Trigger track piece for coasters.

So hear me out on this.
Just like in real life, you have coasters that have sensors in their tracks that triggers something. For example a door opens, an animatronic starts playing its cue or a sound starts playing (alarm sound before it gets launched? [big grin] ) now RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 also had this feature in which you could place a scenery object next to the coaster that is triggered once the coaster goes by over a certain part of the track which in return gives extra excitement to the ride.

So my idea is just that; able to place things such as speakers, custom animated animatronics, lights, doors and such and let them be triggered once the cart goes over a certain part of the track which could add excitement to the coaster (or not since it can be abused)

Last edited:
I love this idea, i liked it in RCT3 just wished their were mode pieces in the game. I hope this game has amazing audio, i always like a good audio on board a roller coaster. It would be need to have this.

I never used the trigger thing for coasters though. I used it for the "childish" rides most of the time. My thought was peeps weren't able to see the animatronics when they pass by with 90km/h in a coaster.

But yes, I like the idea of having this in PC too!

You could use it for fast rides but it would make a ride like Pirates of the Caribbean look good, any slow moving ride.

Last edited:
I personally want Planet Coaster to be like RCT3 but a lot better.😀

Last edited:
I personally want Planet Coaster to be like RCT3 but a lot better.

At this point, yeah, I'm in agreement with you. Basically the mechanics of RCT3, but improved and updated for a modern game with more in-depth building abilities.

I personally want Planet Coaster to be like RCT3 but a lot better.

I hope its not really like RCT3. RCTW is looking too much like the previous generations. From the art they have been showing us it looks awesome. Some of the features from RCT3 we need. But like the coaster editor i want to be more modern and customization. Same with custom buildings. Maybe we can be able to design the ride and when designing the ride you can add these trigger pieces and then all at once place the coaster and scenery. Just a thought....

I hope its not really like RCT3. RCTW is looking too much like the previous generations. From the art they have been showing us it looks awesome. Some of the features from RCT3 we need. But like the coaster editor i want to be more modern and customization. Same with custom buildings. Maybe we can be able to design the ride and when designing the ride you can add these trigger pieces and then all at once place the coaster and scenery. Just a thought....

I don't want PC to look like RCT3, but I want PC to have most of the rides and features of RCT3, but more and a lot better, and also have new stuff too. I do like how PC and RCTW have different artistic styles.

Last edited:
I don't want PC to look like RCT3, but I want PC to have most of the rides and features of RCT3, but more and a lot better, and also have new stuff too. I do like how PC and RCTW have different artistic styles.

Yes, so far i like the art style of PC, I hope we get a lot of realistic features in PC including trigger scenery. I think even at release RCTW is going to be missing some of these important features.

Same here !

Even if they say "PlanetCoaster is a new IP, we want to do things differently", I hope that this is just "marketing words", but in reality :
- They take everything good in RCT3
- They add a big number of suggestions from this forum
- And all with this amazing "Pixar" style they have for now

Top Bottom