What's Your Play Style?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If there is one thing about coaster games they really have many avenues of play. For example many play for the thrill of building and riding a Roller Coaster, managing a Park, creating a theme or designing the perfect Park and so on. My favorite is Theme Park design, so what is your favorite?

I tend to be a sandbox player myself. Love to start with a plain canvas and try to build realistic parks. Theming and scenery play a massive part in my creation process! Rollercoasters always take time with me. Not because i'm bad at them, I just like trying to make it feel like it fits if you know what i'm trying to say!

My style is a mix of creating a theme that's fit with the attractions but also designing the perfect park. I like to create coasters. Roller coasters do not have to be fast and 'scary'. You have a nice coaster if it feels good in your opinion.

In RollerCoaster Tycoon World I made this coaster.

I made this park in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3.

I like a bit of both, playing a scenario and building improving the park to keep the guests happy, but I do like using the sandbox to create my own parks. The park you made in RCT3, PSPfreaky must have took you a while to build, as its almost full to the brim.
I am not a great lover of completely flat parks, I much prefer to landscape my park with hills and sometimes waterfalls and a river or lake. I don't like to overcrowd it with rides, maybe four of five coaster types, with always a wooden coaster (my favourites) and half a dozen thrill rides and some Junior rides.
I do like having a dabble at building wooden coasters of different sizes, adding a bit of landscaping and saving them, so I can use them in some of my parks. There is such a variety of things you can do with RCT3, you can never get bored with it. I just hope Planet Coaster will be the success that RCT3 was and still is, after 10 years. I am not too excited with RCTW though, as it doesn't look any better than RCT3, from what I have seen of it so far.

I usually play in sandbox mode, but I'll play scenario mode if I can't come up with ideas. The great thing about PC is that it checks all of the boxes for a simulation game and a fun/create any thing you want even if its unrealistic type of game. For example, the coaster editor is piece by piece for people who enjoy making quick and not always realistic coasters, but also has a spline option (in dev diary 2) so more realistic coaster creators can also make great coasters. When David Braben said that we were getting the most advanced simulation tools in Planet Coaster, he meant it[yesnod]. Sorry for my long post, I'm just super excited about Planet Coaster!

When David Braben said that we were getting the most advanced simulation tools in Planet Coaster, he meant it[yesnod]. Sorry for my long post, I'm just super excited about Planet Coaster!

I think we are all super excited about Planet Coaster, Lettuce

My favorite thing to do has always been to theme a park, with time-management emphasis. In RCT3 I built 1, 2 and 3 day parks - each with the idea that given the time to walk to each attraction, time to eat and take care of personal business, time to rest and to queue and ride the attractions, it should be able to be accomplished in 14,28 or 42 hour time segments. I would love to see an element of hotel-management incorporated into the parks. All modern parks are now built around this idea.

I definitely enjoy coaster building the most, maybe with park management a close second. I like to have a park with nice theming and landscaping but that tends not to hold my interest for so long, so I prefer the scenarios because some of that work is done for you, or it is at least a good jumping-off point for ideas. I particularly enjoy trying to make coasters fit the landscape, which can be used in lots of different ways depending on if you're building an alpine coaster/rutschbahn, or a flying coaster at the extreme opposite end.

I'm hoping that if planet coaster scenery and landscaping tools are a little easier to use, and might produce more satisfying results, my tendency to just keep building rides until my parks were massively overstuffed might be restrained. As in rct3 I would produce this, or this, or this amusing mess. So maybe a little like you Coasterbuff but less controlled [tongue]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom