IMPORTANT: Update 1.6 - Studios Pack LIVE now!

Gold Fever cars now swing when placed on other track types

Bit disappointed with this one, I was making a coaster using this because of the fact that the camera is locked to the car and doesn't wobble like every other coaster cam (like seriously, when testing a coaster and the camera zooms down to the test dummies legs ((same with logflume actually)) its really annoying) Anyway, I guess that project is in the bin now.

I wouldn't mind so much if the camera's were fixed, the cam closer to the track is supposedly better, but even sometimes with that it hangs half off the track.

Last edited:
Great job Frontier on the DLC Studios Pack and the free 1.6 update. I'm really liking this DLC and free update. Hands down one of my favorite DLC packs so far.

"Fixed an issue where chain lift block sections would not slow high-speed coaster trains"
This wasn't an issue.
A chain lift doesn't even have any braking mechanism, so how is this even possible?

Bit disappointed with this one, I was making a coaster using this because of the fact that the camera is locked to the car and doesn't wobble like every other coaster cam (like seriously, when testing a coaster and the camera zooms down to the test dummies legs ((same with logflume actually)) its really annoying) Anyway, I guess that project is in the bin now.

I wouldn't mind so much if the camera's were fixed, the cam closer to the track is supposedly better, but even sometimes with that it hangs half off the track.

It would be cool to give that coaster a Tickbox to lock the Cars in place. Or even a Trackpiece that locks/unlocks it, this way you can do what you want :)

Also, i did some initial Testing yesterday with the Color changing feature: I applied that to the Lights to try and dim them by fading to black and back again. But i it currently only works with the moving Heads (which is awesome) but not with any other light.

I would really like that feature to be working on the Area Lights especially, because with them i could control the Lights in my darkrides even more. Because through this, i could dim the lights :D Right now, they don't cast any light anymore when you apply the color changing. Only thing that happens is the LEDs on the Area Light change color.

Last edited:
"Fixed an issue where chain lift block sections would not slow high-speed coaster trains"
This wasn't an issue.
A chain lift doesn't even have any braking mechanism, so how is this even possible?
A coaster train has the spring-loaded anti-rollback devices on the bottom of the cars which pass over the ratchet mounted to the lift hill which causes a fair bit of resistance as the train passes over them at speed, as would the mechanism which actually engages the lift chain.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Thanks for all of your lovely feedback, coaster friends! Remember to report to the Bug forum if you have any issues with the pack!
<3

A coaster train has the spring-loaded anti-rollback devices on the bottom of the cars which pass over the ratchet mounted to the lift hill which causes a fair bit of resistance as the train passes over them at speed, as would the mechanism which actually engages the lift chain.

I'm sorry, I have to agree with Bitter here.

The roll back is designed to make sure the train doesn't roll back. The effect you describe is minimal and not noticable at all when sitting on a train. Gravity does most of the trick.

Besides, several companies (Vekoma for instance) have developed magnetic devices, which means, as long as the wheels are turning in a forward direction, magnetism makes sure the rollback device stays in it's "up" position. As soon as the car travels backwards or stands still, there is no magnetism/electricity produced so the device is in it's "down position".

edit: I just noticed the patent for this is licensed to Disney, but I bet, because Vekoma is main supplier, that Vekoma has something to do with this as well.
https://patents.google.com/patent/U...netic+anti-rollback&oq=magnetic+anti-rollback

Last edited:
Loving the Studio DLC Frontier - thank you for all you hard work.

Was playing with the drop tower ride last night. Looks great, planning on making a Hollywood tower-esque ride, with an actual hotel built in!

Y' know... because we can!

[happy]

Last edited:
Still says "two new coasters" on Steam news regarding the Studios release. It's a cruel mistake... I got so excited thinking we were finally getting a Schwarzkopf coaster.

Mm hmm. But what they did allows the smallest unit of chain mechanism stop an 80mph train dead.

Mm hmm. But what they did allows the smallest unit of chain mechanism stop an 80mph train dead.

That was actually a bug in RCT3 and I was glad that it didn´t happen in PC.
I think it was neat that you could use a small piece of chain on a moderate incline to fake an anti-rollback device and it would still work as a block.

Last edited:
That was actually a bug in RCT3 and I was glad that it didn´t happen in PC.
I think it was neat that you could use a small piece of chain on a moderate incline to fake an anti-rollback device and it would still work as a block.

I don't know about B&M because it's patented by Disney. (https://patents.google.com/patent/U...netic+anti-rollback&oq=magnetic+anti-rollback)
But I do know that since the new trains are on the Python in the Efteling, that one has such a device. Vekoma does most Disney coasters so I bet there is a small deal there.

Last edited:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

Hope that you’re all enjoying the Studios Pack!
I just wanted to let you know that, as we always do after a big update to the base game, we are currently gathering your feedback and reviewing any bug reports. The team are working very hard on some known issues, please bear with us as we are working on a few bug fixes and we’re expecting an update to be released next week! Also, please keep reporting any issues to us via the Bug forums!

Thanks for understanding!

Really pleased with the Studios Pack, which brings 3 great new ride types to the game. The only disappointment is that Frontier haven't included one really good pre-designed attraction for each type that you can simply place in your park and have a play with (there is one fairly poor example of Re-Motion and nothing for Big Screen Tour and Horror Heights) plus no new scenarios to tackle.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Really pleased with the Studios Pack, which brings 3 great new ride types to the game. The only disappointment is that Frontier haven't included one really good pre-designed attraction for each type that you can simply place in your park and have a play with (there is one fairly poor example of Re-Motion and nothing for Big Screen Tour and Horror Heights) plus no new scenarios to tackle.

There is a horror heights blueprint! it's a flatride [big grin]

Playing with the new textures and I noticed the darker concrete and tarmac don’t really match up with the street-like pathing. That’s kind of a bummer. Maybe that can be fixed in the future.

My main issue with the new stuff is the brownstone lit windows look really washed out during the day compared to the previous windows. They look fine at night though.

Top Bottom