UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Commanders
I have twice gone to pick up fresh ua's, listened to them, then take them to merope and listen, and there seems to be a new sound in merope. A sort of grinding slow pulsation like a wave. I would like it if some hardcore UA fanboys could help confirm this. I understand it "chitters" the morse, and has a high pitch that increases with UA damage. Is this correct? Trying to confirm this is a new sound but I still need to do a lot more recording and studying.
Here is a link to the audacity files of outside merope and in system http://tinypic.com/r/azgoo/9

Please have a look and let me know how bad my space madness is.

It's not a new sound. It's older than the morse in fact.
It's the Background noise the UA emits after being deployed, making the morse much more difficult to decode.

Holy crap just came across a golliath guarding i dont know what on B1BA had to run 1 km to recall ship so rough coords are 53.2292 and -124.6708

I hope they are not guarded, my ship is unarmed.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Does anyone here know of an orbit simulator?
Where I could put in the data of Merope's planets/moons and see the orbits at a faster pace?

This should really be a feature of the game, an orbital view of the system that lets you forward / back time.

Whatever the case, Pavlou Keep is pretty well defended; a couple of missile-firing guardians and several sentries with better than usual hull strength. Took out my SRV pretty fast, despite pimped up hull & ammo (but I'm not a very good shot). But from 300m distance, it looks an unusual installation. Anyone got inside it to have a search for clues?

Looted it twice so far (scanned the data point); I have seen no unusual signs, things or anything. Will try again later today, and see around again.

so the golliath was protecting a crashed ship maybe old t7 not sure going in to look. coords 53.3549 and -124.6011 maia B1BA
not sure now what ship its in several big pieces anyone in the area ?
damn just checked and not a posistant site sorry guys

Last edited:
doesnt the morse occur after the whaling sound? My files are short, I need to record more tonight but from a cursory evaluation it seems the "new sound" occurs before the whaling, and then morse.

I still think that the UAs are saying...

LOOK THIS IS A BAD PLACE STAY AWAY! (if they point toward it)

or GET OUT OF THE WAY THIS PLACE IS BAD! (if they point away from it)

Both are not good.....supernova goes pop?

That still leaves the question open of why they scan the systems/ships they meet. But if they're probes, why do they stop at the "shell radius" rather than continuing onwards until the bubble and beyond - did they find something interesting at that radius or is it just a safe distance to stop? And why do they transmit the scan data in one of *our* languages. Are they talking to us - "We see You, You are not supposed to be here!". But then why did they say this data is being transmitted across "vast distances"?

Is the reason the UAs align with Merope because the "head" is a transmitter and they're sending the scan data to Merope? (Is Merope far enough away to be considered a vast distance?).

Why do they want to know what ships are inside the shell? Is this a very elaborate trap that we've fallen into hook, line and sinker?

The more I know, the less I understand.

Sorry for asking, is it possible to turn 'off' the screens inside the ship and in the SRV? If you want to look around to spot something, they always plopping off.....

IMO, the quests start after Palin opened the new outpost. I guess, the barnacles are hiding for the moment, they don't want to be found by now.

Fact #1 : Many thing's you find in Elite is inspired from real folklore and literature. Meta (Meta-Alloys) for example translate to "beyond" in greek. MB's told us we had to start going beyond and explore in the nebulas to find meta/barnacles and that the seven sisters are a good place to start. Those alloys/barnacles spawn in POI's that was confirmed so let's stop speculating for the next 2 months as to where we can find them and stop assuming they look like crabs.

Fact #2 : We know the seven sisters are related to the Pleiades who were born on Mount Kyllini wich is a very high rocky barren looking mountain 2000 m (6500 ft). Mount Kyllini coordinates are : 37°56′23″N 22°23′49″E if you apply those numbers to each one of the planets listed below who knows what we could find.

Fact #3 : The Pleiades in greek mythology are : Maia - Electra - Taygete - Alcyone - Celaeno - Sterope - Merope (Alcyone & Electra being far away systems)

Every one of those system can be found in-game with the exception of Taygete. I would focus searching on those systems from a logical standpoint, avoid large areas of nothing but focus on mountains and rock formations. It's far more efficient and time/cost effective to focus our manpower on specific terrain areas rather than just hoping to run into something by scouting large empty fields.

Anything you see in the trailer is too subjective to make wild assumptions and go on a goose chase for all we know it could have been anywhere or done for testing purpose while making the trailer.

Exist as Taygeta

Fact #1 : Many thing's you find in Elite is inspired from real folklore and literature. Meta (Meta-Alloys) for example translate to "beyond" in greek. MB's told us we had to start going beyond and explore in the nebulas to find meta/barnacles and that the seven sisters are a good place to start. Those alloys/barnacles spawn in POI's that was confirmed so let's stop speculating for the next 2 months as to where we can find them and stop assuming they look like crabs.

Fact #2 : We know the seven sisters are related to the Pleiades who were born on Mount Kyllini wich is a very high rocky barren looking mountain 2000 m (6500 ft). Mount Kyllini coordinates are : 37°56′23″N 22°23′49″E if you apply those numbers to each one of the planets listed below who knows what we could find.

Fact #3 : The Pleiades in greek mythology are : Maia - Electra - Taygete - Alcyone - Celaeno - Sterope - Merope (Alcyone & Electra being far away systems)

Every one of those system can be found in-game with the exception of Taygete. I would focus searching on those systems from a logical standpoint, avoid large areas of nothing but focus on mountains and rock formations. It's far more efficient and time/cost effective to focus our manpower on specific terrain areas rather than just hoping to run into something by scouting large empty fields.

Anything you see in the trailer is too subjective to make wild assumptions and go on a goose chase for all we know it could have been anywhere or done for testing purpose while making the trailer.

That's it! Egypt mythology! You are right!

That still leaves the question open of why they scan the systems/ships they meet. But if they're probes, why do they stop at the "shell radius" rather than continuing onwards until the bubble and beyond - did they find something interesting at that radius or is it just a safe distance to stop? And why do they transmit the scan data in one of *our* languages. Are they talking to us - "We see You, You are not supposed to be here!". But then why did they say this data is being transmitted across "vast distances"?

Is the reason the UAs align with Merope because the "head" is a transmitter and they're sending the scan data to Merope? (Is Merope far enough away to be considered a vast distance?).

Why do they want to know what ships are inside the shell? Is this a very elaborate trap that we've fallen into hook, line and sinker?

The more I know, the less I understand.

The answer is simple.. they (whoever they are) are looking for the guy who owes them money. So they scan until they find the right ship. It's always that.

I asked if anybody wanted to wing up and got rejected. but I'm still up for it if anybody else is. PM me if interested. gets kinda lonely in space lol

Find me in game.. I'm flying in and around Maia and Merope, searching every planet.

Cmdr Kneejo

I feel like we have to be missing something... Either that or it's just really random luck.

Have any morse gatherers listened to the code when close to each of our target rocks? I feel like the UAs were a bit of a dead-end apart from pointing us to the pleiades. They pretty much only communicate with the morse, so maybe we are still supposed to be investigating that more.

Sure there's no Taygeta? I'm not there to check but see if you spelled it right first (a on end not e) and failing that search for HIP 17531 and see what pops up.

Wait... pull out of SC and mass locked at 22km ..... investigating..

EDIT : Guys I don't want to look like a noob but is it normal to be mass locked at 20+ km ?

If I go down, I lose the mass lock so it's weird..

Last edited:

I'll join you in an hour. As it should be fixed poi how about we keep each-other updated...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom