Staff Vehicles and backstage

I would really like to see vehicles for the different staff in example: security, cleaning, delivery.
Shops need merchandise and goods to be delivered and park cleaning need something to to put all the trash in. You often se the golf cart type vehicles in theme parks for all kind of stuff.

One way to see on it might be as an upgrade for them to get around faster, they start out with a trolley/cart and can be upgraded to be able to cover a larger area and carry more goods/trash.

This also opens up for usage of the previously mentioned backstage area:
-Parking for vehicles
-Trash collection
-Warehouse
- Maybe even a garden center with greenhouses for new plants to be researched and transported out in the park.
-Aid station, for taking care of sick and injured peeps.
-And of course, zonable staff only paths and areas.

Last edited:
I would really like to see vehicles for the different staff in example: security, cleaning, delivery.
Shops need merchandise and goods to be delivered and park cleaning need something to to put all the trash in. You often se the golf cart type vehicles in theme parks for all kind of stuff.

One way to see on it might be as an upgrade for them to get around faster, they start out with a trolley/cart and can be upgraded to be able to cover a larger area and carry more goods/trash.

This also opens up for usage of the previously mentioned backstage area:
-Parking for vehicles
-Trash collection
-Warehouse
- Maybe even a garden center with greenhouses for new plants to be researched and transported out in the park.
-Aid station, for taking care of sick and injured peeps.
-And of course, zonable staff only paths and areas.

Like a golf cart for the sanitation workers to carry trash in? (And would the security guys have to deal with troublemakers stealing a golf cart for a joy ride?)

Like a golf cart for the sanitation workers to carry trash in? (And would the security guys have to deal with troublemakers stealing a golf cart for a joy ride?)

Didn't even think about that, gives them something more to do than chasing vandals for broken benches and lightbulbs[big grin]

o
m
g
YES please!! [up]
It might be tough to do though, as you would have to make sure that they can traverse paths properly.

I also would like to see a security guard "mini game" where you get to play as a security guard and chase after vandals. It would be even better with golf carts lol, imagine if you could play online with friends with 1 or 2 people playing vandal and another 1 or 2 playing security

Last edited:
I like the idea of zonable back-of-house areas for those who want the additional realism. After all, a big part of theme park design (at least for companies like Disney) is making sure that the guest experience isn't compromised by the workings of the park. It can be a challenging task, but it's a big part of what drives themed entertainment development.

I don't think we need back-of-house mini games, and I wouldn't want to see a disproportionate amount of developer time spent on this. However, I think it could add a sense of realism for that want it. And as someone who has worked at a theme park, I always find the BOH areas interesting to some degree (but it's not why I go to theme parks).

Last edited:
They did it in Zoo Tycoon, so, why not Planet Coaster?

[video=youtube;LbDVeF7YI-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbDVeF7YI-g[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom