So you want to know about the Formidine Rift? (Part 3)

DYNASTY EXPEDITION SUMMARY PAGE UPDATE

Ok, I've trawled through about 200 pages of this thread and collected all the outpost discoverers, credited them and linked to their posts in the summary page on good ol' #8898.

I've also added a link to Jaiotu's list of the messages found in chronological order.

Please have a look at the post and let me know of any mistakes, or additional information I can add. I will be creating a more detailed intro section before it finally gets embedded into the front page. Anyone have a link for the original community goal that started this hunt?

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ift-(Part-3)?p=5011199&viewfull=1#post5011199

I know :)

But I thought I'd read somewhere that Erimus was planning on retconning the Galactic Mapping Project to read "Hawkins".

Not the first time Frontier changed the spelling on a Galactic Mapping site. "Gagarin Gate" became "Gigarin Gate" when Frontier introduced the station as part of the "Colonia Connection".

Erimus must be stopped!!!

Finally, I'm L5 with Palin. Going to fit 5A's to my Asp and hopefully get a good L5 roll, then lightweight everything else I can. Hopefully I'll still manage close to 50Ly as a base range.

Congrats. Bear in mind, we have mostly big planets/moons left to scan, speed of your ship is everything, jump range not so much, I made mine really fast (515 m/s) and can boost constantly - my jump range is 43ly which allowed me to get to Conflux in 5 hours (167 jumps :) ) and I think this is the way to go, don't sacrifice speed :)

Last edited:
Great stuff :) As for CG you mean the one with unregistered beacons ?
It would be this one - https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/582dc4489657bacc7c29abb9 17th of November 3302 ( Together with some friends under command of Cmdr Robinus I translate Galnet to polish, so I have a good idea what and when ;) )

Thanks Baton.

If you are familiar with GalNet, would you have a list of articles related to Salome and the Rift that is not on the front page of this thread? It's several months out of date and I want to start compiling information to ensure everything missing is covered.

Anyone else who can help, please speak up. Quite a lot has happened since the last front page update, with Salome being found guilt and events since. Links to GalNet, forum posts or anything else would be useful to update the front page.

Because...,,that's actually a good idea, but will be un-necessary soon as the info will be on the front page - hence the call out for missing info for all the front page stuff.

Thanks Baton.

If you are familiar with GalNet, would you have a list of articles related to Salome and the Rift that is not on the front page of this thread?

I can search fairly easily for articles, not sure if I will find time to compare, but I will try. Will PM you later with results.

So Zach, who is in charge of the Trello page you link to?, It seems to be updated regularly, yet the Hawkins Gap Gamma site isnt on there, even though it was discovered prior to the Rift Gamma site, which is on there.

Wouldn't want to waste manpower if someone starts searching for a base that is already discovered.

Last edited:
Stupid thought... Has anyone dropped out of SC close to a planet with a known camp on it, and listened? EG - the sounds for different planet types in the system map allow identification without a scan, however, if you drop out of SC above an ELW, for example, and listen, you'll be rewarded with a fascinating soundtrack of birds, hammers hitting stone, church organs, NASA style communication beeps, drowned out voices....

Sssoooo...

Listen to a planet with a known camp, then to another planet, of the same type, without a camp. Any differences?

Z...

Last edited:
So Zach, who is in charge of the Trello page you link to?, It seems to be updated regularly, yet the Hawkins Gap Gamma site isnt on there, even though it was discovered prior to the Rift Gamma site, which is on there.

Wouldn't want to waste manpower if someone starts searching for a base that is already discovered.

That's a Canonn Trello site. I will give them a prod on discord to update. They have been a bit distracted lately with the alien hyperdictions and the ancient ruins puzzle.

Last edited:
Finally, I'm L5 with Palin. Goi RCng to fit 5A's to my Asp and hopefully get a good L5 roll, then lightweight everything else I can. Hopefully I'll still manage close to 50Ly as a base range.

Anyone know a way to calculate what the smallest Power distributer one can use is, that still allows boost (with an L5 upgrade)?

I'm half tempted to mod my iCourier with max jump range and L5 dirty race engines, but not sure I can deal with the short jump range. I think I'm done with <40LY jump range exploration...

I feel the same way. It's like a sympathy thing. I'll be back in the same system in 3 hours,, he'll barely have made 1000LY in that time.

Z...

Re min power distributor, try corollis or edshipyard website. Sorry for no link, but I'm on my phone.

Btw, I've got an asp exp., 5a thrusters and fsd, 4d dist. , some light weight mods, 5d shlds, 1 booster, 2 beams, 2 MC's, only got to do 3 lev5 rolls for fsd, got ~46 ly j/r.

I would try to gode any griefer to face plant on a high g world :p
Well it may not be Galnet but it looks like my news submission got picked up after all. This has been published in Sol, Alioth, Achenar, Prism, HR 6421 and Tionisla:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2_ZevhWQAAKjhj.jpg

EDIT: And, I should mention, since the unfortunate demise of CMDR Finn McMillan in at the beta site in EAFOTS, CMDR Robert Faulcon has joined the Rifters and is currently scouting for settlements in the Confliux. o7.

Cool! Nice one :)

Erimus must be stopped!!!
Agreed! It should stay as Hawking's! :)

Sorry for the multiple posts :eek:

Last edited:
Agreed! It should stay as Hawking's! :)

Sorry for multi posts :eek:

OK, its staying as Hawking's Gap :)

I've had a crack at writing it into the mapping log entry with a bit of roleplay. The Galactic Mapping Project isn't a purely scientific project that pinpoints POIs and names locations, from the outset it was set up to tell the story of exploration, and flesh out the narrative by incorporating game events, incidents, and exploration-related current affairs into many of its entries.

So the whole Hawking's Vs Hawkin's aspect has been written into the regional entry. This probably won't mean much to players playing today, but in 5 or 10 years time, new players to ED may be fascinated by all this kind of thing! :D

GLqsRba.jpg

Last edited:

The search continues - anyone that can help is very welcome (so far Cmdr CrunchyBaton955 is helping - Twix Team by the look of it ;) )
Ideally search in straight vertical lines going north (0 on compass) or south (180 on compass), then it is easier to mark on the spreadsheet and not overlap with each other. If we fail to find it then we will switch to horizontal and do another pass :)

Last edited:
OK, its staying as Hawking's Gap :)

I've had a crack at writing it into the mapping log entry with a bit of roleplay. The Galactic Mapping Project isn't a purely scientific project that pinpoints POIs and names locations, from the outset it was set up to tell the story of exploration, and flesh out the narrative by incorporating game events, incidents, and exploration-related current affairs into many of its entries.

So the whole Hawking's Vs Hawkin's aspect has been written into the regional entry. This probably won't mean much to players playing today, but in 5 or 10 years time, new players to ED may be fascinated by all this kind of thing! :D

http://i.imgur.com/GLqsRba.jpg

Thank you!

For people who fly in pg or solo because you are afraid of being shot at. You are a single ship flying over a huge moon/planet. You spend weeks looking for spot that is bigger than your ship and it is stationary, how do you think a ganker can find you if you are smaller and moving on top of that??????????? :)

As for somebody who will never get here in Corvette with 9ly jump range... first, engineered vette can jump much further than that, but they would not need vette to be a threat, just an Asp with lots of MCs would smash my ship to pieces with no problems at all (well maybe not mine, I'm too fast, but typical exploration ship), so do not be afraid to play in open, just keep your eyes open when in SC :)

Top Bottom