring at the moment.

"I win. I always win. Is there no one on this planet in this galaxy to even challenge me?"

BoredZod.jpg

I'm looking forward to winter so I can start playing this again, LOL.

Question - can save files be edited to change the aggressiveness of various factions, or is that tied specifically to a procgen seed and determined in the game code rather than an XML value? I have a good save going, but my random roll of the galaxy is a bit boring at the moment.

"I win. I always win. Is there no one on this planet in this galaxy to even challenge me?"

View attachment 361658
That is a question you may have more luck with at the Egosoft forum.

Sooooooooo ive enjoyed playing Kingdom End but now im struggling to log in, the old bugs are still there and dont get me started on auto pilot.
Never modded the game (other than using the in game mod to make a peaceful trade game) but have any of you played the Star Wars mod?

Sooooooooo ive enjoyed playing Kingdom End but now im struggling to log in, the old bugs are still there and dont get me started on auto pilot.
Never modded the game (other than using the in game mod to make a peaceful trade game) but have any of you played the Star Wars mod?
No, mainly because it overwrites the traditional game, which I'm far from finishing.

As for mods, there are some great mods that improve the game without fundamentally changing it. Unfortunately I don't know any that fix things like pathing (AI ships and autopilots flying into things), which is a real bummer. I do wish Egosoft would focus on fixing this rather than wasting time on a multiplayer feature that many of us never asked for. Oh well, every company has its faults I guess..

I was impressed by this thread on economy building for shipyards. This is one of many things I have not done in X4. I've built stations but no more than three in one of my game saves and they were more focused on raw materials and food products to feed the people and make them happy. I was too busy flying around enjoying the scenery to get tied up in empire building, shipyards and micro management.

GL HF

I was impressed by this thread on economy building for shipyards. This is one of many things I have not done in X4. I've built stations but no more than three in one of my game saves and they were more focused on raw materials and food products to feed the people and make them happy. I was too busy flying around enjoying the scenery to get tied up in empire building, shipyards and micro management.

GL HF
Terran is easier to manage. I didn't enjoy the universal tree very much. I was always forgetting one thing. When you set up a wharf and want to throw in a huge station that does everything. It works. It looks impressive, majestic even. You put all cat in one bad though. Either enemy influence can hurt it. Or your own: You rework the base, add modules and that and the huge colossus stops working for the time of the construction.
Keep that in mind. A distributed approach looks like nightmar on your tables but is very resilient and easily scalable.

I love building docks and wharfs, and have a couple set up. Full production in one spot. There are issues with the trading AI, and it simply works much better to have A-Z production on one station.

I love building docks and wharfs, and have a couple set up. Full production in one spot. There are issues with the trading AI, and it simply works much better to have A-Z production on one station.
Loved the integrated Terran Space Yards. But I wouldn't do it with universal goods, omg, no!

Sounds enigmatic. I have a hunch that anything Egosoft been doing was trying to present new ways to play the game to (old) players. This sounds like a bit like Farnham's legend (which I haven't played) - an excursion outside the sandbox.

If they can sort out the terrible UI and awful AI i may play more, the expansion just sounds like a lot of small missions.
Will have to wait and see.

X4 on Raptor 02.jpg

see me in there ^ ... standing up behind my awesome pilot
X4 on Raptor 01.jpg

Its very cool to sit in your Katana corvette class ship, while its docked on a carrier class Raptor with other ships of your fleet standing by in the distance. I can walk from the bridge of my current ship to the Raptor and chose another ship to fly. The interaction and immersion in X4 is very basic but quite adequate to feel like you are there. Fleet management and empire building gets most the kudos, but the simple things in this game are wonderful.
Have a nice day

Top Bottom