Katzenstein Dock

If you have an aversion to long supercruises you might want to keep an eye out for any missions to Katzenstein Dock in the 36 Ophiuchi System.

It's a 0.14Ly run. Kinda takes me back to my days running to Hutton.

I wont abandon the mission since that's not my style but I sure wont be stopping off at any USS's either. :D

Good luck CMDR, have some Rep for your long haul. I already know it's going to be a looooooooong one; not as bad as Hutton obviously, but still a heck of a trip.

o7

Last edited:
Ah, that place. Katzenstein was my first true long-distance SC delivery mission...and last. Never dared go out to Hutton. Thankfully once you get far out enough interdictions stop being a possibility, so you can just point your ship in the right direction and sit back and read a book or something for 40 minutes.

Just got my Rift configured, took a while wondering why it was all so blurry then worked out it isn't if I wear my glasses! (yeah I'm an idiot).

Everything looks wonderful, I spent ages just staring at stuff but the one big issue is the galaxy/system maps are largely useless (well OK I can target a system OK but trying to get the planet/station is a massive pain in VR so I use the left hand menu to target the station). Well I might as well get some federal rep as I'm actually loving just turning up somewhere in VR so data mission are great.

Course I can't check the distance before I get to the system. One of the first one's I pick up, yep Katzenstein dock. Spent several minutes trying to work out why I wasn't getting any closer to it then I realised .14 LY not .14 LS. Anyway I'm about 10 minutes away from the station. I have had a good look round the cabin of my Cutter though so it's not all bad.

PS apols for the necro thread.

Katzenstein.... Katzestein....
sounds familiar.

kitty-mug-cute-kittens-9785381-500-374.jpg

Is that one of those stations that pays an incredible amount because of its distance? Or did they nerf that? I used to do a long distance station a year or so ago and the pay per mission was incredible. 45 minutes to get there but worth it.

Is that one of those stations that pays an incredible amount because of its distance? Or did they nerf that? I used to do a long distance station a year or so ago and the pay per mission was incredible. 45 minutes to get there but worth it.

lol nerfed the crap out of it. Back before they swung the nerfhammer at passenger missions you could pick up non-VIP missions to there paying stupid money (30m+) for carrying a few economy class passengers, if you filled up a Python with them you were rolling in cash.

Top Bottom