Roller Coaster Detail

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
I just wanted to point out the amazing amount of detail going in these rides. These are a few images I put together of the Zamperla/Zierer kiddie coaster we saw in the recent live stream, comparing it to Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure at ATR.

VTwIwG6.jpg

From the motors under the lift hill and the fact the wheels are correct with 4 on the first and 2 on the rest. This is stunning and we should just embrace the amazing levels of effort going into this game.

#chiefbeefbelief #cosmiccowwow

Last edited:
How about those supports on the wooden coaster??? Man they're a serious WIP, but wow they look great. They kind of have that old classic look to them. Like not every board was placed perfectly. Love it.

The details are stunning.

I just wanted to point out the amazing amount of detail going in these rides. These are a few images I put together of the Zamperla kiddie coaster we saw in the recent live stream, comparing it to Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure at ATR.

http://i.imgur.com/VTwIwG6.jpg

From the motors under the lift hill and the fact the wheels are correct with 4 on the first and 2 on the rest. This is stunning and we should just embrace the amazing levels of effort going into this game.

#chiefbeefbelief #cosmiccowwow

How about those supports on the wooden coaster??? Man they're a serious WIP, but wow they look great. They kind of have that old classic look to them. Like not every board was placed perfectly. Love it.

The details are stunning.

Yup the details are so good Frontier now,s how to build an amazing game [up]

Yeah, I was blown away by that. Very close to NoLimits 2 level of detail, which is fantastic for this kind of game (NL2 is technically software, so it's made to be highly realistic).

Last edited:
I thought "Octonoughts" as soon as I saw that on the live stream. The attention to detail is really doing it for me. The detail and accuracy is in danger of entering NL2 territory. I think this game will be the nearest any theme park sim game gets to No Limits.

And it makes me laugh when we still hear idiots say RCTW is more realistic. And it's usually the same people who say they've not bothered by such details as supports and accurate coaster cars.

As soon as I heard Sam geek out about his love of coasters and how important the details and accuracy was to him, I knew we were in safe hands.

Hi everyone! I don't know if this has been already asked: Are block-brakes going to be in the game? In RCT3 there was the possibility to block a train waiting for the next one to leave the station. [happy][big grin]

And it makes me laugh when we still hear idiots say RCTW is more realistic. And it's usually the same people who say they've not bothered by such details as supports and accurate coaster cars.

Yeah, I never know what goes on inside their heads. They seem to have been somehow brainwashed into defending a game that is not only a bad coaster game, but a badly made game in general. Anyway, talking about that isn't usually welcomed much here so I'll leave it there :p

Hi everyone! I don't know if this has been already asked: Are block-brakes going to be in the game? In RCT3 there was the possibility to block a train waiting for the next one to leave the station. [happy][big grin]

I would hope so if the rumours about transfer tracks existing are true.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind having an honest period where guest leave the park (like a night time scenario) and then guests return to the park. Ugh, that would be so nice... Instead of an instant night to day scenario.

I wouldn't mind having an honest period where guest leave the park (like a night time scenario) and then guests return to the park. Ugh, that would be so nice... Instead of an instant night to day scenario.

It would be great! This has been already debated. It would be wonderful to have the possibility to choose the length of the day and the night and also be able to decide whether to close the park or leave it open full time! :-D

What does that have to do with coaster detail? It is something I'd like too though. Parks aren't open all night irl.

Last edited:
The only problem is, the game doesn't run in real time (well, it won't if previous games are any indication). I think the Peeps would have to be sped up to match the game time in order for them to leave the park every night. Then they wouldn't have realistic behaviors; it would look like the closing of a Benny Hill show (I know I'm dating myself here...). The realism line has to be drawn somewhere. It's still a game, after all. And don't get me started on parking lots and hotels...

^ This is completely un-PC (see what I did there?) But the Benny Hill thing would be ace in Planet Coaster. Just seeing a dirty old guest chasing a gaggle of hotties round and round on the way out of the park, plus theme tune, would be hilarious.

However, this has NOTHING to do with Rollercoaster details. There's plenty for us to discuss on the subject of this thread.

^ This is completely un-PC (see what I did there?) But the Benny Hill thing would be ace in Planet Coaster. Just seeing a dirty old guest chasing a gaggle of hotties round and round on the way out of the park, plus theme tune, would be hilarious.

However, this has NOTHING to do with Rollercoaster details. There's plenty for us to discuss on the subject of this thread.

Ha ha! I could play the part of Benny Hill!
[haha] [haha] [haha]

Top Bottom