How to get Elite in VR looking CRYSTAL CLEAR.:D

Thanks for the excellent guide. I've been trying to tweak my settings for my 1070, but this will help quite a bit. If I've already set my supersampling in the steamvr.vrsettings file, do I need the chaperone tool? The ED profiler seems to be crashing on me, but I haven't T/Sed it very much yet

I can vouch for 1.0 in game and 1.5x in SteamVR is far better than 0.65 in game and 2.0x in SteamVR. Anyone who doubts it, set them and screenshot the monitor preview and compare the 2... I settled on 1.0 in game and 1.7x in SteamVR.

nothing too surprising (if u re talking about visual quality) as 1*1.5=1.5 and 0.65*2=1.3. the last one sets a lower resolution for the SS.

make sure to turn off Desktop Game Theater ???

Sorry for the dumb Q? But what is it, how and where is it so I can turn it off.

Rift, Win 10, GTX 980 x2, i7, SSD, 16gb DDR4

CMDR WARDSE

nothing too surprising (if u re talking about visual quality) as 1*1.5=1.5 and 0.65*2=1.3. the last one sets a lower resolution for the SS.
While this is correct, it is not universal as you need decent hardware to run at either of these levels. I suspect people who are having issues reaching these levels are pegging their existing systems to max.

make sure to turn off Desktop Game Theater ???

Sorry for the dumb Q? But what is it, how and where is it so I can turn it off.

Rift, Win 10, GTX 980 x2, i7, SSD, 16gb DDR4

CMDR WARDSE

It is located in the steamvr settings.

While this is correct, it is not universal as you need decent hardware to run at either of these levels. I suspect people who are having issues reaching these levels are pegging their existing systems to max.

Of course, but my point was only about visual quality, performances put aside.

I was dubious about the Oculus debug tool, but I tried it last night (1.0 in game, 1.5 in tool) and it really looks much better than the in-game SS. Nice!

All I need to work out now is to get rib of the black smear!

Guys !

I found some tweaks not mentioned here before but they helps a lot.

1. Go to Task Manager and kill "HtcIdentityService " and " HTCVRMarketplaceUsersContextHelper" proces
seems to help remove a ~1 second frequent studder or tracking lost issues.
I've had it and it's gone after this little improvement.

2. Go to Steam VR Settings and mark 2 things
- force reprojection on ( under Direct Mode) in Developer Menu ( give balance between CPU/GPU - more FPS in ED)
- run Steam VR when open apps - some users noted better scale ( body , planets) and game colours , less blur

Since now run game without Steam/Steam VR

I'm showing that on printscreen but I have localized Steam and Win 10. Sorry for PL language.
http://imgur.com/a/DnOcM
steam2.jpg

Last edited:
i still cant figure what in game visuals settings shall i use? VR HIGH? or set the ULTRA by myself.

and i cant set my monitors native resolution of 2560*1440 144 hz etc. but it wont effect RIFT right? what settings to use . all bllury not sharp all damn bad.

i still cant figure what in game visuals settings shall i use? VR HIGH? or set the ULTRA by myself.

and i cant set my monitors native resolution of 2560*1440 144 hz etc. but it wont effect RIFT right? what settings to use . all bllury not sharp all damn bad.

Hey there ^^

If eveything is a bit blury, there s a large chance that u have FXAA enabled.
This particular AA is more like a blur fx than a real AA.

Hi there,

I have a CV1 with a 1080.

If I'm not using my Rift, I put the preset on 'Ultra' and change SS to x2.0.

If I'm using my Rift, I first use the Debug tool to set pixels to 2.0.

Then I start the game and change the display to 'fullscreen', the preset to 'VR High' and the SS to x0.65.

Same drill every time.

And it looks great!

Hope this helps...

With beta 2.2 V5 you can now put HMD quality to 2x and don't have to use external tools anymore. Just use the supersampling to 0.65x like before and change the hmd quality to 2x, seems to give the same quality as old 2x file editing for steamVR and 0.65 supersampling in game.

With beta 2.2 V5 you can now put HMD quality to 2x and don't have to use external tools anymore. Just use the supersampling to 0.65x like before and change the hmd quality to 2x, seems to give the same quality as old 2x file editing for steamVR and 0.65 supersampling in game.

Awesome. I assume this means we don't need to run the Oculus debug tool to set Pixels Per Pixel to 1.5 (or 2.0 or whatever).

Nice. Glad to have a permanent setting for this in-game.

Nothing about it in the path notes though. Hope it makes it to the final version of 2.2

Seems like there is a new value called "oct", putting it for both hmd quality and supersampling offer good visuals on Vive!

Seems like there is a new value called "oct", putting it for both hmd quality and supersampling offer good visuals on Vive!

if you use boths fps goes down below 80 on my (Gtx1080)

this update is not so good for vive and 1080 owner's - HMD limit is set for 2.0
shame cos before I had 2.2

Top Bottom