Building on piers.

I would like to the building of piers over water that allows rides and coasters to be built on top of. I would like to see the coaster supports with the pier decking as if it were the ground. It would include pylons and railings and allow paths, rides, shops , and anything to be built on the deck of the pier.
I would like to see a path type called "Boardwalk" too.
Example:
santa-monica-pier.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to the building of piers over water that allows rides and coasters to be built on top of. I would like to see the coaster supports with the pier decking as if it were the ground. It would include pylons and railings and allow paths, rides, shops , and anything to be built on the deck of the pier.
I would like to see a path type called "Boardwalk" too.
Example:
https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/06/00/36/31/santa-monica-pier.jpg

sounds like a good idea i think but i dont know if it is or not but that resembles a pier from grand theft auto 5 but yeah that would be a cool idea [yesnod]

Okay, I understand your question. I don't think it will be a feature, but nothing wrong with asking for it. I do have a suggestion for you. If you make a pier with the terrain tool, then cover the terrain up with wood, place wooden supports under it and build everything else upon the pier Is this no option, you think? I don't know if you can get the terrain so flat, but it seems possible in my mind.[tongue]

Possible, maybe, but slow and difficult. The results would not as good. Having the tools for this would yield better results.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

sounds like a good idea i think but i dont know if it is or not but that resembles a pier from grand theft auto 5 but yeah that would be a cool idea [yesnod]

That would be Santa Monica Pier, and yes it's the model for GTA5. The rides are noting special, but it's an icon none the less.

I attempted the pier idea using the supports of the elevaled ride and a gridded path with no supports. This is WIP and I've yet to build some suitable supports for the bits that are currently unsupported, but it's heading in the right direction. Would look a ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ of a lot better with sea to the horizon instead of the water reverting to land at the park boundary - hopefully an ocean map will turn up at some point.

BoLdLPI.png

Last edited:
Technically I think it is possible to build something like this already.
If you create an elevated floating piece of land with supports underneath it and walls to the side of it. The coaster supports will stay on top of the land and using the wooden deck over your paths without curbs and fences will create the illusion that it is a pier. I'll try to create such a map, if it works I'll post about it here again. [up]

So yeah ... as you can see : We need a map with a beachfront to do that [big grin]

And ... by the way ... also an "ocean" map, to make island(s)

Last edited:
Top Bottom