Best wishes to Frontier in the preparation of the first Planet Coaster livestream

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Title says it all.

Nerves frayed, tempers running high, fingers chewed, another coffee down, quietly confident and eager to show of their masterpiece.

All eyes on Frontier this evening... No pressure like!

Don't set your expectations too high. While we might see some clips from the game, this is effectively a video Q&A with the opportunity to ask questions live. Frontier have done similar with Elite. It's always fun and informative, but don't expect them to be playing the game.

I'm looking forward to it. We keep using RCTW as a comparison, but this will be different.
During the last Atari live stream which was empty and was 50 minutes of my life I'll never get back, Matt evaded the wall of questions the fans were desperately asking by flippantly saying, There's no questions, everyone is in awe at what they've seen. How sodding dismissive and disrespectful to the fans.

Now this Planet Coaster live stream is all about answering our questions amongst whatever else they want to discuss. And even if we don't see any live gameplay, there's no way they won't show any clips. Look at how they've been presenting the game so far. Whatever our expectations are, they always smack us round the chops with more. They also look at what Atari do, have a giggle, and then smash it out the park with how it should be done.
So I'm sure we'll come away from this feeling happy and with lots of exciting things to discuss.

Now this Planet Coaster live stream is all about answering our questions amongst whatever else they want to discuss. And even if we don't see any live gameplay, there's no way they won't show any clips. Look at how they've been presenting the game so far. Whatever our expectations are, they always smack us round the chops with more. They also look at what Atari do, have a giggle, and then smash it out the park with how it should be done.
So I'm sure we'll come away from this feeling happy and with lots of exciting things to discuss.

I quite agree Nemmie, but I think John will only give us answers that he can actually deal with. Some questions on the long list, that don't relate to the Artwork side of things may not get answered as he did say that we will get the opportunity to ask other members of the team in future live streams. But I am really looking forward to what John has to say and maybe yes, we might see a few more clips about the design, that we haven't seen before, maybe some new character that will be in the game or some new theming art work.

I wasn't being negative in my post, I'm just aware that sometimes this community can get carried away with their expectations (unsurprising given what Frontier have shown so far!) and that it's best to go into these things with low expectations and be blown away than to go in with high expectations and be disappointed. Frontier's livestreams are always fun, informative and worth watching, but sometimes their developers can be a little stymied as they aren't allowed to answer certain questions if they would spoil something they plan to reveal at a later date.

Unfortunately they also always schedule the livestreams at 7pm which clashes with my son's bath / bedtime. So I probably won't be there to join in the fun, but will catch up later.

xyphic and Coasterbuff, you're both absolutely right.
The point is that I'm sure John will still not be answering every question with, "Eeerm. We can't answer that right now, but we'll show something about that.....soon. I'm super-excited to say it's all looking awesome etc, etc blah, blah, blah"

And besides. We're still a long way to go before release. Things can change. I wouldn't expect, or want everything to be revealed.

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
I'm just happy that we get one, this is what's going to happen for me...

"Hi guys and welcome to the Planet Coa..."

704257793.jpg

I was thinking the same thing. Without being extremely critical, I'm already confident we'll be getting a great game. However, I hope it is showcased in a great light like it deserves to be today. With the quality of everything they've released so far such as the Dev Diaries, I'm sure they won't be coming to the live stream with people who cannot even operate the system themselves *shade towards the competition*

Good luck guys! [heart]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I'm just happy that we get one, this is what's going to happen for me...

"Hi guys and welcome to the Planet Coa..."

704257793.jpg

Oh yeah! I'll be there! I'll be ready with chocolate and a nice drink, enjoying the excitement like I'm going to watch an amazing movie! And to make it even better, it's interactive!

Woohoo! [big grin] [up]

Oh yeah! I'll be there! I'll be ready with chocolate and a nice drink, enjoying the excitement like I'm going to watch an amazing movie! And to make it even better, it's interactive!

Woohoo! [big grin] [up]

I'm in bed with a nasty case of the flu, but wouldn't miss this for the world...got my laptop with me just waiting for it to begin. Just without the chocolate and drink [ugh]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom