General / Off-Topic Recommended Graphic Card (GTX Vs GT) and Window 10 Question.

After finding out that I need a New graphic Card to run PC and Cities Skylines, the site said I need a nVidia GeForce GTX260.

I Have a nVidia GeForce GT520.

Wouldn't the 520 be Better than the 260 or does the X play a factor? The GTX being a better series than the GT series.(?)

So which would be better, GTX vs GT series?

I need a GOOD Graphic Card for UNDER $100 but WON'T Mess with RCT1-3. I tried running them through the GT520 but the Images got Smaller, still Full screen but Smaller. SO I had to switch back to the Default Card that came with the computer.

Also, I have NOT Switched to Windows 10 yet and heard it Messes with RCT1-3 making them Unplayable and would Loose all Data. Reinstall after the switch to 10?

You should be fine. GTX is a more powerful version of the model, but it shouldn't be a problem. Difference between GT and GTX IIRC is in the past NVIDIA made GT and GTX, GTX being more powerful for high end gaming, and GT cards are no longer produced except for legacy support of older cards.

edit: Scratch that, just did some benchmark checks. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-260-vs-GeForce-GT-520 A GTX 260 is better than a GT 520. Fact checking is harder when on mobile, and now I feel less credible. [sad]

And I'd stick with your current version of Windows, unless you want a feature that W10 has, and to deal with disabling tracking "features".
Best to luck.

Last edited:
You should be fine. GTX is a more powerful version of the model, but it shouldn't be a problem. Difference between GT and GTX IIRC is in the past NVIDIA made GT and GTX, GTX being more powerful for high end gaming, and GT cards are no longer produced except for legacy support of older cards.

And I'd stick with your current version of Windows, unless you want a feature that W10 has, and to deal with disabling tracking "features".

Best to luck.

So the GTX is what I will need. Amazon has one at $135. Not too bad. but I take I should get/look for a larger GTX480 just in case and depending on price.

That Helps. Looking at Amazon doesn't do jack to tell me anything. The one Recommended by, Can You Run This was the GTX260 for 145 but can find a GTX750ti for Less and almost Half in some cases which makes things confusing. I just hope now I won't need a new Power supply to handle a new GC.

I Don't Need-Need a New GC and Don't Need to Play PC (yeah right) or Cities Skylines. Shoot, I never really used the CG I have now since I bought it. But am going to get one anyway so I Can. RCT1-3 don't need a new card and my Newly DL'ed GTA5, nor does the one other game I DL'ed a while back and don't really play.

I Need a Good Gaming Controller so I can Play PS and Xbox Games on PC but don't want to/can't spend over $50 to get one. Then Learn how to use Emulators to make a PC into a PS and Xbox.

Sapper

S
I'm wanting to pre-order but I'm not sure that my computer system is fast enough, mainly the video card.
I'm playing Cities Skyline with no issues so I'm hoping it can handle this game too. Thanks in advance.

It consists of:
Window's 7 Pro 64 bit
i7 CPU 860 @2.80GHz 2.93GHz
8 GB ram
AMD Radeon HD 6450

The 750ti shouldn't need a new PSU as it's pretty light on power - I'm sure some of the models don't even require an external 6pin power connector. Depending on your budget and current setup I'd look to pickup something 2nd hand like perhaps the GTX760. Can sometimes get them for the same price as the 750ti and it has a bit more ompfh! Requires two 6pin PCIe connectors though.

Top Bottom