The Buckyball Racing Club presents: Spring Break! (March 18th through 26th)

Just so you know, my tours will be starting in earnest on Monday. In the meantime I've been doing some research on the best places to take these kids. I must say, all these so-called "Tourism" systems that don't have a gift-shop you can actually land at really tick me off.

P.S. I suspect it's unlikely such a thing exists but would a planetary base with landing pads whose economy was listed as "Tourism" be applicable for my tour?
I had originally planned on there being two divisions for certification, to distinguish between space and planetary tourism, but I've searched and found no such fantastical beasts. On the off chance that you do happen to find one, I'm going to say "Yes it's valid," but I can't imagine that a planetary landing is going to be very fast.

Hi Seneh!!
I'll look for Rideshare certification.
(No injection, with shields)

Results sent via PM!!
Regards!
Received! I'll verify and calculate an official score, then list your details in the results board.

so after scaring the willys out of the students we managed a run where I hope we got around relatively safely with only a few sprains and bumps.
I felt they needed to know what it was like to speed through the toast rack at 300+ sheildless.. I mean ...who buckyballs with shields.. don't want to give them the wrong idea about us. ;) to be scared of death is to be scared of life... though that could be the drink talking. PM sent , good luck to all. thanks for hosting Seneh. I enjoyed the race and trying to get a good run in. I only hope I have. other wise ill be back. ;)

Bickle's Tours would just like to declare that their first certification safety rating application has now been submitted. Alas on a practice run we had a slight altercation with another ship resulting in the total loss of taxi and all its students but since it was a volunteer group from the Exigus School of Advertising I'm not too bothered.

I think the route needs a bit more fine tuning, especially in light of the secondary station bonus (was that new, I don't remember seeing it when I read the rules the first time), but aside from some complaints about it being "a bit hot back here" I'm reasonably happy with my first outing.

• count the number of tourism stations visited;
    • in any system where you visited more than 1 station add +1 per station beyond the first (e.g., if you visit 2 stations in a single system, you get a +1 bonus; visiting 4 stations in a single systems grants a +3 bonus);

Actually the more I think about this the more I wonder if I've misunderstood. Are you saying that if I visit 3 tourism stations in the same system then, as well as the 3 points for the number of stations visited, I also get 2 bonus points? (in other words that every Tourisim station in a system aside from the first one counts as two?).

Last edited:
Bickle's Tours would just like to declare that their first certification safety rating application has now been submitted. Alas on a practice run we had a slight altercation with another ship resulting in the total loss of taxi and all its students but since it was a volunteer group from the Exigus School of Advertising I'm not too bothered.

I think the route needs a bit more fine tuning, especially in light of the secondary station bonus (was that new, I don't remember seeing it when I read the rules the first time), but aside from some complaints about it being "a bit hot back here" I'm reasonably happy with my first outing.
With Alec's Taxi Driver submission, we now have certifications registered in 3 of the 6 available classes! [praise]

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Actually the more I think about this the more I wonder if I've misunderstood. Are you saying that if I visit 3 tourism stations in the same system then, as well as the 3 points for the number of stations visited, I also get 2 bonus points? (in other words that every Tourisim station in a system aside from the first one counts as two?).
That is correct.

It's my sad duty to report the loss of 3 students ...

[video=youtube_share;3U8JvfrCxi8]https://youtu.be/3U8JvfrCxi8[/video]

Actually, make that 6, it just happened again.

Why these damn kids can't just hang on a bit tighter when the cargo hatch blows out is beyond me.
It's all the junk food they eat.
I'm pretty sure their atrocious taste in music and lack of appreciation for "the album" as a concept is to blame as well.

Last edited:
It's my sad duty to report the loss of 3 students ...

https://youtu.be/3U8JvfrCxi8

Actually, make that 6, it just happened again.

Why these damn kids can't just hang on a bit tighter when the cargo hatch blows out is beyond me.
It's all the junk food they eat.
I'm pretty sure their atrocious taste in music and lack of appreciation for "the album" as a concept is to blame as well.
Rescue teams dispatched. I will update the reports when I'm able; some family concerns, including my birthday, will be making today's responses slow. So please take care with the guests aboard your ship!

Last edited:
New score posted. Rules for returning early have been modified to be less harsh.

Hi Seneh!!
Just to be sure I understood the change... we still must visit one station after the tour time expired... and then to Exigus...
I'm planning a second run with new destinations...
Regards
Onane

PD: Happy Birthday

Last edited:
Hi Seneh!!
Just to be sure I understood the change... we still must visit one station after the tour time expired... and then to Exigus...
I'm planning a second run with new destinations...
Regards
Onane

PD: Happy Birthday
The change makes it less likely for certification applicants to have their attempts disqualified.

It used to be that you must continue to another tour destination while there is still time available, but now you can return to Exigus so long as you do not arrive there while time is available. But that's always going to result in a reduced rating, so I don't recommend it. :)

edit: And thank you!

Last edited:
Congratulations to CMDR Aitken for being our first multi-class certification awardee!

I have also compiled a list of the tourism hotspots that people have been visiting.

I'm happy to report that, in this mornings run, no students were sucked into the cold vacuum of space. Hell, some of 'em even learned a thing or two. Certifcation application duly submitted.

Prepped and ready for some safe flying.
scoolbus.png

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
That looks smooth Furrycat :) Happy belated Birthday to our esteemed race organiser, only a couple of days after mine which has been the main thing keeping me off the track so far (well that and Twilight Princess HD)

I shall enter in the Cobra in this one I reckon.

Cmdr: Ozric
Ship: Cobra Mk III
Ship Name: Slippery When Wet
Game Mode: If I'm not taking pretty pictures, it's always Open :)

I wasn't entirely sure how to approach this race, but I have decided to overhaul the "passenger suites" and cover them in vinyl, should hopefully make the cleaning a little bit easier...

*News Update* I regret to announce that at 11:18 Galactic Time the rescue crews had to be called out following an "incident" between a Cobra and a Type-9. We'll keep you updated.

Last edited:
I'm happy to report that, in this mornings run, no students were sucked into the cold vacuum of space. Hell, some of 'em even learned a thing or two. Certifcation application duly submitted.

Hi Alec!
I kind of remember (I can be wrong!)... if you disable the godem cargo hatch it can't malfunction... (just remember to turn it on when scooping cargo) ...and tell the kids: "You can do whatever you want but don't touch that big red button"
Regards
Onane

Top Bottom