Coaster/Attraction Hype

Hey guys!

Have any of you played Game Dev Tycoon? While making a game, you could advertise and do some interviews, ... about your new game before it'd be published. That creates a hype, and if it was a good game, you'd earn more money.

It's a great idea (imho) to add this to Planet Coaster. While building a ride, or just before opening the ride, you could hype the thing you're building. If you'd open the ride, people would really see it as a new ride, and they could react like "Wow, this is the new ride?! I read about it once in a magazine, let's ride it!" or "Oh hey, there's a new rollercoaster I've read about. Didn't sound that well, let's skip that one."

So the conclusion: 'Peeps' in the park can also prejudge a ride by how old AND new the thing is, and hype the ride.

What do you think?

Sounds like the advertising campaigns you could create in RCT 1/2 (and I assume 3? Didn't play it enough)

I'm sure they'd have something like this in Planet Coaster. I hope.

Sounds like the advertising campaigns you could create in RCT 1/2 (and I assume 3? Didn't play it enough)

I'm sure they'd have something like this in Planet Coaster. I hope.
Yes, but with a little bit more configuration and 'hypes'.

It would be great with some virtual social media system, where guests can earn free tickets, season passes and ride goodies if by doing xyz. In order to get people talking on "GuestBook" you need an event that triggers guests to get on "GuestBook" and interact.

Once you have an established profile, you could share it with real life players, get people voting and interactive on your rides (for fun), but the park guests start getting goodies to use and redeem.

Last edited:
It would be great with some virtual social media system, where guests can earn free tickets, season passes and ride goodies if by doing xyz. In order to get people talking on "GuestBook" you need an event that triggers guests to get on "GuestBook" and interact.

Once you have an established profile, you could share it with real life players, get people voting and interactive on your rides (for fun), but the park guests start getting goodies to use and redeem.
Yes indeed! That'd be a great feature to the game!

If I'm not mistaken, RCT 1, 2 and 3 had these 'magazine ads' ? I believe it was proof of the time back then. Including a virtual social media makes sense, as that's the current situation. :)
It would be cool if you could have a campaign for a coaster, but BEFORE you build it (because you either save up to an existing design, or have a designated area) which will add to some major hype once the coaster finally have been built.

The same way I think it would be fun to have social media campaigns with ticket giveaways, or general marketing hype, season pass etc.

If I'm not mistaken, RCT 1, 2 and 3 had these 'magazine ads' ? I believe it was proof of the time back then. Including a virtual social media makes sense, as that's the current situation. :)
It would be cool if you could have a campaign for a coaster, but BEFORE you build it (because you either save up to an existing design, or have a designated area) which will add to some major hype once the coaster finally have been built.

The same way I think it would be fun to have social media campaigns with ticket giveaways, or general marketing hype, season pass etc.
Yes, ofcourse they will add the magazine ads etc. as in RCT1,2&3. But there was never a chance to advertise as you said before a ride opens, so you create a major hype and fail or succeed afterwards. It will be a challenge and it wil be more fun.

I want to have a lot of more advertising than in RCT3. I want advertising, billboards, ads for rides within the park and outside it, I want to be able to train employees and hire different mangers.

Top Bottom