cheatcode in alpha 2

Nobody has said for definite that there is going to be a cheat code for alpha 2. I think people are just presuming there will be something. [rolleyes]
But I think we are in for a surprise of some sort. [rolleyes]

I am pretty sure it will be an early version of the economy system. In all of the Alpha 2 videos we have seen the park-budget in the lower left of the screen and also the coaster pieces cost money.
But the Devs never mentioned that that feature will be in Alpha 2.

I am pretty sure it will be an early version of the economy system. In all of the Alpha 2 videos we have seen the park-budget in the lower left of the screen and also the coaster pieces cost money.
But the Devs never mentioned that that feature will be in Alpha 2.

That doesn't mean anything. As mentioned in other threads I would think they have had a nearly finished build complete with all features since before the Alpha release. They are doing the polishing as we test the Alphas. From what Frontier have done in the past, they stick to whatever plan they have in mind and we know that Finance with park management/simulation comes in stage 3 not 2. We only got the coaster builder as an unlockable cheat because everyone at the Alpha 1 invite begged them to do it. My guess is without their input we wouldn't have seen the coaster builder at all in stage 1. Only my guess based on how Frontier have behaved in the past, but we will only get what they have told us we are getting in Alpha 2, the terrain editor, coaster builder proper and maybe a few extra rides and peep animations/ride reactions. Cheatcodes were never a planned feature of the Alpha's.
But it seems as though they 'may' include something as cheatcode unlock, wonder if you are right!!??

Last edited:
I am trying to think of what could be a cheat code and I'm stumped. We (sadly) know it's not water, we also know that park management is phase 3, and we are getting rollercoasters so...

My guess is some sort of scenery item/new theme... but I'm probably very wrong..

I am trying to think of what could be a cheat code and I'm stumped. We (sadly) know it's not water, we also know that park management is phase 3, and we are getting rollercoasters so...

My guess is some sort of scenery item/new theme... but I'm probably very wrong..

Then again, there might not be one.

If I was a betting man, I would put all my money on a code for unlocking transport rides with only the Connie Express.

It's not going to be a new item... If there is a cheatcode (which seems to be quite likely but not definite) then it will be a function of the game like the track builder for the Connie Express/Transport rides in general. It will not simply be "enter the code to unlock the half-height brick wall"

I'd be fine with the Connie Express :p, I think the generic Planet Coaster Theme would be great with recoloring also. Either way i'm happy with what they have shown in alpha 2 dev videos.

I'd guess it would be something to do with blueprints as a test for when they are properly introduced in Alpha 3. Maybe the ability to select sections of the park and save as a single building.

My money would be on the Connie Express too...

OR, previously unreleased versions of coasters (that aren't wood as we were told that's not going to happen)..

OR the Magic Kats we saw the other week, maybe the merry-go-round that never surfaced in alpha 1 despite being in the streams.. Or all of the above (there hasn't been a ruling that only 1 cheat code will exist and I'm sure I saw some-where that there could be multiple ones)

And thinking out there completely, an early version of a log flume, but given that would involve water, I'd not bet on it..

A flat ride is either finished and working or not, they would just give it to use. A train is an entire system. Something that could be buggy and have many elements like going across roads. (I really hope). Something they could let us play with while the view potential problems to work out. Just as programed ride elements would be a system.

They are already planning to give us a few new flat rides, so if the Merry-go-round is finished it would just be one of them.

Last edited:
They are implementing an unlock code to use the RCTW Filter... this will render the game in the same crappy visuals, and convert all the characters into 'peeps' so we can see how 'realistic' the game 'should' be!

They are implementing an unlock code to use the RCTW Filter... this will render the game in the same crappy visuals, and convert all the characters into 'peeps' so we can see how 'realistic' the game 'should' be!

Huh... Does that mean that we get "Fluid" water along with that?

Top Bottom