Water in the live stream?

Im not sure if there has already been a thousand posts about this, and i apologize if there has been, but I was just watching the Live Stream again - and when they make the Nordic god with the terrain, after adding the paths is that water i see? It seems to cut off rather fast but i also notice the water tab in the terrain editor at the bottom right.

If you are going to look, its at 50:20ish.

I am so looking forward to the terrain tool to add even more depth to the game. cant wait to add in tunnels, even more so with steam/smoke!

Edit - There is already a thread in the alpha section! - My bad [mouth shut] hould have searched properly before posting!

Last edited:
Perhaps it will be like the current alpha coaster editor? "Underconstruction" to unlock it? Or maybe "Underthesea" [haha]!

They said they weren't quite happy with it yet so won't be in alpha 2. But I imagine it is one of their high priorities at the moment.

I understant why water quality would be important for them and I'm pretty sure they are doing their best to find the perfect way to implement it so it would cooperate perfectly with a new and intricate terrain tool. The way water was made in RCT3 is completely obsolete by todays standards. Water in there might have been really pretty to look at, but it caused huge amount of issues and glitches. Making it behave as you were expecting was quite impossible. TBH water in RCT3 reminded me of that old way of putting a water textured surface sheet and placing water zoning node underneath it, like you did in UT99.
Whatever they did it, water is a main cause I can't play it anymore as it crashes the game all the time.
With the terrain editor PC is using they have to make something much more flexible. Something that will accommodate for underwater tunnels and ground being easily edited around it. Not to mention waterfalls. I'm guessing its the toughest job jet?

Rudimentary or not, it looked sweet!

5iRz4D1.jpg

ylioGiw.jpg

I don't think I've ever been as excited for a game before in my life. Roll on the end game release.

It would be nice if even for now, there was a water scenery piece, like a roof tile, that was maybe 10x bigger, that you could add to each other to give the impression of water. NoLimits 2 has this, as well as the in-game water and it's really handy.
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is already designing parks with water in mind, and this would be a quick fix before the actual water is released.

Not confirmed for next alpha... but you saw a rudimentary version of it. [cool]

It would be nice if even for now, there was a water scenery piece, like a roof tile, that was maybe 10x bigger, that you could add to each other to give the impression of water. NoLimits 2 has this, as well as the in-game water and it's really handy.
I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is already designing parks with water in mind, and this would be a quick fix before the actual water is released.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH yes! [up][up][up][up][up][up][up]

Brett did you see that idea?
A roof piece that looks a bit more watery than a blue roof, in Alpha 2, would be a superb temporary solution for us.
(not necessarily the 10x bit, that might be problematic, just an ordinary one would do)

Please consider this idea.
Surely the amazing JL and his team could whip up a lovely one of those in about 3 minutes?!?
If it's easy and quick to do, it would be very much appreciated.

Top Bottom