August Exodus - A Jaunt to Jaques

Odd that FD should have put the check in that you mined the stuff yourself in a CG, when they have not done so for missions. I have accepted several mining missions where all I did was pop into the local shop and buy some, and then claim the prize.

this was the case in 1.4. ... long gone.

Unfortunately, transferring a mined material to another player means that it will not count towards the results of a mining CG. This was first noticed during a mining CG a couple of months back, and has been confirmed to still be the case in 2.1.0.5 for the Eol Prue outpost CG by the ceremonial teabaggers. See the active CG thread for the details.

In short, giving him your Osmium will hurt the progress of the mining CG. Palladium, Painite, and Platinum will have to do. If not yours, then mine.

Odd that FD should have put the check in that you mined the stuff yourself in a CG, when they have not done so for missions. I have accepted several mining missions where all I did was pop into the local shop and buy some, and then claim the prize.

And this last bit (highlighted) you did NOT found odd? :p
Because that's what I'd call "odd" for sure.
If I remember correctly FD put the restriction that you yourself mine the commodities, for CG mission, as it was supposed to be mining CG (Kaushpoos CG ...to build Obsidian Orbital)
...however CMDRs were buying the commodities instead of mining the commodities for the CG.

As far as I have noticed this restriction is still in effect for the mining CG out at Jaques Station (I gave another CMDR 1t Osmium, he turned it in for the CG, & it still has not registered )

...however as I mine with some fellow CMDRs, for Methanol Monohydrate Crystals & Bromellite ...in ICY Ring, for faction missions, we noticed we can give each other our mined commodities to each other & turn them in to complete mission from the BB ...regardless of who mined it.

So in summary ED v2.1.05 ...
- CG mining missions you need to mine the commodity yourself
- Regular BB mining mission you can mine your self, or accept mined commodities from another CMDR ...& turn them in for your mining mission ...regardless of who mined it.

Last edited:
this was the case in 1.4. ... long gone.

Naw. It was working when I was last in the bubble, which was less than a month ago. It may be gone, but if it is, it is not long gone.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

And this last bit (highlighted) you did NOT found odd? :p
Because that's what I'd call "odd" for sure.

I can understand that a programmer may have forgotten to check for that use case, so I do not find it especially odd that it was originally allowed. But what would be odd is if they fixed it in one place, but not another.

Of course, I also think that the whole premise of a mission that requires you to mine stuff is daft. If I were in need of commodity X, and offered a bonus to someone to get some, why would I care where it comes from (other than legality)? Similarly, you can see missions where you are asked to steal general commodities, and I don't see the point. Stealing a specific item that is unique to the mission makes every sense, but not general commodities.

Unfortunately, transferring a mined material to another player means that it will not count towards the results of a mining CG. This was first noticed during a mining CG a couple of months back, and has been confirmed to still be the case in 2.1.0.5 for the Eol Prue outpost CG by the ceremonial teabaggers. See the active CG thread for the details.

In short, giving him your Osmium will hurt the progress of the mining CG. Palladium, Painite, and Platinum will have to do. If not yours, then mine.

Ah, I see. In that case, I agree. Palladium will do nicely. :)

That's interesting (and looks pretty inconsistent to me). Did you try both cases with and without wing? Just in case this would make any difference...
I thought it was inconsistent as well as I remember it not working (1 CMDR mining & handing the minded commodity to another CMDR to turn in for a mission) for the mining CG & then the BB mining missions as well....after FD made the change that is.
- The ICY ring mining I am doing was in a WING of 3 CMDRs.
- The 1t OSMIUM to CMDR Cajuncontroller was a no WING ...just Jettison[Abandon]
so not sure if it would have worked in a WING (mostly betting that it would not as they instituted the changed specifically during/ for CG mining missions in the past), transferring OSMIUM to another CMDR that you mined, for them to participate in the CG...
...but it could be worth a try.
I have 2 accounts ...so 1 account out at Jaques Station & the other account back in the bubble ...give me options :)

Change in ship

Greeting comrades,
CMDR kjkb1980 of convoy #2 (roster #115) checking in.

Given the recent heightened security concerns in Jaques space I have felt it prudent to reconsider my choice of vessel for the expedition. I now intend to join the expedition in my Federal Dropship, "Armoured Transport Tyrion". If possible, I would be very grateful if you could please update my ship details on the roster? Thank you very much.

With just over 100T of cargo capacity I will still be transporting materials on behalf of the FGE but with a full compliment of weaponry will be able to protect myself and fellow convoy members as we make our way to Jaques.
:cool:

AT Tyrion:

VfGf5wQ.jpg

Last edited:
If possible, I would be very grateful if you could please update my ship details on the roster? Thank you very much.

Done. Could you let me know the range as well, please? Just to be complete... :)

Just a heads up regarding convoy 2: we will close sign up for convoy 2 on August 18th, the date the convoy leaves the base camp in the Omega nebula. Sign ups between the 15th (launch date of convoy 2) and 18th of August will likely encounter a delay with admission to the private group. Remember you need to be on the roster to be allowed into the private group!

ok, so I have realised that there is no way I am going to be able to fit-out and learn to mine effectively in the space of 6 days, in order to bring osmium to Jaques.

So, other than a ton of slaves, what should I put in my 96 tons of cargo hold when I head off on the 15th of August?...

Advice appreciated...

Frawd

ok, so I have realised that there is no way I am going to be able to fit-out and learn to mine effectively in the space of 6 days, in order to bring osmium to Jaques.

So, other than a ton of slaves, what should I put in my 96 tons of cargo hold when I head off on the 15th of August?...

Advice appreciated...

Frawd
1T of slaves gets you an invite into the Colonial Militia. Link.

1T of Advanced Computer Components collected from IGER technicians outside of Kippax Ring gets you and invite to become a Colonial Scout. Link.

Take both, and become both. I am :D

I would like to apply to convoy 2 my cmdr name is cresbot, i am already halfway there and will probably beat the convoy there but still plan on joining in with the main group :)

I would like to apply to convoy 2 my cmdr name is cresbot, i am already halfway there and will probably beat the convoy there but still plan on joining in with the main group :)
Just read something i missed, i would like to be an explorer, but i will have srvs

Just read something i missed, i would like to be an explorer, but i will have srvs

Go to the sign up link mentioned in the second post of this thread and fill out the form. You've got to do that yourself. Once the sign up form is filled out, you can get access to the private group we fly in by applying in-game for KAMZEL.

Advice appreciated...

Frawd

Why don't you join us on a short detour to Kippax Ring? After convoy 2 launch from Ocshooit, a group of pilots will head out to HIP 72043 for a meet up with pilots of IGER. IGER will make a donation to convoy 2 to be delivered at Jaques. See more info here.

HIP 72043 is just some 77LY from Ocshooit and basically on the way to our first way point.

After the meet at Kippax Ring we will be on our way to Jaques.

Commander Kestril will sign up for the august 15th departure.

I will re-fit the Misfit with some mining equipment, limpets, load up the ore and a fuel controller to fuel rat any stragglers. I didn't quite make it all the way to beagle last time, but this expedition shouldn't be too bad in comparison!

CMDR: Kestril
Ship Name: Earthbound Misfit
Ship Type: Anaconda Corvette

Last edited:
Top Bottom