General / Off-Topic Other good space games?

Do check out Star Citizen - although it's pricey and mercenary and hasn't delivered an awful lot more than pretty advert videos so far. If and when it does deliver it should be very cool.

(and while on the subject of yet-to-be-released games, No Man's Sky should also be cool, though there's the worrying spectre of console exclusivity)

Elites probably all the space sim you need. :)

But Star Citizen is coming. I dont know when.
Theres another one coming but I forgot its name, looks promising.

Kerbal space program, but I'm not sure that makes good use of a joystick. But still great if you havent played it.

Its all coming soon though, theres a complete lack, which is why having 3 come along at once is like that bus saying.

X series (poor mans elite)

Erm, and I think thats about it.

evochron mercenary - made by one person in basic

tachyon the fringe - great old skool game. light on trading but heavy on story.

freelancer - love the controls on this one.

darkstar one - more about combat than space trading though.

x 1/2/terran conflict - avoid rebirth until its heavily patched/fixed in the future.

I'm going with Oolite and previous Elite versions using all sorts of ports to get them to work on the PC.

Freelancer was fun but different in its own way.

I used to waste WEEKS playing Star Trek Klingon Academy.

And of course all the Wing Commanders... thanks for the freebie whoever posted that.. I know I have all the CDs stashed but I bet they made it work for newer computers... now if only WCIV was out that way..

I would like to suggest Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. Is pretty much a straight forward campaign, but I've had a lot of fun with it and it gave me some wonderful gaming moments. It can be found at GOG.com.

Top Bottom