The "Can I Run Planet Coaster" thread

you need the absolute fastest cpu clock speeds you can more than core count, i am using a ryzen 7 1800x and planet coaster uses all the cores, but as the park gets bigger, frames drop fast, you will be fine until your park gets very large. i plan on upgrading once again to the 8700k at 5ghz just so i can have a larger park, this game has amazing graphics, but it really needs to be optimized more for cores rather than clock speeds, we haven't seen over a 4.8-5.0 ghz in years, and until amd or intel can break that barrier, this game will never run well. we should already have 6 and 7 ghz cpu's. anyway in your situation i would buy the amd ryzen 5 1600 and overclock it to 4ghz if you can, with at least 16gb of system ram and a gtx 1060 or higher. i realize ram prices are sky high, but if you hold out, ram prices will drop eventually. also the new ryzen refresh chips come out in febuary and ryzen 2 comes out in june, the good news is the new ryzen chips will work in current ryzen motherboards for the next 5 years.happy holidays.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and game itself, because I didn't know if my pc can run PC without a graphics card (I#m still saving my money for it^^)

I bought the game recently in the steam sale and I tested the game and played a bit.
Planet Coaster is playable on minimum settings, but I'm looking forward to the moment when I install a new graphics card^^.
And here are my specs:

Intel i7 7700K with Intel HD630 GPU
GSkill DDR4-2133 Ripjaws V - 32GB

I just wanted to share my experience, so with an internal gpu only you may be able to play the game.

Merry Christmas for you all
Caine

marcell..... i have seen tests where intel almost always beat AMD in tests. i came from an i5 to an i7, DO NOT GET an i5 or equivalent. i was only getting about 3/4 done with my parks with very little scenery and zero guests. now i can go a lot further with lots of guests with my i7-7700K. i HIGHLY recommend saving up and waiting out a sale (right now might be a great time for that) getting an i5 now will give you a minimal bump for all that money and hassle. even if you get a 4._+GHz CPU you will still eventually bog down on your own parks and others downloadable large parks. we just need to learn to make small parks and slowly expand one small section at a time from there. this game will bring ANY computer to its knees eventually, so you are still 'limiting' yourself quite a bit with an i5. dont say i didnt warn you.

this is my christmas present to you. MC.

whats strange on my amd 1800x, all my 16 threads are active, but as i explained ealier , get as many cores and as fast of a cpu you can afford, right now the 8700k would be the best option.

But how will it run? I saw something about FPS drops.

It should run fine, but it still depends on the amount of scenery you place.

But your pc is more than capable of running the game.

Nobody can actually tell how the game will run, because it depends on a lot of variables, including already installed and simultaniously running software applications, as well as depending on the amount of scenery placed and amount of peeps in the park (where you can have full control over).

Last edited:
But how will it run? I saw something about FPS drops.

That depends on how much you build, but you should have no problem really unless you build Silvarret style. My brother basically has the exact same specs as you, and I've never heard him complain yet. Which is unusual actually [mouth shut]

Last edited:
First post here. I was running RCT3 on an I3 for my kids, and decided to upgrade. I recently built a computer and the game seems to run pretty flawlessly!

Core i7-7700k 4.2
GeForce GTX 1080, 8gb superclocked
16gb DDR4-3000 ram

Kids are loving the game!

Will it coaster?

Hello people of the thread. I have Planet Coaster but my poor (only 3 years old) computer is not up to speed for the game. With so many different processors and graphics cards (and me not knowing the difference) out there, hoping you guys can tell me if this computer is up to running Planet Coaster without glitching out all the time?

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Ultra GUA600 Gaming Desktop PC with AMD FX-6300 Processor, 16GB Memory, 2TB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home

AMD FX-6300 processor
3.5 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 4.1 GHz), 8MB Cache

16RAM system memory
Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

2TB Hard Drive
Store up to 1,300,000 photos, 571,000 songs or 1,053 hours of video and more

24x DVD-+RW Dual-Layer SuperMulti drive
Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet
Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
4GB of dedicated graphics memory

Thanks for your expertise and help!

Hello people of the thread. I have Planet Coaster but my poor (only 3 years old) computer is not up to speed for the game. With so many different processors and graphics cards (and me not knowing the difference) out there, hoping you guys can tell me if this computer is up to running Planet Coaster without glitching out all the time?

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Ultra GUA600 Gaming Desktop PC with AMD FX-6300 Processor, 16GB Memory, 2TB Hard Drive and Windows 10 Home

AMD FX-6300 processor
3.5 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 4.1 GHz), 8MB Cache

16RAM system memory
Gives you the power to handle most power-hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

2TB Hard Drive
Store up to 1,300,000 photos, 571,000 songs or 1,053 hours of video and more

24x DVD-+RW Dual-Layer SuperMulti drive
Watch movies and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet
Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
4GB of dedicated graphics memory

Thanks for your expertise and help!

The processor might be a bit on the low end side but overall you shouldnt have any problems with running the game!

The processor might be a bit on the low end side but overall you shouldnt have any problems with running the game!

Watch out! I have a FX-6350 which is slightly faster than the Processor in that rig and Im having fps-issues even on low to medium settings with only 1000 guests... Rest of the system is nearly equal to the one chillywilly mentioned.

Can i run it at a stable fps?

Hey guys, i want to buy this game but i saw all the threads about the bad optimization if you get too creative. I have this pc

*i5-7400 3,5ghz
*gtx 1050ti 4gb asus oc (1080p monitor)
*16gb ram 2133mHz
*win 10 64bit (no bloatware or unecessary programs)
*hdd seagate barracuda 7200rpm 1TB
Can i run it with let s say 5000 people at a stable fps like let's say 30fps 1080p?
And in the future this game will be more stable and have higher fps?

So I have an AMD FX 4300 Quad core processor, 8 GB of ram and an AMD Radeon R7200 series graphics card and my frame rate is terrible. Im forced to play at the lowest settings and even then the frame rate isn't great either unless I'm in a very small park (highest I get is about 30-35 fps). Idk literally anything about computers so idk if it's my setup not being able to handle the game or if it's the game just not being optimized or something. Can anyone enlighten me please.

Hey guys, i want to buy this game but i saw all the threads about the bad optimization if you get too creative. I have this pc

*i5-7400 3,5ghz
*gtx 1050ti 4gb asus oc (1080p monitor)
*16gb ram 2133mHz
*win 10 64bit (no bloatware or unecessary programs)
*hdd seagate barracuda 7200rpm 1TB
Can i run it with let s say 5000 people at a stable fps like let's say 30fps 1080p?
And in the future this game will be more stable and have higher fps?
Your PC can run this game fine. But as you build bigger, more detailed parks the FPS is going to drop. That is not your PC’s problem, because everybody has that. It’s not a game issue either. The more scenery you have in a game, the more demanding it’ll be on your hardware. Every game is like that. GTA5 requires more of your hardware than Minecraft, because it is more detailed and has a lot of things going on at the same time. I personally think that Frontier has done a good job on optimizing the game so far!

So I have an AMD FX 4300 Quad core processor, 8 GB of ram and an AMD Radeon R7200 series graphics card and my frame rate is terrible. Im forced to play at the lowest settings and even then the frame rate isn't great either unless I'm in a very small park (highest I get is about 30-35 fps). Idk literally anything about computers so idk if it's my setup not being able to handle the game or if it's the game just not being optimized or something. Can anyone enlighten me please.
To me it seems like your PC isn’t good enough. The FX 4300 CPU is one of the worst AM3+ CPU’s out there. I don’t know what GPU you have (there are multiple GPU’s within the R7 200 series, some are really good, some are really sh*t). You can try lowering the resolution a bit, going from 1080p to around 720p for me sometimes gives me 20FPS more! :p

Last edited:
Which laptop..i live in england and have no idea which is the perfect laptop to get..

So I have only been on there forums a few days and have noticed that there are a lot of people asking about min specs and can my computer run it and what not and after a while they start to get annoying so I have decided to start a thread dedicated to this one question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offical System Requirements as of 21/1/2018

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel i5-2300/AMD FX-4300
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 560 (2GB)/AMD Radeon 7850 (2GB)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel i7-4770/AMD FX-8350
Memory: 12 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 980 (4GB)/AMD R9 380 (4GB)
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 8 GB available space

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offical minimum requirements for Planet Coaster alpha:
Windows 7 64bit or newer
Intel Core i5 -2300, AMD FX-4300 or better
8GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 560 / ATI Radeon 7850 Graphics card with 2GB of Graphics Memory or better

My observations of performance so far
PC build for reference
6700k (4.0ghz)
32gb RAM
980ti (1367mhz)

all settings as high as I could make them

my park consists of about 1800 people with 8 flat rides and 4 very small modular buildings and one medium sized coaster.
CPU is sitting around 90% load.
GPU is hitting 100% load but jumps up and down quite a bit to below 70% with about 2.5gb of video memory used and never exceeds 70c with no more than 50% fan load.
RAM is constantly sitting around 1.2gb used.
FPS is hovering around 70.

just for reference for people wondering what the performance is like.

Here is a crappy screen shot of the park (dont know how to resize)
http://puu.sh/nQsXN/b2a2599f0a.bmp

[bored][woah] Heey ive been trying to figure out which laptop would be the best to buy because theres so many options..i just wanna make sure i can get Planet Coaster on the laptop..You see i live inn england and not very good with computer language XD

Can My Laptop Run Planet Coaster ?

Hi , I Have and Asus Laptop , and I Wanna know if my laptop Can Run it ?

Laptop Specs :

GPU : GTX 1060 Mobile or just GTX 1060

CPU : i7-7700 HQ

16 GB RAM

Directx 12

Windows 10 home 64bits

C:/ Drive as SSD

D:/ Drive as HDD

So if I Have my Laptop all ready to go and plugged to the charging power brick on , What Fps Should i get if i have :

- A Big Park on High Settings :

- A Big Park on Ultra Settings :

- A Big Park on Medium Settings :

And What About the Same Settings reffered before in a Medium Park and a Small Park , What FPS Should i get ?

Please Be Honest and Sincerely .

Thx you for your Support .

Edit to my Question

Hi , I Have and Asus Laptop , and I Wanna know if my laptop Can Run it ?

Laptop Specs :

GPU : GTX 1060 Mobile or just GTX 1060

CPU : i7-7700 HQ

16 GB RAM

Directx 12

Windows 10 home 64bits

C:/ Drive as SSD

So if I Have my Laptop all ready to go and plugged to the charging power brick on , What Fps Should i get if i have :

- A Big Park on High Settings :

- A Big Park on Ultra Settings :

- A Big Park on Medium Settings :

And What About the Same Settings reffered before in a Medium Park and a Small Park , What FPS Should i get ?

Please Be Honest and Sincerely .

Thx you for your Support .

Edit :

And Whit All This Can My Computer/Laptop run Planet Coaster , Good, Medium , Bad, Very Good or Excellent .

Hey SirDuarte!

With those specs you can run the game without problems! However, it is almost impossible to tell how much FPS you will get since it depends on many different factors (part count, ride count, guest count, etc) and not really the size of the park overall. However, with those specs you will have no problems getting acceptable performance on high settings in a 'medium' park. Note that the game will slow down the more objects you place, more rides, guests etc and no matter how strong your computer is, you will always reach its limits with this game. [tongue]

Top Bottom