Update 1.10.1 and the Community Challenge

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Coaster Pals!

Last week we celebrated Frontier's 25th birthday! As part of the celebration we gave you a sneaky challenge, place 25,000km of coaster track as a community before the deadline and we would reward everyone with a brand new F25 coaster!

Well, we've been monitoring all your progress in filling your parks with coaster track and we're excited to reveal that you succeeded in placing 25,000km of coaster track! As a reward the F25 will now be made available to everyone on Planet Coaster! Congratulations everyone, you did it!

PC_25th_coaster_screenshot_1_small.jpg

As well as the new coaster reward we also have a few fixes and improvements for Planet Coaster:

Update Notes

New Coaster
  • Celebrating 25 years of Frontier, the F25 coaster features a high speed wheel launch, a sleek car along with sportscar launching sound effects and the Argentum blueprint

Ride and Coaster Bug Fixes
  • Made the chair swinging on the Skies ride less erratic at high track speeds
  • Fixed an issue where the Wheel Lift track piece could not go faster than 9mph on the S.L.V
  • Fixed an issue where the changing track settings would reset the number of station passes
  • Fixed an issue suggested track pieces would not follow the roll of the previous track piece
  • Fixed an issue where the second station built in the Skies ride could not have its layout changed
  • Fixed an issue where the Grand Carousel and Elixir rides would not reach full capacity
  • Fixed an issue where paths could be placed through the station pieces of the Skies ride
  • Fixed an issue where the last tower on an incomplete Skies ride would rotate its sheaves
  • Fixed an issue where the number of trains would not update when adding shuttle launch sections to the S.L.V coaster
  • Fixed an issue where the harnesses would not open when guests boarded the Hyperjump and Ascension rides
  • Fixed an issue where terrain would collide with the bull wheel and drive wheel sections of the Skies ride
  • Fixed an issue where the magnetic brakes on the Vector coaster were on the wrong side of the track
  • Fixed an issue where the bull wheel and drive wheel would stop animating while guests were still on a closed Skies ride
  • Improved the textures at the end of chainlift sections on the Vector coaster

Scenery Bug Fixes
  • Improved upon an issue where video billboards would stutter during playback in complex parks
  • Improved the collision on the Power moves Backdrop - Display Panel so it fits better with the Power Moves ride

UI Bug Fixes
  • Due to valuable feedback, Position and Orientation of objects again uses the method used prior to 1.10. The newer mode can be selected in the game options under "Averaged Orientation in Advanced Move (Experimental)"
  • Fixed an issue where the red outline on obstructed objects would disappear when zooming
  • Fixed an issue where cancelling the Autocomplete on a tracked ride would cause the UI not to update
  • Stopped the music drop down closing when a transport ride entered its station
  • Fixed an issue where the order of track pieces on the Power Up coaster was inconsistent with other coasters

Audio Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where the number of audio voices could become very high on the Skies ride
  • Fixed an issue where the bull wheel audio on the Skies ride would get louder at faster game speeds
  • Fixed an issue where the Aces Sky's chainlift could continue to make sounds when closed
  • Music tracks are now correctly translated for Korean and Traditional Chinese
  • Fixed an issue where smoothing height on the Skies ride could stop its audio from playing
  • Fixed an issue where the audio of the Skies ride would continue while guests were being let off

Nice to finally see a B&M sitdown coaster. It is only a shame that, as the same as for the flying coaster, the frontcar is so specifically themed instead of a more general model. In my opinion, more coaster trains should be available for multiple coasters, allowing you to use different themes, or let it fit into more generic themes.

I mean more different coaster trains per model/coastertype. For example within this type of a B&M sitdown coaster, have a train with a nose in the shape of a car, other possibilities as for example a rocket ship, and a more general one. For the Arrow suspended (swinging coaster), they have offered a nice generic coach, but besides people could also want that train in the shape of an airplane or a bird. I think in this way they could add much more possibilities.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. I think they did a really good job of making it look a bit car-ish but not SO much that it necessarily has to be car-themed. If I didn't know exactly what the front car of a B&M sit down coaster looks like I could easily imagine that this is just a normal front car for this kind of rollercoaster. It's both themed and not themed depending on what you need it to be.

All sounds AMAZING ... BUT... what about the big issue of the slow loading menus and cobra screen and lag because of the Toolkit items? All the other stuff is wonderful but without those issues fixed people with big parks or lots of Toolkit item subscriptions still won't be able to play normally.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
All sounds AMAZING ... BUT... what about the big issue of the slow loading menus and cobra screen and lag because of the Toolkit items? All the other stuff is wonderful but without those issues fixed people with big parks or lots of Toolkit item subscriptions still won't be able to play normally.

We continue to investigate these issues. We're sure you can appreciate that some issues can take longer than others but we're still working to make sure you can have the best experience.

We continue to investigate these issues. We're sure you can appreciate that some issues can take longer than others but we're still working to make sure you can have the best experience.

Good to hear you all work hard on this issue, hopefully it will be fixed really soon. The toolkit items are impossibly to use this way.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the new coaster, Frontier, and once again congratulations on your 25th Anniversary! :D

The Frontier logo looks very nice on the front of the coaster train.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. I think they did a really good job of making it look a bit car-ish but not SO much that it necessarily has to be car-themed. If I didn't know exactly what the front car of a B&M sit down coaster looks like I could easily imagine that this is just a normal front car for this kind of rollercoaster. It's both themed and not themed depending on what you need it to be.

They apparently even added unnecessary, mandatory sound effects! Kinda hard to ignore the car theme then eh?

Last edited:
Top Bottom