POV Smooth video render and Lasers

Hey, I was thinking about a feature where You could render smooth 60 fps video at maximum settings and good resolution even if You have a potato computer. Basically You would click a button and it would start rendering it, at the selected settings and resolution. The result would be smoooooth video, that would be great for uploading to Youtube etc. I don't know how the engine handles this kind of stuff, it may be impossible to do, but it would be great!

And also, laser lights! In a way that they would not clip trough stuff, for an example if placed inside a building (rock'n roller coaster) they would not shine trough the walls.

Also my first post here...

For your first request, that kind of this is generally possible, if you accept the fact that the game will be unplayable, and while it will *output* a video at 60 or whatever FPS, you won't be playing it at 60 FPS. Instead of sixty frames per second, you are looking at a situation where a single frame may take several seconds, such that a single second of video might take a few minutes to render. But beware if you have a potato computer, because uncompressed, high framerate, HD video is very, very, very large. Your potato computer might not have enough space for said video.

I know Crysis has a feature like this.

For your first request, that kind of this is generally possible, if you accept the fact that the game will be unplayable, and while it will *output* a video at 60 or whatever FPS, you won't be playing it at 60 FPS. Instead of sixty frames per second, you are looking at a situation where a single frame may take several seconds, such that a single second of video might take a few minutes to render. But beware if you have a potato computer, because uncompressed, high framerate, HD video is very, very, very large. Your potato computer might not have enough space for said video.

I know Crysis has a feature like this.

I don't have a potato computer, I have 4790K and GTX 770, but I know that my parks will not run at 60fps no matter what super computer I have, I will simply have so much detail. If it would take 30 minutes to render the 2 minute coaster that would be completely fine. Also I am aware that the uncompressed files would be multiple gigabytes, once again, that is fine since You would obviously edit them before uploading. This render would only be for making smooth and good looking videos and has nothing to do with gameplay.

This feature existed in RCT3 (though buggy and not easy to use) so the engine has the capability for it. I suppose I'd probably quite like it too.

Top Bottom