Frontier Unlocked #1 | Wednesday 31 January 2024

This reminds me of the video for Disney Infinity when they discussed about the upcoming Marvel Battlegrounds playset, Zootopia figures and Baloo. They even teased about Alice Through the Looking Glass and Finding Dory before it was canceled.

Well at least we shall get news when and if there is any and less "filler" and when there is no news there will be the "other" games

I have waited years for Frontier to do something like this and I am 100% here for it 👏 This is such a refresh and could be a whole new era for Frontier 🥲

Paul_Crowther

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Honestly, the live streaming format does a very poor job of communicating Frontier news for me and this change won't help. I live in a time zone where the Twitch stream occurs during work hours so I usually miss the streams. When I am able to jump in, it is with the phone on mute and just playing in the background for Twitch drops as I work. I have no idea what's being discussed and am not able to participate in any meaning way.

I'd rather have a series of short videos that I can watch on demand and I'd rather be rewarded for watching those videos with time-limited promo codes that I can use to unlock the same rewards that are currently only available from the live streams.

Last edited:
If we get meaningful news then I think this is a sensible move, with each game having a brisk 20 minutes or so and minimal waffle. I would genuinely be interested in seeing news for other games too- its always great to see how other games work / are updated.

However- meaningful means just that- I want something of value to watch- dev interviews, concept art etc and genuine updates on the future. I get plans change, but at the same time making everything super secret and then going cold just does my head in. Also don't add filler- if I have to look at yet more balls in space, Thargoids At Angles or other I'm going to watch something else.

If we get meaningful news then I think this is a sensible move, with each game having a brisk 20 minutes or so and minimal waffle. I would genuinely be interested in seeing news for other games too- its always great to see how other games work / are updated.

However- meaningful means just that- I want something of value to watch- dev interviews, concept art etc and genuine updates on the future. I get plans change, but at the same time making everything super secret and then going cold just does my head in. Also don't add filler- if I have to look at yet more balls in space, Thargoids At Angles or other I'm going to watch something else.
20 mins ?? That's a lot to ask for unless of course it's PP .
I see the game news will be related to if there is any ? This would be good for the viewing numbers as these would double or triple ( not sure of what other frontier games are added ) or even quadruple rather than one game ?

20 mins ?? That's a lot to ask for unless of course it's PP .
I see the game news will be related to if there is any ? This would be good for the viewing numbers as these would double or triple ( not sure of what other frontier games are added ) or even quadruple rather than one game ?
But its still dependent on actual news for the games- because in essence its advertising the future. Having waffle in any of them is bad.

And 20 minutes is not huge- you can have a plethora of interesting content that can be done ahead of time- concept art dumps, behind the scenes interviews, whats coming etc. A ten minute interview, an overview of the upcoming month and a screenshot of the week will more than fill that up.

But its still dependent on actual news for the games- because in essence its advertising the future. Having waffle in any of them is bad.

And 20 minutes is not huge- you can have a plethora of interesting content that can be done ahead of time- concept art dumps, behind the scenes interviews, whats coming etc. A ten minute interview, an overview of the upcoming month and a screenshot of the week will more than fill that up.
The problem is if it continues to be updates wrapped in a narrative, which going on Galnet doesn’t look too unlikely.

The problem is if it continues to be updates wrapped in a narrative, which going on Galnet doesn’t look too unlikely.
True- but you can still have most of it. Having a scaled back Discovery Scanner like segment which has broad topics is still better than SRV Wheelie of the Week™ or Exterminatus Tuesday.

I don't think I managed 20 mins on the live streams to be honest . I would watch til the news and then switch off which was normally 5-10 mins max. I would prefer quick news and no filler

Top Bottom