UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Goose4291

Banned
I heard that sound too... How do our scanners work? Is there a technological reason behind why it may not pick it up? In the recent interview with Drew, he mentioned that Thargoids breathe ammonia that is -100 degrees less than our own oxygen, therefore they prefer the cold (and why heat weapons may be very useful in an all out war against them...). Is it possible that our scanners simply can't detect them because they work on an infrared spectrum?

If so I would like to suggest that someone to drop a UA and attempt to have it scan the alien ship (I doubt this will work either but it's worth dismissing via experimentation, also this is not my idea, I saw someone else mention this too)

Maybe they don't show up on Infared at all..
alns-look-behind-you-o-second-thoughts-maybe-best-not.png

Oh, I didn't know that aliens were reimagined. I mean, I knew Drew changed his lore guides, but I thought it was just because some stuff form the past wasnt adding up and FD decided to get rid of messed things. Thank you for clarification :D

Twitch.com/djtruthsayer has the interview.
Also, in the new art book from FD they mention that they reworked the aliens from the ground up, with intentions to make them look as manufactured as organic (and that it would be a theme we see more of in the future). Given on how much DB has discussed science, I would imagine they took great care in designing a species with an entirely seperate evolutionary timeline. Fascinating stuff really, keeps me interested at least...

I'm not sure you can use color of the wreckage as an accurate indicator. In debris fields, all ships are an equally grayish/brown, regardless of type. Clipper/cutter hulls, Eagle fuselages, you name it, everything looks like it's covered in brown mud.

Imperial wreckage is actually white for the most part , some internal struts are steel gray but most of the debris from Imp is white :)

From what I was told the ship has been in the game for a verry long time. even before 2.1. I guess we gotta wait now :(

Sounds right, I think the only reason for the hunt is because we sucked at finding it and if when aliens arrive we still hadn't found it (2.2?) it would have been redundant.

Are we convinced these are the aliens we'll be fighting though?

I'm still on the theory there's one alien race running, hiding and dying from a more aggressive alien race.

Last edited:
Hey Michael, you still there?

Haven't seen you in Active CGs thread lately, so I'll post there.

That third CG, presumably about Lavian Brandy - what are the tiers there? Can you make it like 50KTons, or maybe even less? Since it was designed as story-related CG and it suddenly became irrelevant, there is no need to make it harder. Give us something easy, so we could load some newbies on Cobras and Condas with Brandy (and possibly enlist them to Teabaggers - there is a civil war coming at Teaka, so we need some boots at, err, space)

After having a close look its definitely not a space craft and it does didn't crash.

Its organic and muscular looking with tendons and the joints.

Its also secreting a green glowing liquid.

The central core looks like a human eye with the 8 smaller eyes looking like Insectoid.

its still buried and it looks like it tried to claw its way out of the ground as there are 2 giant claw marks in the ground but no crash site as such.

I heard that sound too... How do our scanners work? Is there a technological reason behind why it may not pick it up? In the recent interview with Drew, he mentioned that Thargoids breathe ammonia that is -100 degrees less than our own oxygen, therefore they prefer the cold (and why heat weapons may be very useful in an all out war against them...). Is it possible that our scanners simply can't detect them because they work on an infrared spectrum?

If so I would like to suggest that someone to drop a UA and attempt to have it scan the alien ship (I doubt this will work either but it's worth dismissing via experimentation, also this is not my idea, I saw someone else mention this too)

Agree on the sound and it's easy to reproduce, as approach the center stucture theres a spot where two of the "arms" form an entrance like space. You can clearly hear a static "hailstorm on window" sound. Recording at the moment but you can hear for yourself if around

Expect Meta Alloys to be harder to come by after the update.

Giant space crabs emerging after you shoot a meta alloy from a barnacle.

I theorised this in the Rift thread.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom