So you want to know about the Formidine Rift? (Part 3)

So it the only one remaining the Hawkin's Gap one?

Like for someone just setting out from the Bubble, this is still left to find?

Yes, I believe in pristine form without even the CTD being found.

Saw the best product safety warning on a bag of frozen penne today;
Warning: Cooked food may be Hot.

Food for thought indeed.

So, hyperdrive damaging technology, rendering human ships useless? Sounds like the Thargoids having some revenge for the mycoid virus...

Not an original thought, but what if whatever we're looking for could be seen from hyperspace? Has anyone really looked?

Didn't they change the hyperspace effects at some point though, so that would go against the whole 'discoverable since beta' thing.

Curious about namig "Formidable Rift beta site"... First tought its about other sectors hawking as alpha etc. but This has full name FR Beta so... we are surely searching for alpha and i think the one is where or from "the cargo" was transported. Whole operation took from 30 sept to 11 nov - over month.
Also some screenies from site beta:

name
2B036188B66352BD7DFF208E04ECF97E82D00B08

base
9C7DB6AD5228508D702E491ABF477508A566CFC7

good hunting cmdrs :)

Last edited:
Hmm, a thought - these events took place before 3290, so we can assume they were using type 2b drives, which can take up to a week to jump. By examining the dates between messages at the Rift site and considering the specs of the drive, might we be able to construct a radius of maximum possible travel distance? Another safe assumption may be that they took jumps that were as far as possible, given the apparent quick travel speed mentioned at the Conflux base.

With this, we may be able to create a search zone for this habitable world.

Last edited:
Is there only one base in each location? I thought each location had several beacons...

There are 11 beacons we know of, each broadcasting a very similar message with a rally point. I'm going under the assumption that there is a settlement per beacon for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is there a freeway toll gantry outside the base?

Le Petomane Thruway! Somebody's gotta go back and get a sh#tload of dimes!

Yep, keep in mind all of the beacons and their messages (and respective Rally Points) are kept in this Trello board.

That's what I have been using as my source. In fact, I was just looking at it again and think I'm on the wrong planet. The beacon is orbiting EAFOTS RA-G B11-0 3 (which is where I am), but the rally point is 1, so will head back to that planet for searching.

Habitable could also mean landable. Able to build a ground base on to be able to survive.

Furthering your story line, what do these three locations have in common? Who mounted the expeditions and why?

How bout this the powers and/or dark wheel/inra/pilots fed whoever,,, knew about the 'guardian sites' and these three areas are the destination of their exodus and all they found in the end was the living dead, the leftover ai's who are as friendly as -off killer bees. Or something like that,,whatever it is i'm calling it space zombies. Maybe the space jellies are hunting them which is why they aren't interested in us.

Just get the feeling the story lines have been tied together about the time cornflakes and hawkins first showed up shortly after drew adopted the orphanage.

From the messages, it might be worth doing a bit of a comparison of hyperspace in the Rift/Conflux/Gap with hyperspace in the bubble. Differences were reported between hyperspace in the bubble and hyperspace near to the Pleiades when the hyperdictions had started.

Hi there, I don't normally post here as I'm not really involving myself in the Formidine Tift mystery, however this did make me want to comment

I am currently randomly jumping around in the Pleiades, basically trying to get myself probed. It's very hard to tell if it's a genuine thing or not ( as I have base of reference, plus it's probably all psychosomatic) but the hyperspace jumps I've been making recently seem to have a lot more green clouds and groups of bright blueish tinged lights streaking by at regular intervals.

I came back to the Pleiades from the California nebula after the first hyperdiction happened, and I certainly don't remember so much green prior to reaching the Pleiades. Is anyone out at the Rift/conflict/Hawkins gap area seeing similar? It would be great if those heading to Hawkins gap could try and see if they notice any difference to their hyperspace conduits while they are heading in that direction.

Top Bottom