Patch Notes Update 3.0 Open Beta - Patch Notes

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how the "surface material system" has been revamped? Do they mean rarers are more likely to happen? I have 3 Polonium, which isnt enough for much out here in deep space.

A very nice set of free updates, no gimmicks, just straight up improvements.

I would like to see the engineers roll font increased x2, so I can actually read it. Why have so much gap for information and 2-digit material requirements, which is easier to read than the result! (Yes I mentioned this in the engineers feedback). The game should be available for all ages 8-80, and big numbers would suit more of the population. ;) As I get older, I need them.

In general, well done FD for this roll out. :) Just two things. Firstly, can you make it so the launcher is auto-closed after game launch? I think it used some unnecessary CPU cycles and I like to close it when I open the game, and saves me closing the launcher after I close the game.

Secondly, my Commander Name, Ship Name and Ship ID are the same - LIFESCHOOL - Lemur India Foxtrot. If it said "Welcome Baron to our Imperial Starport" or "Welcome Admiral to your Federal Starport" I feel it would reward players each time they dock, for something which takes THE LONGEST TIME in the game to accumulate, and apart from ship unlocks has no reward/respect whatsoever. I need more respect maaaan.

Last edited:
i am struggling to access the beta

i am commander sexy pete. i clicked beta in steam yesterday, it didnt work so i exited steam, and logged in several times,today i uninstalled elite, reinstalled it and verified the game files and i am still back in 2.4 and unable to try out the beta.

today i am installing arma 3 and will try again in a few updates time

So. Thargoids in the bubble now, and they attack on sight. Is this new for the Beta or is it like that anyway these days? I've been out in the Black for a while.

So. Thargoids in the bubble now, and they attack on sight. Is this new for the Beta or is it like that anyway these days? I've been out in the Black for a while.

All content has been placed around wyrd for testing purposes. Doesnt mean it is like that when it goes live. :)

Might just be in bubble for convenience sake. I doubt they'd release Thargoid story content into beta.

Had a go at the beta and thought it was all good. Liked the crime system. I thought it was just going to be for players, but managed to get sent to priso barge for shooting up a space station. Seemed a bit harsh though for a small fine (for shooting laser near station) that I could not pay it off in the system station. Maybe this will be changed. The planet colours make a big difference, and the info for materials was good.
All we need now are some new gameplay mechanics, hope this can be introduced with the future updates.

Last edited:
Seemed a bit harsh though for a small fine (for shooting laser near station) that I could not pay it off in the system station.

Yeah, surely fines should count as a misdemeanour, rather than a crime, converting to a bounty if left unpaid. Station services shouldn't be locked off to you just for a fine, either.

I've been grinding this game for almost a year, so most of the new doesn't effect the way I play, If we're all going to end with same results then just give engineering the axe, tell the Fdev his idea was decent, but after closer inspection, and community feedback that his goal only caters to 1 type of player (grinders), what about the players that don't have 20 or more hrs a week to grind do they not matter too? either leave it the way it was where as everyone can benefit from the least amount of mindless grind as possible (make it fun not a fdev cyber D sucking contest) or just give it the axe. (100 units of each item is not enough with your new system.)
Also fix it so when psn is down but you still have an Internet connection you can still play the dam game. Not even solo mode...? Training but not solo, I guarantee that pc players do not experience this.
Why can't you send your ship to previously visited systems, or send a ship to a previously visited system/s? Make it so! I don't mind travelling the stars at all, it would nice to send my fighting ships to a location log out and when the ridiculous time to transfer said ship is done log back in and play the game.
There is probably so much I've missed discussing or ranting about, I love the game already, but a few things need some work to make it even better.
And is it to much to ask for hud colour customization for console?

