EDDI: A(nother) Voice Attack Plugin

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
even noobier question - on the plugin site it says if you import the commands into an existing profile ensure that ((EDDI:Startup)) is executed when the profile is loaded. How do I do this? I want to import it into my Astra hcs pack profile, is this possible?
thanks

It is possible, although given how close EDDI 2 is you might want to hold off for a week or so and use EDDI 2 instead. Integration with HCS voice packs is a little troublesome with the current release of EDDI but EDDI 2 solves a lot of the issues.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Work with the Beta game or beta for general usage?

EDDI 2 will work with the current live version of Elite: Dangerous, although it doesn't add all of the extra events.

I read these forums to try and learn more about something Im interested in like EDDI for instance. I read all the comments and wonder... How The Hell do these guys know all this about Voice Attack and EDDI and where did they learn it? LOL... I pick up on things pretty quickly and I have been baffled about a lot of what Ive read so far. I would love a step by step for EDDI. I understand its fetching data but when I tried adding my own commands to EDDI the voice isnt processed. Looking at the EDDI Profile to try and figure it out I see there is nothing using TTS directly with a key press to activate a action (simple command). So Im confused to what I have to do for my commands/TTS to be processed the same as EDDI's. Im assuming I dont use the standard "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" when Im adding my own commands. What do I do to add a standard command and get the same effect? Will all of them need to be a multi-part command for the voice synthesizer to take effect?

I have enabled the plugin in VA but nothing ever happens... What am I doing wrong?

Is this with EDDI 1 or 2? If 1 then please follow the troubleshooting instructions at https://github.com/cmdrmcdonald/EliteDangerousDataProvider/blob/master/TROUBLESHOOTING.md. If 2 then please check out https://github.com/cmdrmcdonald/EliteDangerousDataProvider/blob/feature/journal/VoiceAttack.md If you still don't have any luck then please send me the contents of %APPDATA%\eddi.log and I'll take a look.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Is EDDI V1 down today? (10/17) I noticed that none of the variables are being set.

I'm not seeing any problems with the API, although note that if there is a problem with it you'll lose some information on the systems you are visiting but all commander etc. information should still be present.

If your commander information is unavailable then this suggests a problem with EDDI's configuration so that it cannot obtain the data from Frontier's companion API, or with Frontier's API itself. If this is the case feel free to send me your %APPDATA%\eddi.log and I can see if I can find out what's wrong.

Is EDDI V1 down today? (10/17) I noticed that none of the variables are being set.

I noticed this too - using EDDI 1.4.0 - the only variable being set from system variables for example was the name, all the rest return "not set".

For example: http://api.eddp.co/systems/Mufrid

While in VA:

11:19:19 - System name: Mufrid
11:19:19 - System name (spoken): Mufrid
11:19:19 - System visits: 1
11:19:19 - System comment: Not set
11:19:19 - System distance from home: 170.85
11:19:19 - System minutes since previous visit: Not set
11:19:19 - System previous visit: Not set Not set
11:19:19 - System population: Not set
11:19:19 - System population (spoken): Not set
11:19:19 - System allegiance: Not set
11:19:19 - System government: Not set
11:19:19 - System faction: Not set
11:19:19 - System primary economy: Not set
11:19:19 - System state: Not set
11:19:19 - System security: Not set
11:19:19 - System power: Not set
11:19:19 - System power (spoken): Not set
11:19:19 - System power state: Not set
11:19:19 - System rank: Commander
11:19:19 - System X: -1.125
11:19:19 - System Y: 35.25
11:19:19 - System Z: 11.09375

Last edited:
I noticed this too - using EDDI 1.4.0 - the only variable being set from system variables for example was the name, all the rest return "not set".

Why is the ...Not Set happening ..? , What server is EDDI trying to get the information from ?

Last edited:

For example: http://api.eddp.co/systems/Mufrid

While in VA:

11:19:19 - System name: Mufrid
11:19:19 - System name (spoken): Mufrid
11:19:19 - System visits: 1
11:19:19 - System comment: Not set
11:19:19 - System distance from home: 170.85
11:19:19 - System minutes since previous visit: Not set
11:19:19 - System previous visit: Not set Not set
11:19:19 - System population: Not set
11:19:19 - System population (spoken): Not set
11:19:19 - System allegiance: Not set
11:19:19 - System government: Not set
11:19:19 - System faction: Not set
11:19:19 - System primary economy: Not set
11:19:19 - System state: Not set
11:19:19 - System security: Not set
11:19:19 - System power: Not set
11:19:19 - System power (spoken): Not set
11:19:19 - System power state: Not set
11:19:19 - System rank: Commander
11:19:19 - System X: -1.125
11:19:19 - System Y: 35.25
11:19:19 - System Z: 11.09375

Please could you send me your %APPDATA%\eddi.log so that I can see what's going on ? Thanks.

Sure - let me redo this with detailed logging enabled.

Thanks for the log. There was an issue with the server-side (basically, EDDB changed formats and I mucked up my import script for the new format) but I believe that I've fixed it. Please could you let me know if this is still happening when you jump system or if you are now receiving system data.

Yup, it seems to work when traveling to another system (Arcturus for example that is near Mufrid). However, returning to Mufrid it still insists on not updating the variables. Is there some sort of cache I have to reset perhaps?

Yup, it seems to work when traveling to another system (Arcturus for example that is near Mufrid). However, returning to Mufrid it still insists on not updating the variables. Is there some sort of cache I have to reset perhaps?

EDDI does have a starsystem cache so it's possible that it is holding on the incorrect data. If you are sending your travel logs to EDSM, or don't care about the number of visits you've made to systems, you can remove the local data:

• Shut down VoiceAttack
  • Remove the %APPDATA%\EDDI\EDDI.sqlite file
  • Start the configuration.exe
  • On the EDSM tab obtain your logs
  • Shut down the configuration GUI
  • Restart VoiceAttack

with steps 3-5 only if you have configured EDSM.

This just came to mind, is there a 'stop' to go with the 'say' command for EDDI? I want to set a "shut up" command in VoiceAttack, but (as expected) using VA's "stop tts" doesn't affect EDDI's "say".

what would cause eddi to have big problems updating my ship? changed... told it i had changed... still reporting previous ship. waited an hour, restarted voiceattack and eddi - still reporting previous ship....

very weird

what would cause eddi to have big problems updating my ship? changed... told it i had changed... still reporting previous ship. waited an hour, restarted voiceattack and eddi - still reporting previous ship....

very weird

Are you possibly in beta?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom