New interview (Spanish)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
[FONT=‘Oxygen’]Spanish to English Translation: (Google chrome translator)

Developments
, responsible for games as Elite: Dangerous , is also developing at this time Planet Coaster , a new management simulator amusement parks, undoubtedly the specialty of the house. We chatted a while with Sam Denney and John Laws , technical director and artistic director, respectively, in the project. This is what we have been able to tell his new video game, you can enjoy PC next year.[/FONT]
[FONT=‘Oxygen’]GuiltyBit: Whenever you offer variety in your catalog of games, but it seems simulators amusement parks is a topic you like. Why they are so incredible?[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]Frontier Developments: We pride ourselves on and enjoyed the challenges that come with our diverse production. There are many reasons why gender coaster games that we are so successful, especially the amount of enthusiasts amusement parks in Frontier, but I personally think it's the combination of simulation of deep management and design very creative environment.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]The operation of a theme park has all the complexity of a strategic simulation game, but dressed in a kind of Mardi Gras.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]GB .: We can tell some new features that make this game different Tycoon or Theme Park?[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]FD: We are planning to show background Planet Coaster features in the future, so I'll stop by far above, but one of our main developments is the potential for the player to interlace land, buildings and attractions to levels not They are in these games.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]In reality, amusement attractions integrate modern roads, concessions, landscapes and horseback riding, so the physical division is blurred. We see it as an important step to reflect this in the amusement parks of Planet Coaster.

[/FONT]
[FONT=‘Oxygen’]GB .: Is this a game for players hardcore or casual? I guess I shall say that for both, but how can you do?[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]FD: Speaking very personally, I think the casual and hardcore are becoming an irrelevance terms. I often find myself in conversations with people playing Candy Crush on a screen, you are watching TV in another and maintained as a conversation. Such is modern life.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]For Coaster Planet, we want people to be able to play their way . ¿Sessions hardcore 8 hours? No problem.Would you rather play for half an hour? I is suitable too. The game should be for everyone. If you look back in numbers compared to our original, simulators parks iconic attractions reached a hearing of almost 50% men and 50% women in a wide range of ages, and I think that is because they do not direct us to a " public "or a" demographic "but we've done a damn good commercial space simulator, in which people want to buy, ride attractions or just have a good time.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]The secret to capture both audiences is to give both quality and personal level, and that is something risky and interesting. A game with a beautiful aesthetic, which intrigues the player who challenges his mind and that allows your creativity to grow will appeal to hardcore and casual. Both groups like to share good things with your friends, either by your state or fun, and Planet Coaster is already doing this.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]Building a play space, see the NPC interact with it and react to events is a very human activity. The gameplay challenges Coaster Planet demographic concepts as "hardcore" and "casual" because the simulation is driven by common sense and natural human emotions.

[/FONT]
[FONT=‘Oxygen’]GB .: The first developer diary was released last week. So are we near the final release date of the game?Do you have some time to share with us? What are the platforms that are working on this game?[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]FD: I can say that you will be playing Coaster Planet by the end of 2016, and we are currently working only for PC.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]GB .: The visual aspect of the game is very handsome. Could you give us more details of the technological aspects of development (graphics engines that you are using, technologies, etc.)?[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]FD: Thanks! We are very excited. We use our own graphics engine called Cobra. The strategy is that when we start a project we take the latest version of Cobra and customize the specific engine functions specific challenges in the game, rendering thousands of characters individually Park is a good example.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]We adapt our code to solve the key functions and after the game's launch key features we caught back in the engine, so that will be used as the basis for future projects or improvements of existing games like Planet Coaster.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]Using proprietary tools instead of precooked solutions work for titles like Planet Coaster, where the challenges are more extreme than in conventional games. Our engine becomes more powerful with every game we do, plus it allows us to improve mainline franchises faster.

[/FONT]
[FONT=‘Oxygen’]GB .: imagine the development of really complex games like Elite and Planet Coaster is really challenging. How can you do? What is your secret?[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]FD: It is true. These games have very complex systems. Planet Coaster identify and prioritize the key features of the player experience, find out what are the most difficult tasks and started it first. Are the most difficult key features that define much of the development and initial scope.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]We are also strong supporters of putting gameplay features in the game as soon as possible to ensure that we can feel what it's like to play. Spending too much time on "design on paper" or conceptual stages usually often lead to problems if you can not experience a feature of the game quickly.

[/FONT]
[FONT=‘Oxygen’]GB .: Please Tell us so that you can reveal about the online features of the game.[/FONT][FONT=‘Oxygen’]FD: Currently I can only reveal that disclose later. But this is PLANET Coaster, so of course the construction of a global community is important. We saved some fantastic surprises up his sleeve![/FONT]

As we all know google tranlators is a bit <ahem> for this things, but I dont have time this last days becuase of work (you probably havent seen me much in this forums the last 3 days [haha] ) Im going to try to summarise the most important details of the interview, as much of it we already know.

-When asked whats the difference between Planet Coaster and RCT and Theme Park, they emphasize the importance they are going to give to the mix between building tools, terraforming and rides. They have evolved this three systems to work together in a way not surpassed by any game in the genre before. They compare it to real theme parks how terrain, paths, stalls, buildings all blend together beautifully, and how they want to accomplish the same thing. They cant wait to show all of this in the future. (My note: I think this is the most important and exciting paragrah of the whole inteview)

-Both for hardcore or casual but thats becuase they say they dont think theres a separation with park tycoon games (give the example of past games being played by 50% women and 50% males), not because they are going to trimmer depth of the game. You can play it for 8 hours a day, or 30 minutes burts, both are fun.

-Another good part of the interview. Using Cobra as their own engine makes it possible to get Planet Coaster were they want, instead of using precooked programming and elements like a lot of devs need to resort when using engines not made by them. Every time they finish a game, all what have been programmed for Cobra is super useful for the next game, so Cobra has grown each time converting it into a powerful tool. They say the can do things with Cobra that wouldnt be possible with already made engines. Render thousands of characters at the same tiem is an example of it.

-The game (and elite) are super complex. They gave priority to the key gameplay features for player experience. The most difficult tasks are started first, that are whats going to say the cope the game will have. They also really like to start with gameplay features from the beginning so they can feel how the game works from the start. Losing too much time in conceptual ideas in paper, when you put them on the game, sometimes will lead to lots problems.

-They end with the interview saying they have a bunch of amazing surprises we still dont know. (My note: Probably means theres a bucnh of things that probably havent appear in old park tycoon games, and still havent showed yet. Exciting times!)

Thats a summary of the most important things, they also talk about realesing the game at the end of 2016, but we already knew that.

Last edited by a moderator:
On chrome you can right click and translate whole whole page on demand. It's very wonky but people can get a general picture of what's being spoken

Last edited:

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
they emphasize the importance they are going to give to the mix between building tools, terraforming and rides. They have evolved this three systems to work together in a way not surpassed by any game in the genre before. They compare it to real theme parks how terrain, paths, stalls, buildings all blend together beautifully, and how they want to accomplish the same thing. They cant wait to show all of this in the future. (My note: I think this is the most important and exciting paragrah of the whole inteview)

This sounds very interesting!

On chrome you can right click and translate whole whole page on demand. It's very wonky but people can get a general picture of what's being spoken

Yeah, it is very iffy. That is what I did with the post.

The good thing, we have an international forum, so as someone from Spain, I dont mind to do a summary of the interview so other people can understand (you can get the gist of ti witha google translation, but there are things that sometimes twist what is being said). I would have done the whole interview if I had more time, but I think the summary I did is good enough getting the important bits without sounding like broken english [haha]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom