New and need some information .

Hello all, I'm very interested in buying planet coaster . The information I need is this .

1, If I buy the early bird edition alpha game, how does it work ? Say I buy it now, will I actually be able to use the game ?

Distribution ? How will I get the game after buying it ? Will there be unlimited download if needed ?

I probroly will have more questions . Thanks.

Hello all, I'm very interested in buying planet coaster . The information I need is this .

1, If I buy the early bird edition alpha game, how does it work ? Say I buy it now, will I actually be able to use the game ?

Distribution ? How will I get the game after buying it ? Will there be unlimited download if needed ?

I probroly will have more questions . Thanks.

1. You will need to create an account at the frontier store - https://www.frontierstore.net/
2. Once created, you can they buy the early bird edition, or preorder for the release addition - Early bird INCLUDES final release.
3. Once bought, you can download the "download client" from the download section of your account, yes I believe it's unlimited downloads.
4. Install client, The client is for frontier games, so once installed run the client - planet coaster, elite etc should be there - for PC, you should have a download button (for Elite, you would need to buy it).
5. Once downloaded PC - the download button will change to a PLAY button - hit that and have fun!.

6 - For updates - the play button will become "update" so it will patch itself. once done it will turn back to PLAY.

EDIT: Oops forgot to mention - If you buy the ALPHA (early bird) edition, Yes you can play it now once it's downloaded etc, but it is alpha and bugs / changes are expected - but with your feedback to the alpha forums you can help make the game better! If you pre order and don't bother with the early bird edition - then you will have to wait for final release - which is Q4 2016 (so sometimes sep-dec - no fixed month yet)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information . The only thing I'm wondering about is the "alpha" ! Usually "alphas" are only tempotary . I guess what I'm trying to say is if I buy the planet coaster esrly bitd "alpha" game, will it stop and then have to wait for the final release . Also I read where there are stages . What stage is it at as of now ?

Top Bottom