Spring 2024 Cenozoic Pack

I'm convinced that the next species pack is a Cenozoic species pack. The last 3 packs in a row have all added missing Camp Cretaceous species: the Cretaceous Predators pack added Tarbosaurus, the Marine Species pack added Nothosaurus, and the Hybrid pack added Spinoceratops. So it's very likely that Smilodon is next. Given the tease already shown of what appears to be Megalodon, this next pack must be a Cenozoic species pack. So what other creatures will be in it?

The most obvious choice is the Woolly Mammoth. It's safe to say that, if this is a Cenozoic pack, there's almost a 100% chance the woolly mammoth will be in it. It's the iconic ice age creature, and probably the most famous extinct Cenozoic herbivore.

The fourth species is a lot harder to guess. A lot of people have been speculating that it would be Argentavis, because this would fit the pattern of 1 marine species, 1 land carnivore, 1 land herbivore, 1 aviary creature that we've seen in other packs. Other people have speculated that it would be a species of phorusrhacid. These are certainly possible. But I think it will probably be another mammal, and not a bird. Here's why:

If this pack includes Smilodon and mammoths, both of which appear very likely, then they will need a new way to be introduced into the park other than through a hatchery. Perhaps the free update will include a nursery for these mammals? If the game is going to introduce a new building, it seems unlikely they'd have it for just 2 animals. So I think the 4th species will also be a mammal.

Some people are speculating that you can see ice around the image of the Megalodon teaser. If this is an Ice Age pack, I think the 4th animal will probably be a woolly rhinoceros or a glyptodont, or perhaps Megaloceros. If it isn't specifically an Ice Age pack, but is just a Cenozoic pack, it could include an indricothere like Paraceratherium.

If this is a pack of Cenozoic animals, which seems very likely at this point, what do you think the 4th animal will be?

Yeah, it's pretty safe to say that Smilodon, Megalodon, and Wooly Mammoth are on the way.
I hope the last species of the pack is Woolly Rhinoceros. Taking into account that what you said about hatcheries makes sense and also, it would have some amazing kill animations.

Yeah, it's pretty safe to say that Smilodon, Megalodon, and Wooly Mammoth are on the way.
I hope the last species of the pack is Woolly Rhinoceros. Taking into account that what you said about hatcheries makes sense and also, it would have some amazing kill animations.
Agreed about Woolly Rhino... or anything that would coexist with the Mammoth really... half the fun of herbivores is putting them together in scientifically accurate mixed exhibits.

Last edited:
Agreed about Woolly Rhino... or anything that would coexist with the Mammoth really... half the fun of herbivores is putting them together in scientifically accurate mixed exhibits.
Yeah the woolly rhino or the Irish elk would at least enable the woolly mammoth to have a friend. And I use "friend" loosely... rhinos don't really get along with anything. Plus, it would be sweet to see a woolly rhino tossing around some Velociraptors.

Some people are speculating that you can see ice around the image of the Megalodon teaser. If this is an Ice Age pack, I think the 4th animal will probably be a woolly rhinoceros or a glyptodont, or perhaps Megaloceros. If it isn't specifically an Ice Age pack, but is just a Cenozoic pack, it could include an indricothere like Paraceratherium.
Even if this upcoming 4+ species pack is Cenozoic themed and in name, I doubt it would be specifically “Ice Age” in theme and name. Because Megalodon is thought to have gone extinct roughly 2.5 milion years ago, long before the “last ice age” which began about or over 100 thousand years ago, which is what the term “Ice Age” is commonly used to refer to in popular culture.

I'm thinking these are three species that if it is a Cenozoic pack, we will get for sure;

Megalodon

Smilodon C.C.

Siberian Mammoth Was mentioned and the remains shown in C.C.

As for the fourth, it could be anything.

I'm thinking these are three species that if it is a Cenozoic pack, we will get for sure;

Megalodon

Smilodon C.C.

Siberian Mammoth Was mentioned and the remains shown in C.C.

As for the fourth, it could be anything.

From Frontier's teaser and the YouTube speculation videos, Megalodon is close to being confirmed.

The sabre-toothed tiger will not be missed due to its debut in Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous.

It is hard to say what the next two will be.

If we do get Smilodon, I wonder what the skins will look like? We would definitely get a C.C. inspired skin, but I wonder if Frontier would make other variations.

1714103967038.png

Even if this upcoming 4+ species pack is Cenozoic themed and in name, I doubt it would be specifically “Ice Age” in theme and name. Because Megalodon is thought to have gone extinct roughly 2.5 milion years ago, long before the “last ice age” which began about or over 100 thousand years ago, which is what the term “Ice Age” is commonly used to refer to in popular culture.
You're right. It's true that Megalodon went extinct before the Pleistocene, but if Frontier wants to name the pack the "Ice Age Pack" I don't think that fact alone will stop them.

If we do get Smilodon, I wonder what the skins will look like? We would definitely get a C.C. inspired skin, but I wonder if Frontier would make other variations.
Oh that's a really good point! I had been thinking about the skins that Smilodon would have and I was just envisioning different colors of the Camp Cretaceous skin, but I bet you're right. I bet they'll have a Frontier skin with 12 colors and then the CC skin will be separate. I'm looking forward to that! The Frontier skins are always way better than the CC ones.

You're right. It's true that Megalodon went extinct before the Pleistocene, but if Frontier wants to name the pack the "Ice Age Pack" I don't think that fact alone will stop them.
Well, I know Frontier. Their content theme style across all their games is more “sticking to” than you think, in the right sense.

Hoping they use the Steppe mammoth, since it's the largest species of elephant-related creature discovered (though I wouldn't mind the default Woolly mammoth being upscaled). And that the Smilodon is bulked up a bit, the CC one looked pretty emaciated, they were very bear-like in bulk. As for the fourth species, that one is the question. Phorusrachus and Argentavis would be excellent choices for birds to go with the mammals and shark.

Wonder how Smilodon will eat normally. Sabretooths evolved to tackle big beefy prey, they'd struggle to kill something as small as a goat.

Hoping they use the Steppe mammoth, since it's the largest species of elephant-related creature discovered (though I wouldn't mind the default Woolly mammoth being upscaled). And that the Smilodon is bulked up a bit, the CC one looked pretty emaciated, they were very bear-like in bulk. As for the fourth species, that one is the question. Phorusrachus and Argentavis would be excellent choices for birds to go with the mammals and shark.

Wonder how Smilodon will eat normally. Sabretooths evolved to tackle big beefy prey, they'd struggle to kill something as small as a goat.
Woolly mammoths are the definitive ice age creature and one of the most famous Cenozoic herbivores, so there's almost no chance of any other mammoth appearing other than the woolly mammoth. That being said, woolly mammoths weren't actually that big, comparable in size to Asian elephants, and most of the species in JWE 2 are upscaled, so the woolly mammoth would be as well.

I'm sure the Smilodon will be modeled after the Camp Cretaceous model. Hopefully it will have Frontier skins though. I'm also certain it will be able to kill goats. The Tyrannosaurs can even chase down and hunt a goat, so it wouldn't make sense for a Smilodon not to be able to. I also hope that Smilodon can pack hunt so a group of them can hunt woolly mammoths and some of the larger dinosaurs. There's pretty solid evidence that Smilodon were social cats like lions.

i am 100% sure megalodon is in this dlc and 99% sure about smilodon and wooly mamoth and i dont know about the last one maybe a terror bird of some sort or argentavis or wooly rhino or even titanoboa

because they're huge canines where delacate maybe in the free update cow feeder

That'll probably look pretty cool. Some of the reptiles also have some very light skins. It'll be harder to make a good number of interesting skins that still look good on mammals.
Yeah it will be very interesting to see how they do with the mammoth. For dinosaurs, you’ve usually got some combination of grey skins, brown skins, and green skins, and then maybe some colorful jungle ones. Can’t do green for mammals and can’t do blue or pink or anything too colorful. Not sure how many different shades of brown you can do for a mammoth. It’ll be interesting.

I hope they'll get some nice pack hunting animations. Can't wait to see pack of smilodons attacking Parasaurolophus.

I already mentioned it on reddit, but given the presence of PZ orangutan fur on JWE2 files, and the fact Kong is on the spotlight thanks to GXK, gigantopithecus sounds extremelly likelly for the next dlc.

Top Bottom