EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Yes, it seems CMDR Logs is broken for now! I will have to fix it before DW2 :eek:

Unlike other's I got my logs to work using the LOG prefix, but as soon as it would try to save I'd get a weird "Unhandled exception". I'll PM you the full error details.

For those who are not getting it to work at all, have you changed the default directory it puts your log files? When my husband was trying to get his to work it wasn't picking up his chat at all, even with the LOG prefix. The only difference I find between his setup and mine was that I had changed the directory it was saving to. Still waiting on seeing if that fixed it for him or not (he had to log off for other reasons), but I thought I'd offer that as a possible fix.

Warning: when I changed the directory it would save to it threw up an error and I had to quit EDProfiler and restart it. Not sure exactly what that bug was though, I didn't catch the error message.

Apologies if this is already answered somewhere - I did quick search and saw nothing.

I use this tool extensively, and I must express my gratitude for the immense amount of work :) I would like to know if there are plans to add icons on the scan results to show bio/geo/xeno signals on scanned bodies? Would be very helpful if possible? :D

I downloaded the V3.3 but i have an unhandled exception error every time i try to launch it. Tells me it could not find a part of the path. How do i go about fixing this?

Chat Log Tool - Unhandled Exception Error

Hi All, and thanks to Dr Kaii for making the Profiler - its a really nice tool for switching between playing in VR and non-VR!

I would love to use the Chat Log functionality, but sadly I'm one of the people who get an Unhandled Exception error if I click the "Live Chat Detection" button while Elite is running, or if I click the "Show Chat History" button. See this screenshot

Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone find a work-around for this issue?

I am using v3.3 of EDProfiler, and v0.4.6491.0 of the ED Client (64-bit).

Here are some things I've tried (without success):
  • Launch the Chat Logs tool before starting Elite. Result: it displays "Elite is not running" in the main window but does not throw an error. I must press the button again after launching the application; and the usual error is thrown.
  • Create an "EDChatLogs" folder under my "Documents" area (per a note in the tool about importing old chat logs). Result: No Effect.
  • Copy some "netlogs" files from the main ED application folder into the "EDChatLogs" directory. Result: No Effect.
  • Change the dates for viewing the Chat History. Result: No Effect.

I haven't done much coding in a few years, but IMHO it looks like one of the following items is a probable culprit:
  • An empty string is being passed into the Parse() function where a date/datetime value is required (perhaps because of a previous failure to find files or folders, and no check for a valid result on that earlier lookup result).
  • A string value needs to be reformatted or explicitly typecast into a date or datetime type/object, before being used in a function call
  • The wrong formatting/style parameters are being used in the call to the Parse() function

Here's the exception error output/trace:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
   at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at System.DateTime.Parse(String s)
   at EDProfiler.EDChatLog.logListPopulator()
   at EDProfiler.EDChatLog.DetectButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8937 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EDProfiler
    Assembly Version: 3.3.0.2
    Win32 Version: 3.3.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/noelw/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/DAD483MZ.X12/6HX74EAO.Y3T/edpr..tion_8fee7e9465259bde_0003.0003_a793c57b94be2780/EDProfiler.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8938 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8931 built by: WinRelRS4
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

Hope the included info/details helps, and thanks for any suggestions or ideas on how to get this working!

--Cmdr NWade

Hi, i use ED Profiler first for GUI Color Settings. I Play with Oculus Rift , Steam VR Mode. Is it Possible to launch this (Launch ED in Steam VR Mode) via ED Profiler? I have VR max Settings loaded, but alwys i hit "Start Elite" in ED Profiler it only shows me the Sandard Elite dangerous Launcher. CU Tomkin

Tomkin -

Yes, if you continue on from the standard E:D launcher and start up the game it *should* also start up the Oculus Rift software and display properly inside the VR headset.

One of the really nice things about EDProfiler is that you can switch between VR and non-VR fairly easily.

--Cmdr NWade

I downloaded the V3.3 but i have an unhandled exception error every time i try to launch it. Tells me it could not find a part of the path. How do i go about fixing this?
This is caused by a permissions thing with .NET I think. Google that particular error and you should find ways around it. Some Anti-Virus/Security software shuts those permissions needed down. I had to do the same thing, yet my husband didn't have a problem with his.

Hello all. I am having a issue with the log monitoring. I watched the video on how to setup and run it but for some reason when I take a screen shot using F10 it does not show up in the log like it should. Yes I have the screen shot ticked.

Any one know what to do to fix this?

How do you uninstall this App completely ?

Tried to do a reinstall, from scratch and after re-installing EdProfiler its still showing my messed up binds.

Using windows uninstaller leaves stuff behind and Revo didn't find anything either, has to do a search using search 'everything' found heaps of leftover stuff but unsure if it's this App or something else called EdProfiler as those file where in an Oculus folder

Last edited:
Dr Kaii, first off, thanks for the work you've put into this!

I got ED Profiler for the tone mapping, but only jumped on the party boat once tone mapping is no longer available. :*(

Any idea when that feature may be available again? Thanks for your effort.

Dr Kaii, first off, thanks for the work you've put into this!

I got ED Profiler for the tone mapping, but only jumped on the party boat once tone mapping is no longer available. :*(

Any idea when that feature may be available again? Thanks for your effort.

See

Yes that's why. Also, I just tried fiddling around with the new settings for a while but haven't been able to get Tone Maps working again. So yeah, looks like that was a nice thing while it lasted! I'll keep trying as always and feel free to email community@frontier.co.uk to ask them POLITELY to bring it back

Last edited:
Apologies if this is already answered somewhere - I did quick search and saw nothing.

I use this tool extensively, and I must express my gratitude for the immense amount of work :) I would like to know if there are plans to add icons on the scan results to show bio/geo/xeno signals on scanned bodies? Would be very helpful if possible? :D

What do you mean?

Try downloading and installing with IE instead of Chrome/FF. Send me the exception details otherwise: kaii@dr.com

Hi All, and thanks to Dr Kaii for making the Profiler - its a really nice tool for switching between playing in VR and non-VR!

I would love to use the Chat Log functionality, but sadly I'm one of the people who get an Unhandled Exception error if I click the "Live Chat Detection" button while Elite is running, or if I click the "Show Chat History" button. See this screenshot

Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone find a work-around for this issue?

I am using v3.3 of EDProfiler, and v0.4.6491.0 of the ED Client (64-bit).

Here are some things I've tried (without success):
  • Launch the Chat Logs tool before starting Elite. Result: it displays "Elite is not running" in the main window but does not throw an error. I must press the button again after launching the application; and the usual error is thrown.
  • Create an "EDChatLogs" folder under my "Documents" area (per a note in the tool about importing old chat logs). Result: No Effect.
  • Copy some "netlogs" files from the main ED application folder into the "EDChatLogs" directory. Result: No Effect.
  • Change the dates for viewing the Chat History. Result: No Effect.

I haven't done much coding in a few years, but IMHO it looks like one of the following items is a probable culprit:
  • An empty string is being passed into the Parse() function where a date/datetime value is required (perhaps because of a previous failure to find files or folders, and no check for a valid result on that earlier lookup result).
  • A string value needs to be reformatted or explicitly typecast into a date or datetime type/object, before being used in a function call
  • The wrong formatting/style parameters are being used in the call to the Parse() function

Here's the exception error output/trace:
Code:

at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

mscorlib
EDProfiler
    Assembly Version: 3.3.0.2
    Win32 Version: 3.3.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/noelw/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/DAD483MZ.X12/6HX74EAO.Y3T/edpr..tion_8fee7e9465259bde_0003.0003_a793c57b94be2780/EDProfiler.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8938 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

Hope the included info/details helps, and thanks for any suggestions or ideas on how to get this working!

--Cmdr NWade

See below.

Hello all. I am having a issue with the log monitoring. I watched the video on how to setup and run it but for some reason when I take a screen shot using F10 it does not show up in the log like it should. Yes I have the screen shot ticked.

Any one know what to do to fix this?

I am not sure! Maybe your antivirus? Can you try disabling it?

How do you uninstall this App completely ?

Tried to do a reinstall, from scratch and after re-installing EdProfiler its still showing my messed up binds.

Using windows uninstaller leaves stuff behind and Revo didn't find anything either, has to do a search using search 'everything' found heaps of leftover stuff but unsure if it's this App or something else called EdProfiler as those file where in an Oculus folder

It is installed to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0 somewhere. Also it has files in %documents%\EDProfiler. Bindings are read from the game directory itself each time you run the program, so I doubt an uninstall will fix this. What's the exact problem? email me: kaii@dr.com

I might take a while to respond, as very busy with DW2! Thanks everyone else who has correctly answered the other questions <3

FYI Just released an update for EDProfiler that should fix the CMDR Logs not working issue for most if not all, as well as the Chat Logs tool. I've also added all the new chat types, and a filter for the chat logs tool:

AQize5M.png

Hey there folk, I wonder if anyone else has seen this. When I make a screen shot and look in the CMDR Log the screen grab is on twice on the entry. I have to keep deleting 1 all the time.

I have been wanting to love this tool for the chat and log parts but they don't seem to work for me. For chat monitoring nothign happens at all. I do get an error when I click on Live Chat Detection. "String was not recognized as a valid DateTime."

Code:

mscorlib
EDProfiler
    Assembly Version: 3.3.0.3
    Win32 Version: 3.3.0.3
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Awol/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/XJWZ47GB.6GL/QGCWZ6TH.5W3/edpr..tion_8fee7e9465259bde_0003.0003_a891e4f2904699c0/EDProfiler.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8934 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Deployment
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

The CMDR Log now picked us when I type "LOG" in-game chat and adds to the log but the option of Log Jumps when in Expedition mode doesn't seem to do anything. Not sure what the others do but nothign changes on jumps and if I add more to the log it says it supplemental. I was expecting at least a new section in the Expedition log to print out the current system and then my text.

I try but nothing. The Pictures are saved in C:\Users\vincent\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous. But they do not show op on any log.
Is there any thing I need to set up when I first install program. Like telling it where directory is?

Top Bottom