Release Date

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I've missed this, do we have a release date or window yet?

Also when does the beta start? (I know you have to pay for the early bird version).

Many thanks.

The release date is set on Q4 2016 but they can change it.
The Early Access date is not announced so far. It will start in March :)

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator

Could do with Doctor Evil adding gravitas to them air quotes. [big grin]

o3xovTL.jpg

Last edited:
Could do with Doctor Evil adding gravitas to them air quotes. [big grin]

http://i.imgur.com/o3xovTL.jpg

Lol. It's true! I've never seen a company so reluctant to actually let people see what they paid for. I can imagine the Atari meetings beforehand... "Ok guys, so we promised beta access and now we have to do it, even though, we really don't want too. What's the shortest possible time you think we can get away with?? And can we do it over Halloween so we can ghost out the peeps"?

And...

"Also we should limit it to just coasters. Everything else is too crap to show. We still have the small bug that makes coasters fall through the tracks and crash the game, but we can probably get away with that one"...

Lol. It's true! I've never seen a company so reluctant to actually let people see what they paid for. I can imagine the Atari meetings beforehand... "Ok guys, so we promised beta access and now we have to do it, even though, we really don't want too. What's the shortest possible time you think we can get away with?? And can we do it over Halloween so we can ghost out the peeps"?

And...

"Also we should limit it to just coasters. Everything else is too crap to show. We still have the small bug that makes coasters fall through the tracks and crash the game, but we can probably get away with that one"...

It should have never have happened. It was more like an Alpha than a Beta, from what I saw of it on the videos. And what's happened to their 2nd Beta? It looks like they have cancelled it because it is due for release in March. I wouldn't be surprised if that's been cancelled too. They just don't inform anyone of what is going on, which is no way to treat customers who have pre-ordered.
At least we know that Frontier will deliver what they have promised and for those newcomers to the forums who keep thinking the Early Release is a Beta, it's not. It is Early Release of the game so far, which can be played right up until final release, and will be updated periodically as it is ongoing.

The release date is set on Q4 2016 but they can change it.
The Early Access date is not announced so far. It will start in March :)

Early Access is rumored to release on March 14th. Because in the following picture from a Dev Diary (I think) the date shown is March 14th, 2016.

rT5IHtm.png

Early Access is rumored to release on March 14th. Because in the following picture from a Dev Diary (I think) the date shown is March 14th, 2016.

http://i.imgur.com/rT5IHtm.png

Ahh but I think this was the date the computer they were using was set too when they started the demo park...

But why go to the bother of setting a future date? Perhaps just to avoid conclusions being drawn about how long they had been working on the demo park? Although I may just be desperate to find a more boring explanation for this 'clue'. In truth, I can't bare the idea of believing it will be 3rd March, and then... It not being.

I don't care if its 31st March, because I know that it will definitely be in March. A few weeks extra isn't too hard to wait, after all the time we have been waiting so far. I am just glad that we are getting a Early Access to the game, long before it is due for final release. And with all the exciting things that Sam has mentioned in his Q&A we are in for really nice features, even if we don't get them straight away, we will have lots to look forward to. Who knows what we might end up with before the final release, as there is still 9 more months of development to come yet.

I don't care if its 31st March, because I know that it will definitely be in March. A few weeks extra isn't too hard to wait, after all the time we have been waiting so far. I am just glad that we are getting a Early Access to the game, long before it is due for final release. And with all the exciting things that Sam has mentioned in his Q&A we are in for really nice features, even if we don't get them straight away, we will have lots to look forward to. Who knows what we might end up with before the final release, as there is still 9 more months of development to come yet.

speak for yourself! I'm only a 30 min drive from Frontier. If they make it be the last possible day in March I'm going to drive down early and sit in their offices and play it :)

They can try and move me on, but I'll be wearing an RCTW T-shirt so they won't be able to touch me.

speak for yourself! I'm only a 30 min drive from Frontier. If they make it be the last possible day in March I'm going to drive down early and sit in their offices and play it :)

They can try and move me on, but I'll be wearing an RCTW T-shirt so they won't be able to touch me.

LOL! [haha][haha][haha]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom