Distant Worlds - Fleet Flagship

Can a laden T9 make the jumps to Beagle Point, even with J3? I remember my T9 only has teen digits jump range.

[Edit] Just read the Coriolis link. You can't have more than around 120t cargo for the J3 jump for BP.

Last edited:
Half-laden with J3 should be just over 34Ly, I think? Is that enough to get there (I did see that 34 was the recommended jump distance)?

If it isn't, then I'd be more than happy to donate my empty 8t cargo rack as part of a joint effort to get the T9 there. We probably have enough Asp's with a small amount of space such the we could help out if need be.

Last edited:
Hi Cmdr`s, I`ve been lucky enough to meet Cmdr Vespera and his impressive T9, spent a fair bit of time together at Laika`s, this pic was taken 16/01/3302 on an excursion to a system around 80ly from WP1, and shows, Cmdr Vespera in the Wasp, myself, and Cmdr Whoeva in the other Conda

Edit,,,,, It was taken against the Orange giant in system Fine Ring Sector EL-Y D47, from where we went to the 6a Rocky, prospected a few mats, then flew to the top of the 10km mountain, landed on the top, then Cmdr Whoeva, and then myself drove our buggy's down to the base,,,,,me finding 3 Yttrium on the way down, great trip, great company, great day

~

Attachments

• Wasp.jpg
    Wasp.jpg
    634.2 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Ok its official - enter the Spot the Wasp competition - an ongoing event all the way to Beagle Point! - details in the OP ;)
Do you need me to provide details on where I am currently? How specific?
I'm heading to WP 1.1, I'm 32 jumps out. Should I say exactly where i am? :p

Half-laden with J3 should be just over 34Ly, I think? Is that enough to get there (I did see that 34 was the recommended jump distance)?

If it isn't, then I'd be more than happy to donate my empty 8t cargo rack as part of a joint effort to get the T9 there. We probably have enough Asp's with a small amount of space such the we could help out if need be.
If you can reach 34 LYs with J3, you can reach Beagle Point.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Do you need me to provide details on where I am currently? How specific?
I'm heading to WP 1.1, I'm 32 jumps out. Should I say exactly where i am? :p

Nope, just do your own thing at your own pace - its up to individuals to spot you during random encounters ;)

Last edited:
I thought I had it bad with my 22.8ly. I've worked out I'll need most of my 300 mats to get to BP and back. You will need to find some additional mats around BP to make it back. o7

Edit: I've since realised what I said is not correct. With 22 ly you only need 148 mats to get to BP and back so you should be able to do it with 300, I would have thought.

Last edited:
I've been to Sgr A* with a dropship before: that had a range of 18.12LY fully fuelled. It took me about 1650 jumps. I've heard of people getting that far with less range and the fuel tank on the T9 is huge, so you'll be fine for most of the way - it's crossing the Abyss and reaching Beagle Point (and getting back!) that will drain your reserves of jumponium. It will be important for a lot of the fleet to restock near Beagle Point, I suspect.
As for sanity: has anyone found a use for it yet? ;)
Fly safe!

Hi Cmdr`s, I`ve been lucky enough to meet Cmdr Vespera and his impressive T9, spent a fair bit of time together at Laika`s, this pic was taken on an excursion to a system around 80ly from WP1, and shows, Cmdr Vespera in the Wasp, myself, and Cmdr Whoeva in the other Conda

Edit,,,,, It was taken against the Orange giant in system Fine Ring Sector EL-Y D47, from where we went to the 6a Rocky, prospected a few mats, then flew to the top of the 10km mountain, landed on the top, then Cmdr Whoeva, and then myself drove our buggy's down to the base,,,,,me finding 3 Yttrium on the way down, great trip, great company, great day

~

Great post, thanks.

I'm also happy to donate some cargo space for the final leg. I can probably do something like 16T.

Good luck CMDR Vespera, I plan to get a selfie with that ship on BP!

how many 34 LY jumps will we need?

Pretty sure it's just one.

Z...

Last edited:
There's a Route to Beagle Point posted at the bottom of post #2 of this thread, should have the details there. :)
Edit:
Sorry - bottom of post #2 on the main DW thread.

Brilliant!!! Thank you Erimus! Your reputation is well deserved. :)

Top Bottom