Update 1.6.1

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello everyone,

We've updated Planet Coaster this morning to version 1.6.1! This update consists primarily of scenery bug fixes. Details below:

Scenery Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the Park Side Hotel blueprint required the Studios Pack DLC
  • Fixed an issue with paralax on the new concrete and asphalt textures
  • Improved the naming of the Fall and Dive animatronics in the Studios Pack DLC

Staff, Guests and Facilities Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where hotels could cause visiting guests to exit with low happiness and needs

Hello everyone,

We've updated Planet Coaster this morning to version 1.6.1! This update consists primarily of scenery bug fixes. Details below:

Scenery Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the Park Side Hotel blueprint required the Studios Pack DLC
  • Fixed an issue with paralax on the new concrete and asphalt textures
  • Improved the naming of the Fall and Dive animatronics in the Studios Pack DLC

Staff, Guests and Facilities Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where hotels could cause visiting guests to exit with low happiness and needs

Thanks a lot [big grin]

[where is it]

"Improved the naming of the Fall and Dive animatronics..."

Not since "kerb" was changed to "curb" has there been a bug more deserving of.... something something sarcasm etc... please fix the actual scenery bugs like the iron chimey texture as brianjuh94 above mentions. An iron chimney should not look like something you find in the bathroom cupboard. [mouth shut]

[where is it]
Not since "kerb" was changed to "curb" has there been a bug more deserving of.... something something sarcasm etc... please fix the actual scenery bugs like the iron chimey texture as brianjuh94 above mentions. An iron chimney should not look like something you find in the bathroom cupboard. [mouth shut]

I was about to ask the same thing.

Unfortunately i can confirm this has not been fixed. I still have a snowy white chimney on top of my buildings

Good stuff! I’m sure the other bugs are being worked on - it’s only been a week after all. Sarcasm is not really needed.

Good stuff! I’m sure the other bugs are being worked on - it’s only been a week after all. Sarcasm is not really needed.

Ohh No.. it's definitely needed since now they are going just as silent on the bug reports as they are talking about the game in general. Not to mention.. we went 4 months without a patch at all. (NOT DLC, but a general patch) I personally don't want to go another 4 months to see another patch that still doesn't fix things that have been messed up for more than a year now.

The QA team probably work separately from the other parts and the lack of response doesn't necessarily mean they haven't seen it . . .

Doesn't mean they have, either. This is what it looks like when QA's done something:

Thanks for the report, I have logged the issue and we will investigate further.

Thanks for the report. I have logged this issue and we'll check it out! [happy]

Thanks for the reports everyone, this issue has been logged and is currently being investigated. [happy]

Thanks for the report. I have reproduced and logged this issue for further consideration. [happy]

Thanks for the report. I have checked our database and this is something we have logged and it's under investigation. [happy]

Thanks for the update. This is an issue that we are aware of and the situation is currently being discussed internally. [happy]

[rolleyes]

If I could upvote you Kick. I would do so. I'm really glad I'm not the only one who's seeing these issues and frustrated by them. Planet Coaster is a great game with a great potential to be so much better than it is. Instead it's like they are kicking it to the curb to work on some other game that they think is going to make them a bunch of money. Problem is.. it's a quick cash game. THeres not going to be any potential to keep people coming back to JWE after its finished. THeres no long game. Its an IP based game not original at all which means they have to rely on a contract for the game and when the contract is up, so is the games lifespan.. Once the demand is over for that game. its done. While Planco on the other hand. When managed correctly has so much more potential to play that long game. DLC, continued play, a devoted fan base (even when we are complaining) . But when you treat you're fans like they don't matter, their opinions don't matter, they don't deserve any news, or dev diaries, or anythin glike that about plans for the game til a couple of days before its released. Or when you start ignoring the bugs reported. Then that reputation that you want. is going to fall. I for one have pretty much lost faith in Frontier for this game.

TO be hoenst.. at this rate.. by the next dLC and patch.. the colors of everything in the game is going to be completely white, and not fixed.

I'm also not sure which is worse. The poor decisions made by Frontier with development of Planet Coaster, or the people who support them blindly, and obliviously.

I do still stand by the fact though that if they put in an effort this game can be one of the greatest games ever made. By effort I mean.. not rushing out an unfinished (and seeminly untested) patch and DLC. There are so many things that you can tell were jsut rushed. THeres no video on the Remotion blueprint ride in the parabolic screen. Triggers aren't working right on many of the other offiicial blueprints. I mean.. how was this not seen in testing before release.

I also want to say that if Frontier did do dev diaries.. if they showed us stuff they are working on beforehand, (not a few days before release) we can ask questions, we can give our opinions, we can help make the updates better. THere are going to be those that are going to complain or those who are going to be angry because maybe somethign they discussed didn't make the cut. But if they are open with WHY, I think most of us would be understandable. But no.. what we get is we're talk when we are ready.. or.. gflat out lies like.. We can't do glass, even though they already did glass previously.. and now its in teh game. But.. THey can't do glass.. sigh

Top Bottom