snap to grid on walls

Been playing around in the alpha and one of the issue that keeps annoying me is the lack of an option to snap decorations (lights, windows, etc.) to the walls so that if I put two lights on either side of a wall both will be in the same spot.

Maybe a grid, like we have on the ground, can be added to the walls in order to fix this. This would also be a toggle-able option.
Thoughts?

EDIT: maybe this should be moved to the alpha forums?

Last edited:
I was thinking something similar, but more along the lines how for example Google Docs does it when you align objects on a slide, it shows colored helping lines when you have another object in place that has one or more borders aligned with what you are moving around.
Maybe a solution could be to have a hotkey, while you hold it, horizontal and vertical lines get drawn on walls, from all center positions of all objects outwards, and the center point of the object you are dragging around would snap to those lines.
Another alternative could be to have the "F" key behave a bit differently, or maybe another key that would allow fewer increments, similar thow height is controlled in small increments when holding shift on walls and floors.

By the way, if you want to make opposite sides of a house look the same, you can also group copy by holding CTRL when selecting, and then paste it all at once, or at least the important parts.

+1 snapping is really needed and also some world manipulator that you can tweak the asset after placement

(positioning, rotate, scale)

Ref-Interface-Transforms-Manipulators.png

Ditto, placement is a real,real problem!
Need grids for certain parts of the game!
I've lost interest very quickly from trying to place lights on paths in my caves and tunnels!
Way to much a waste of time!

Ditto, placement is a real,real problem!
Need grids for certain parts of the game!
I've lost interest very quickly from trying to place lights on paths in my caves and tunnels!
Way to much a waste of time!

Have you tried advanced placement mode? It's pretty good for placing a row of lights at the same height along a flat wall...

Top Bottom