News Starports "Under Repair": change to visibility of progress.

Out of curiosity, how do the materials and their quantity needed to repair a station compare to that of building a brand new station? There have been many CGs to build new stations, and it seems it took less materials to build a station from scratch than to repair a mostly viable, albeit damaged, station.

Out of curiosity, how do the materials and their quantity needed to repair a station compare to that of building a brand new station? There have been many CGs to build new stations, and it seems it took less materials to build a station from scratch than to repair a mostly viable, albeit damaged, station.

This time they will build platforms with AX weapons around the station to be prepared for future visists (uncomfirmed - I just made it up but it would make sense)

I've been pulling hundreds of tonnes of water purifier in my t-10 to titan's daughter since it went to repair but I never saw any of the numbers go down from day to day. It does make me wonder that is we don't get these stations repaired, then the thargoids move closer and closer into the bubble?

I think we've now got 9 out of 20 AEGIS stations out of action. I'm only speculating here but if all of them are out of action, do we 'loose' and the thargoids attack home worlds?

As far as AEGIS is concerned, I don't think they are INRA 2.0 but the ambiguous nature of 'are the thargoids really the bad guys/ a threat to humanity?' is getting my goat a little. I'm hoping this is cleared up soon, because without that clarity, we'll just have people not help out AEGIS because they think they're just INRA in different clothes and miss out on all the blowing up thargoid gameplay which has been awesome so far.

More generally, do we understand the process here or are we still just guessing.

Some stations get attacked. Is this just random (why is it always in groups of three)? Is there cause and effect or do Frontier just make the decision of which stations and when?

What causes a station to switch from attacked state to repair state? Is there cause and effect, is it after a fixed time or do Frontier make the decision? Is it possible for an attacked station to remain in attacked state? If not, unless new stations keep getting attacked (how/when? see previous point) then might we get to a time where there are no longer any attacked stations for players (who haven't yet witnessed this) to see?

What happens if we don't bother contributing to the repair state stations? How much do we care? What's our incentive to repair them?

So many questions. Have I missed a Cannon Science thread with the answers?

It’s going to get interesting when this reaches the bubble. Where’s the list of Agies research stations within the bubble again.

i think their the first to be hit and if their left in disrepair our war with goods is going to go badly. Interesting times.

They will stay in a state of disrepair until they're finally repaired, no matter how long this takes! So if you want your favourite station back up and running, get hauling!

Grind, grind,,, and more grind....at least the "grind-o-meter" has been recalibrated to better reflect the slower-than-expected progress in our....ahh....grind :p

o7

More generally, do we understand the process here or are we still just guessing.

Some stations get attacked. Is this just random (why is it always in groups of three)? Is there cause and effect or do Frontier just make the decision of which stations and when?

What causes a station to switch from attacked state to repair state? Is there cause and effect, is it after a fixed time or do Frontier make the decision? Is it possible for an attacked station to remain in attacked state? If not, unless new stations keep getting attacked (how/when? see previous point) then might we get to a time where there are no longer any attacked stations for players (who haven't yet witnessed this) to see?

What happens if we don't bother contributing to the repair state stations? How much do we care? What's our incentive to repair them?

So many questions. Have I missed a Cannon Science thread with the answers?

I hope that I'm wrong but so far the flow seems to go something like this;-

1. On the Thursday, every week three systems are attacked (Although it didn't happen over Christmas).
  2. There is a week to evacuate people.
  3. The station automatically moves to repair after a week
  4. Station is out of action until repaired
  5. Rinse and repeat until the stations get closer to the bubble.

The upshot being that if we want to keep the Thargoids away from the bubble, then we have to get the stations up and running again where the AGEIS Stations get hit again and again but it stops the Thargoid advance.

I am hoping that we do get a chance at station defence at some point.

1. On the Thursday, every week three systems are attacked (Although it didn't happen over Christmas).

The upshot being that if we want to keep the Thargoids away from the bubble, then we have to get the stations up and running again where the AGEIS Stations get hit again and again but it stops the Thargoid advance.

Station defence for Aegis?

Never for me, but other one would be welcome, f.e. Obsidian Orbital :D

OK, so here's one ... do we actually want to keep the Thargoids away from the bubble? If this was real then, for the sake of our lives, our loved ones and our way of life ... sure ... but it's a game and personally I'd be really interested to see Galileo station in Sol in flames. Is that wrong?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Good news! This reminds of a Cerberus Plague, where we had to get together and concentrate our efforts on just one of many affected stations to be able to get them back up and running.

Great stuff. I am thinking of organising a focused long-term action of repairing one of the affected stations. Definitely NOT one controlled by Aegis though :p

Good news! This reminds of a Cerberus Plague, where we had to get together and concentrate our efforts on just one of many affected stations to be able to get them back up and running.

Great stuff. I am thinking of organising a focused long-term action of repairing one of the affected stations. Definitely NOT one controlled by Aegis though :p

I will wait until you repair it and will use it with pleasure. I promise to mention your group in my Sundays prays :D

They will stay in a state of disrepair until they're finally repaired, no matter how long this takes! So if you want your favourite station back up and running, get hauling!

Which effectively means they will stay in disrepair forever. Or until you simply handwaive things.
The required amount is way more than a typical CG - and trading CGs in Pleiades never been popular.

Are you sure you want them repaired? Aegis is probably just a front for INRA. The Thargoids could have destroyed those stations but only disabled them. That's a political statement right there

Are you sure you want them repaired? Aegis is probably just a front for INRA. The Thargoids could have destroyed those stations but only disabled them. That's a political statement right there
Maybe if we dont repair them they'll come back and finish the job.

1. The players don't drive the story of the galaxy, FD does and will god mod whatever they want where to suit themselves. As a player why bother.

2. There are no rewards for getting the stations functional again. A few 100k for a cutter load is pathetic.

3. The stations offer nothing that can't be sourced elsewhere. No unique services or outfitting.

4. There is no player involvement in defending stations. They magically appear damaged on a Thursday without any player being able to do anything about it.

5. This is not fixing the root of the problem. Why are there no high pay missions for thargoid bounties or hearts. Why can we do nothing with the materials they drop months and months after 2.4 and why have the last 10 engineers not been unlocked.

6. The grind to get these stations online is obscene. Last time I checked this game wasn't free to play. Even if it were there is no benefit to players who get involved.

7. The gameplay surrounding these stations is neither rewarding, challenging, compelling or allowing player agency in the galaxy or story.

Please give your game design team a kick up the backside.

Last edited:
[where is it]Fix Obsidian orbital, scrap the rest, I am not gonna cry a river till the Thargoids and maybe the Guardians ice the rest of them and I have nowhere to land to swap my ships.

I see no point hauling stuff that distance to get not much more than I'd get selling it elsewhere thats easier to gry to and therefore more quickly repeatable.

Top Bottom