Last edited:
Everything but engineering looks like an improvement, it's only catering to the player with unlimited time on their hands like myself, what about the player who doesn't have X amount of grinding materials time, they used to be able to get decent results and fly away happy with a few rolls of the rng dice, there's nothing unique about the new system if we all end with the same results at a way higher grind cost, just remove engineering if you had that many complaints over the old system for the minimal grind it is.
If you know where to look you will never find the current system a grind at all, I don't mind the current system, it works, and I have time to do other things in the game that are fun, from what I've seen with the new system players will be wasting their precious time in a fdev's cyber D sucking contest to achieve the same mod as every other player, seems pointless to me especially for experimental rolls, now they force you to cup the balls too...na I'm out bro, not playing that game.
Trade market? But you can't use your hard earned Space-bucks to buy said materials... everything else has a price-tag... except for materials and data..., no no you can trade your materials and data, have these fdev's even played this game? What's the point of having Space-bucks other than to buy ships and parts and pay off a bounties and fines?
Is too much to ask for Hud colour customization?
If you have visited a system or let's say became allied to be fair, why can you not send a ship or even the ship you are in if you have a crew-men to that system/station/s, log out for the duration of transportation and then log back in and be ready to do what you need to?
On console if psn is down but the Internet is good I can't even play the game, not even solo mode... there are free to play games on the PS4 that work without psn connection come on guys what's the deal? Yet another win for pc players who don't experience this(might time to switch back to pc gaming).

I'm enjoying much of what concerns me and the way I play, not too sure about the 'new?' Thargoids, I popped into a couple of instances and in the first 4 cops v 4 Thargoids and the cops wiped then out 4-0 I was observing as I'm unarmed, on the second instance just 2 cops v 4 Thargoids, the cops held their own and took out 2 Thargoids before succumbing to battle fatigue and falling leaving me on my lonesome, I was able to duck and dodge while they sprayed multi shots at me even giving one a hefty clout... they got a bit peeved and started using the toxic missiles... unkind really, I played ball a little longer then left the field to get a plaster and a cup of water, they didn't give chase and my hull was stabilised at I think at 50-60%... in the station, not really that scary for a bloke that doesn't do combat and has an unarmed ship to boot.

second point that I think I'll need to adjust myself for is coming out of the hyperspace tunnel and... no throttle, I normally jump out an continue full speed through skimming and honking, so arriving with it all turned down sort of spoils the rhythm.... (yes I know I can push the button but I didn't use to have to)

That said.

New Engineering... some love it some hate it... I'm fine with it, I'll keep my(+182.7) surface scanner until they take it away and then make another one under the new system... I ain't bovvered!
I do like the fact that I can finally continue to collect the rares even if they're no use to me because they are now!... I can swap em... thanks for that FD oh yeah and the new limit too... good!

Loving the new Planetary surface look and the dust seems have changed for the better too... I don't know it just holds better.
and the new rocks too, not just tiny, medium, and huge but others too... it makes life downside even better.

Thanks for putting lives above gold by increasing the amount of wedge for returning the 'coffins' to the Rescue Contact, I understand that you are all busy with important stuff but if you could find a way to if only occasionally give a brief back story on one or two of the guys and galls we rescue it would add depth... just make sure it ain't the same one every time... I'm sure if you were to ask nicely some of the fans here would love to make up a bit of history for a lone, pair, group of unfortunates that ended up needing rescue after jumping into that box, so all you'd have to do FD is find a way of nailing it on.

I'll have to try that wing cargo haulin task soon... looks interesting, I'm wondering though can it be done solo (solo ship) over a couple of trips or does it all have to leave the station at the same time?

"Access to port services including ship transferring/storage/retrieval/selling are limited if the player docks in a 'wanted' ship (bounties and fines) applicable in that jurisdiction, and where transfer is possible, the cost is increased"

Unbelievable , FDev's tweaks players / ship movement BUT without allowing the most important Quality of Life gameplay improvement

which is "Allowing players to move from Ship to Ship without Cargo following"

Storage
http://steamcommunity.com/app/359320/discussions/0/1473095965289270927/?ctp=2

ON Ship Temp Storage & OFF Ship Temp Storage
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/369641-Off-Ship-Storage-2-4-if-not-when

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom