UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 6 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Location USS (as many of us have suspected)
Situation: HUGE CONVOY. A mix between the late Medical convoy and the first UA convoys.
A Python carrying it, plus 2 Anaconda, 4 Vultures.
------------------------
The Python was carrying an Unknown Probe 100%, I checked it 3 times, and I jumped from my chair.
RiZ@L off.

Sounds like Canonn might need some firepower now.

Ok HERE WE ARE:

System: Ross 47
My Ship: a Python
Situation: HUGE CONVOY. A mix between the late Medical convoy and the first UA convoys.

The story:
I've entered the USS (Convoy, Threat 4), and there was the convoy, no initial chatter. I was starting to Cargo scan the Python without any expectation, when a group of other ships popped in, (eagles most of all, many of them), And this COMMS chatter showed-up:
"We've just came for the ARTIFACT, we don't need heroes!", and then they've started shooting.
Then I've Cargo scanned the Python and it had an Unknown Probe in its hold!
I've decided to wait, trying to take advantage of the hostile ships shooting at the Python, they took down its shields, and then I was prepared with my limpets, I always carry with me, but the 2 Anacondas destroyed all the ships.
So I've decided to attack the Python, while the Anies and Vultures were still far away, I was almost succeeding, but then they turned on me, and my shields went down in 3 seconds.
I must confess, I suddenly remembered that my ship was full of 24 Modular Terminals for Marco Qwent, and I COMBAT LOGGED, I know I'm guilty.

The Python was carrying an Unknown Probe 100%, I checked it 3 times, and I jumped from my chair.
I have no videos or pictures because of the struggle that was going on, and I had ShadowPlay turned off (sorry!), but I'll find that convoy again soon I'm sure. I suspect the tactics to get the Probe will be very similar to those we did for the first Artifacts and the Convoys holding them.

RiZ@L off.

Great! Good job!
Hope you will find it again ^ ^. I wonder what knowledge we will get from it~.
So... I think 100 ships for this mission should be enough, right?

Last edited:
Anaconda reporting in ready for assault on convoys containing UPs.

Game name: CookieJarvis
Callsign: Falcon
Ship: Anaconda

Ok HERE WE ARE:

The story:
I've entered the USS (Convoy, Threat 4), and there was the convoy, no initial chatter. I was starting to Cargo scan the Python without any expectation, when a group of other ships popped in, (eagles most of all, many of them), And this COMMS chatter showed-up:
"We've just came for the ARTIFACT, we don't need heroes!", and then they've started shooting.
I've decided to wait, trying to take advantage of the hostile ships shooting at the Python, they took down its shields, and then I was prepared with my limpets, I always carry with me, but the 2 Anacondas destroyed all the ships.
So I've decided to attack the Python, while the Anies and Vultures were still far away, I was almost succeeding, but then they turned on me, and my shields went down in 3 seconds.
I must confess, I suddenly remembered that my ship was full of 24 Modular Terminals for Marco Qwent, and I COMBAT LOGGED, I know I'm guilty.

I have no videos or pictures because of the struggle that was going on, and I had ShadowPlay turned off (sorry!), but I'll find that convoy again soon I'm sure. I suspect the tactics to get the Probe will be very similar to those we did for the first Artifacts and the Convoys holding them.

RiZ@L off.

Ha ha. Good story.

I guess this means it's Biscuit barrel time. :)

Sweet, so I was right about it. Many thanks for sharing the location and info! I expect that the system will be swarming with players now - and when I get back home later tonight, I know I will be there too. Good hunting, Commanders!

Im pretty sure ross 47 is where a thargoid ship couls be spotted in one of the original games on ross 47 7 i think i was investigating a while ago looking for caine and massey and noticed the planet has 2 labs on it medium size opposite sides of the planet both identical

Ok HERE WE ARE:

The story:

RiZ@L off.

Excellent work sir. I think I'm down to go unknown probe hunting this weekend. I was never able to get in on the UA convoy hunt back in the day.

I forgot to say that, after the struggle with the Eagles, the Python engaged FSD, that's why I decided to attack it, as I had no Wake Scanner, so I suggest to equip one! I had to log off cause I have to get my ladies from school, so see you later CMSRs.

PS: I don't think that Ross 47 is unique, that USS could spawn everywhere like the medical Convoys. But better to check in Ross 47 first.

Last edited:
Hey Riz, what type of USS was it and in what area i.e. shipping lane, in orbit, or deepspace?

As I said, it was the 'Convoy Dispersal something signal', of Threat 4. I was super cruising going to deliver some Boom Data, on a Outpost, to get 4 Modular Terminals as a Reward. So I think I was on the shipping lane or close to it.
When I'll be back home I'll check my log for more Info.

Last edited:
As I said, it was the 'Convoy Dispersal something signal', of Threat 4. I was super cruising going to deliver some Boom Data, on a Outpost, to get 4 Modular Terminals as a Reward. So I think I was on the shipping lane or close to it.

Rizal whats your in game name? id like to add you

Convoys generally tend to appear much more frequently either in shipping lanes, or in orbit around inhabited planets.

any Xbox CMDR's in here heading to Ross for the UP? i'd like to join up! let's see f we can get one asap

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom