Famine Systems Not Found, Hunting Wakes

DTEA has a video suggesting looking for famine systems to hunt for wakes for FSD upgrades.

However, for some reason, I can't find one. I checked both on the Gal Map, then I checked EDDB, nothing. o_O?!!?
So... Since the entire galaxy seems to be well fed these days, (gotta be a bug in the BGS) What's the next best hunting?

Go to the Jameson crashed Cobra for all your data needs. Scan the 4 beacons and get adaptive encryptor captures almost every time. That's a G5 mat. Then go to the data trader for what you need.

HIP 12099
Planet 1B

Does CZ losing team high or low wake?

Might be a good opportunity for wake scans there, if they high wake.
Especially if you time your CZ win just after enemy reinforcements arrive.

According to Inara.cz, there are 3 systems:
  1. Col 285 Sector XA-E c12-26
  2. Mingfu
  3. 4 Sextantis

Welp, that's it then. Col 285 doesn't have a distribution center, those are not always in famine systems, so, no dice there, and the other two are permit locked.

So, EDDB had none, Inara had 3 of which 2 are permit locked and 1 didn't have the target site. Man, the galaxy seems to be well fed these days no matter the costs of war.

I know this same task can be done at star ports, (scanning wakes) is there a way to find a 'busy' star port? I tried tourists already, and that had very little traffic. I know in the past I've seen busy places, so much that getting in past all the NPCs was tricky. I got all the manipulators digging through the rubble in a Outbreak system, seems to be good for that at least. I am more scavenger these days then anything else.

I know this same task can be done at star ports, (scanning wakes) is there a way to find a 'busy' star port?

Pretty much any starport in a system with high population (billions). There are many systems that would qualify around Shinrarta and Sol (without having to visit either :) ).

So, EDDB had none, Inara had 3 of which 2 are permit locked and 1 didn't have the target site. Man, the galaxy seems to be well fed these days no matter the costs of war.
Well, dead bugs do provide a lot of protein. Stick 'em into food cartridges and the population will be none the wiser.

Well, I finally got enough for my engine upgrade, my GOD! and this is the non-random version? I've been away from the game for a long time, and decided to come back after a long stint in NMS, and this is what I find.... good grief. I took the mats I had managed to find to trade in at the materials trader, that station happened to be really busy that got me the rest for the data trader to finish off the shopping list..... but this seems no shorter then the random randomness before? Did I just have a bad run or is it just the old black is the new black with a different name?

edit: Thank you everyone to helped me figure this out.

edit 2: I guess with all the Thargoid leftovers, I guess that explains the well fed Galaxy.....?

Last edited:
Top Bottom