Patch Notes Update Server Update - 11.06.2015

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, bu I haven't been able to play for more than three minutes tonight due to server issues. The support portal says that servers are OK, but also that server issues are known about and being worked on. So which is it? My experience tonight says that the servers are not O.K. I ran a netalyzer which didn't throw up anything that I wouldn't expect from my ISP ;)

UPDATE:

Double checking the distance we found that as mentioned Grovichun had been wrongly excluded at 15.3 ly
So we have put that system in to expansion for Aisling Duval.

Thanks to feed back it was noticed that a few existing expansions were aligned to the wrong power this affected the following systems:

Vaka moves from Denton Patreus to A Lavigny-Duval
Kappa Fornacis moves from Zachary Hudson to Zemina Torval

Michael

Well...seems like its totally derped now^^
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=155916&p=2383985#post2383985

Yeah, things are definitely still . According to the latest expansion stats for Zemina Torval for Kappa Fornacis our faction needs 2180977370 merits/deeds/vouchers/whatever to reach the trigger while the opposition needs less than 1,500. Amusingly enough, the system is listed as "Under Threat". Gee, you think... Umm, how exactly are we supposed to get 2.1 Billion in a week??? The math in this game was weird before PowerPlay but is now totally incomprehensible.

Can we keep the new ships and just ditch the rest of PowerPlay? Game was MUCH more stable and slightly more understandable and fun prior to the update.

Yup. I took 20 Aid packages to Zeta Triangulis A, received my merits, and only 10 shown against the system. Something wrong methinks. Not sure where to report this tho'

How about you put the updates to PP on the backburner and fix the bugs 1.3 created in the rest of the game first so that those of us who are not ready for Power Grind can get back to what we were doing.

How about you put the updates to PP on the backburner and fix the bugs 1.3 created in the rest of the game first so that those of us who are not ready for Power Grind can get back to what we were doing.

actualy they need to fix the bgs so pp can work. tho i do agree with you pp needs to go backburner till the bgs is fixed.

Not sure if anyone said something, tldr the whole thread, but Grovichun for Aisling Duval won't add expansion progress, it's stuck at 10.

Can we get an official response from the devs about all the crap that went down in Archon Delaine's territory? Specifically, what are the devs doing if anything to combat players joining a faction en masse in the 11th hour to prepare worthless systems as a way to sabotage that power?

Yeah, things are definitely still . According to the latest expansion stats for Zemina Torval for Kappa Fornacis our faction needs 2180977370 merits/deeds/vouchers/whatever to reach the trigger while the opposition needs less than 1,500. Amusingly enough, the system is listed as "Under Threat". Gee, you think... Umm, how exactly are we supposed to get 2.1 Billion in a week??? The math in this game was weird before PowerPlay but is now totally incomprehensible.

Can we keep the new ships and just ditch the rest of PowerPlay? Game was MUCH more stable and slightly more understandable and fun prior to the update.

For me it says we need 1279 to trigger Kappa Fornacis.It was like that after they hotfixed it.

Last edited:
Crosspost from bug report forums:

LFT 37 Blocking Kappa Phoenicis Preparation is Erroneous

While most of the issues occurring with the end of the first Powerplay cycle have now been fixed, with dev posts made confirming this, this issue remains.

Rationale given for prepared systems blocking each other is that a control system cannot be contested. LFT 37 and Kappa Phoenicis are both prepped for Torval, thus they cannot contest each other. Sounds like someone manually went in and blocked preparation of any system with a more prepared system within 15LY, and didn't think to check whether they would actually contest each other or not.

Please add Kappa Phoenicis to Torval's expansion tab asap, so that there is enough time during the week to push the expansion to its trigger (or to have opposition push to reach theirs).

Caverda, Lakluita, and Lutni expansions for ADL seem all seem stuck on 0 points.

Vaka appears to be working fine.

Not participated in PowerPlay yet and intend to at some point as looks like an interesting addition to the game. Are there plans to have some kind of timer or clear indication in the Galnet etc on when the cycle ends, thus ensuring time well spent is not lost!

Are systems being shifted around manually every cycle? I really hope there's a robust automatic system in place too. If considerable dev input is needed every cycle, then I seriously worry for the long-term health of this game. Many years from now, let's say there are only a few thousand players left. If they can just run from a cheap server in FD's basement, that's probably fine. But if dev mediation is still needed on a regular basis, then that power cable will be yanked out sooner rather than later.

After a few hours of exploring, I haven't encountered any double scans or server errors during hyperjumps. And the game runs a bit smoother. Great work!

Are systems being shifted around manually every cycle? I really hope there's a robust automatic system in place too. If considerable dev input is needed every cycle, then I seriously worry for the long-term health of this game. Many years from now, let's say there are only a few thousand players left. If they can just run from a cheap server in FD's basement, that's probably fine. But if dev mediation is still needed on a regular basis, then that power cable will be yanked out sooner rather than later.

It's automatic already...they only had to fix some of the systems manually this time since the automatic mechanic had "messed up" due to being new and needs a nudge in the right direction. A couple of cycles on the live servers is probably needed before FD have sorted out all of the cinks in the system...

Will we see another server update today to correct the wrong CC values on most powers overview screen? Were told yesterday we would.
Aisling still showing that she only has 500CC to spend when it should be showing 900-1100 with most/all of her prep systems showing white (currently only 500CC worth of prep systems are white).
We were also told that this was just a visual problem and that the underlying values on the server were correct, how can that be the case when Aisling is still in 7th place and her preparation screen is using that 500CC value to determine how many systems she can prep? We have seen other powers move up and down the leaderboard so if it was actually using the correct values on the server shouldn't Aisling et al have moved too even though their overview screens are just showing an incorrect value?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom