Here's why I would choose a PC only focus

Here's my reasoning posted in a different thread. I think it cant be explained enough, therefore I devote this thread to a pc only focus.

I know it would cost me quite some to have a proper gaming PC, but here's why I sincerely hope JWE2 (if its going to exist) is PC only:

Gaming consoles will ALWAYS stay behind in both 1 graphic and 2 gaming complexity opportunities compared to PC.
How this works: gaming consoles are as good as their hardware at the point of design and production. 1.) At the start of production consoles are good at what they do (though already behind to the pc hardware at the top of the market at that point in time). From that point onwards, their comparative capabilities decline as a function of continuous hardware development. The flexibility for pc gamers to install new parts along the way keeps them having better graphics.
2.) Consoles are designed to be sleek and easy to store. Hardcore gaming pc rigs are made to have enough space for advanced coolingsystems, better processors (with a focus on forward compatibility) and the like.
3.) Consoles still are lacking in player control in their basic production, wherefore games have to be less complex.

Keep in mind Im an xbox enthousiast. Though saving up for a proper pc gaming rig. Why? Watch this:
Source: https://youtu.be/rT2Wf8K1Neo

Its showing one of the new gaming engines with photoreallistic rendering. There's two of these now currently. The next consoles might (or might not, thats currently not known) be able to render these graphics, but think about how much complexity it must be able to handle too if you want a more complex in depth game.

Long story short, there will be more complex games that consoles might only be able to handle in their next generation. By that time there will be newer and more complex games. The opportunities for a potential JWE2 will always be bigger if it would be pc only. Its a good choice to keep planet zoo for pc only.

Im writing this not to offend us consoleplayers nor too make others feel bad. I'm writing this to advice 1. Frontier: please focus on pc only! And 2. Consoleplayers: save up for gaming rigs if you want that dreamgame.

Do you really think Universal is going to let Frontier make a only P.C Game after this? After the success of Jurassic world evolution selling over 2 million copies and still is selling copies to this day and the majority of those sales were console. Also Universal has a contract with both Microsoft and Sony do you really think that they're all going to give up their huge Megabucks over just making a PC in this age where now PC games are now converting to console like War thunder and World of warships for example a converting their games to console. I doubt Universal will let Frontier just converted to PC Jurassic world Evolution 2 considering that also the new Microsoft consoles and Sony consoles are even going to rival the PC in 2020 giving people more options on whether you want PC or console. I can't wait to see since all digital is going to be the future and pretty soon the consoles and the PCS will be tow to tow when it comes to technology. Remember man only money talks to Universal and so far they want to make sure that their product is sold on both platforms PC and console. although I think Universal should have let Frontier make two different Park simulation Jurassic World games like for example Jurassic world Evolution could stay on consoles for now while they could make another Jurassic World Park simulation game similar to Jurassic world Evolution except with more variety but for P.C.

Last edited:
Here's my reasoning posted in a different thread. I think it cant be explained enough, therefore I devote this thread to a pc only focus.

I know it would cost me quite some to have a proper gaming PC, but here's why I sincerely hope JWE2 (if its going to exist) is PC only:

Gaming consoles will ALWAYS stay behind in both 1 graphic and 2 gaming complexity opportunities compared to PC.
How this works: gaming consoles are as good as their hardware at the point of design and production. 1.) At the start of production consoles are good at what they do (though already behind to the pc hardware at the top of the market at that point in time). From that point onwards, their comparative capabilities decline as a function of continuous hardware development. The flexibility for pc gamers to install new parts along the way keeps them having better graphics.
2.) Consoles are designed to be sleek and easy to store. Hardcore gaming pc rigs are made to have enough space for advanced coolingsystems, better processors (with a focus on forward compatibility) and the like.
3.) Consoles still are lacking in player control in their basic production, wherefore games have to be less complex.

Keep in mind Im an xbox enthousiast. Though saving up for a proper pc gaming rig. Why? Watch this:

Its showing one of the new gaming engines with photoreallistic rendering. There's two of these now currently. The next consoles might (or might not, thats currently not known) be able to render these graphics, but think about how much complexity it must be able to handle too if you want a more complex in depth game.

Long story short, there will be more complex games that consoles might only be able to handle in their next generation. By that time there will be newer and more complex games. The opportunities for a potential JWE2 will always be bigger if it would be pc only. Its a good choice to keep planet zoo for pc only.

Im writing this not to offend us consoleplayers nor too make others feel bad. I'm writing this to advice 1. Frontier: please focus on pc only! And 2. Consoleplayers: save up for gaming rigs if you want that dreamgame.
I don't agree. And it would also be selfish to benefit only PC gamers with the excuse that consoles do not support the game. The consoles have much potential to support games like JWE2. Simulation games are not common on consoles but can be supported yes even more with the PS5 and the new Xbox coming

Can't agree more.. If they going to make sequel it should PC exclusive like Planet franchise or it will suffer the same fate like JW:E.

Can't agree more.. If they going to make sequel it should PC exclusive like Planet franchise or it will suffer the same fate like JW:E.
No offense but why are you defending PC only you do realize that Jurassic world Evolution sold over 2 million copies this year right? And it's not Frontiers decision to decide whether Jurassic world Evolution will be PC only it's Universal and I doubt they would do it just because a small minority of gamers would ask for PC only game. And not to forget Microsoft and Playstation are planning their own rivalry with the new consoles that are going to be all digital no physical copies of any kind and also it could handle the same type of games as PC. also the Jurassic Park franchise has ties with both PlayStation and Microsoft so I doubt they would break their contract with universal.

Last edited:
I don't agree. And it would also be selfish to benefit only PC gamers with the excuse that consoles do not support the game. The consoles have much potential to support games like JWE2. Simulation games are not common on consoles but can be supported yes even more with the PS5 and the new Xbox coming

Dooming the future development of a game just because one wants to be able to play it on a console is also selfish, by the same reasoning... anyway, the so-called console's potential won't ever be like a PC's precisely because the reasons stated, and that's a fact, however one might like consoles.

Obviously, nobody says consoles can't handle simulation games. The fact is just that, if that kind of games aren't common for consoles, there's a reason for that. No worst blind than those who doesn't want to see :( (no offense intended). But we agree to disagree...

Dooming the future development of a game just because one wants to be able to play it on a console is also selfish, by the same reasoning... anyway, the so-called console's potential won't ever be like a PC's precisely because the reasons stated, and that's a fact, however one might like consoles.

Obviously, nobody says consoles can't handle simulation games. The fact is just that, if that kind of games aren't common for consoles, there's a reason for that. No worst blind than those who doesn't want to see :( (no offense intended). But we agree to disagree...
It's not Frontier who makes that decisions it's Universal and after the success of the sales of Jurassic world Evolution do you really think they're going to break their contract with both Sony and Microsoft? Just for PC which doesn't really make the majority of gamers in those sales? We're living in an age where PC is now being converted to console war thunder and World of warships have been a part of PC gaming for a long time now consoles are going to experience those so tell me how is that selfish if they decide to put those games on all platforms other than PC? 😐 No offense of course.

It's not Frontier who makes that decisions it's Universal and after the success of the sales of Jurassic world Evolution do you really think they're going to break their contract with both Sony and Microsoft? Just for PC which doesn't really make the majority of gamers in those sales? We're living in an age where PC is now being converted to console war thunder and World of warships have been a part of PC gaming for a long time now consoles are going to experience those so tell me how is that selfish if they decide to put those games on all platforms other than PC? 😐 No offense of course.
Uhh, I've played both War Thunder & World of Warships, and those games are a different genre from JWE. They are played differently.
War Thunder & World of Warships= move around & shoot stuff, which is decent on console, since its considered an FPS game.
JWE = You manage stuff, which if played on a console, is clunky considering the limited number of buttons.

Dont get me wrong, I've played games on console from PS1 to PS4, & Xbox One, & the only game thats based on management(RTS games are also considered management types) that I played on console is Halo Wars, & I tell you, it was clunky, not easy to move around, not to mention unit selection, limited buttons, predefined key bindings. IMO, management games are better off designed as PC only, like PlaCo.

Some games are better played on console, some on PC, some on both, but for management games like JWE, its PC, & IF, I say "IF" there is a JWE2 (hypothetically speaking), its better off played in PC Only. No Offense to Consoles.

Uhh, I've played both War Thunder & World of Warships, and those games are a different genre from JWE. They are played differently.
War Thunder & World of Warships= move around & shoot stuff, which is decent on console, since its considered an FPS game.
JWE = You manage stuff, which if played on a console, is clunky considering the limited number of buttons.

Dont get me wrong, I've played games on console from PS1 to PS4, & Xbox One, & the only game thats based on management(RTS games are also considered management types) that I played on console is Halo Wars, & I tell you, it was clunky, not easy to move around, not to mention unit selection, limited buttons, predefined key bindings. IMO, management games are better off designed as PC only, like PlaCo.

Some games are better played on console, some on PC, some on both, but for management games like JWE, its PC, & IF, I say "IF" there is a JWE2 (hypothetically speaking), its better off played in PC Only. No Offense to Consoles.
You may have a point there for now but you seem to have forgotten that the Xbox 2 and the PS5 are going to be the next gen consoles surpassing the Xbox One X which is currently the strongest console up to date and of course according to the Microsoft and Sony companys these consoles will give PC serious competition when it comes to gaming in 2020 and virtual reality gaming being a part of that deal, and not to mention everything's going to be all digital no more are they going to be restricted to just physical copies of games. In fact this gives consoles the opportunity to compete now with P.C that physical copies are out of the way.

On this point you're absolutely right, but that doesn't make it all less sad. JWE might have sold very well but I'm wondering if that could actually happen again with a sequel when the first installment turned out to be such a huge disappointment for so many people, less than a year after releasing (I'm still clinging to hope, but I know lots of people who not only stopped playing for good, but they outright loathe it). So, as I've said, we agree to disagree, because I still think going two-way is the surest way to screw the experience for everyone.

You may have a point there for now but you seem to have forgotten that the Xbox 2 and the PS5 are going to be the next gen consoles surpassing the Xbox One X which is currently the strongest console up to date and of course according to the Microsoft and Sony companys these consoles will give PC serious competition when it comes to gaming in 2020 and virtual reality gaming being a part of that deal, and not to mention everything's going to be all digital no more are they going to be restricted to just physical copies of games. In fact this gives consoles the opportunity to compete now with P.C that physical copies are out of the way.

New consoles are always surpassing the older ones, always being the strongest. That's the thing about progress, updating, etc. But a console's new gen have that marked difference with a PC new gen: they force you to forget your old console and buy a whole new one, in most cases with a whole bunch of new games. No cheaper upgrade, no small fixing and updating. That also means, in 99% of cases, abandoning your old games. That was the main point in favor of PC: you buy a new graphic card (or whatever piece) and you still have gaming for the next three years, after which you can still change another piece and start again without having to start anew.

Virtual reality is something that I don't think will happen that soon, but if it does, I don't see any reason why it would be better on consoles than on PC, specially considering that most mmo IPs are run on PC most often than not. For instance, and shortterm, VR would mean the instant need for new hardware devices. Chances are the market choices will be huger in PC than in any console company, which most likely will reduce choices for any give console. Dunno, I just feel consoles are an old market niche nowadays, but also understand there are still a lot of nostalgics and that's fine too.

In all honesty, even if I include Xbox 2 & PS5 in my previous post, the result would just be the same for the future. Sure, lets say the next gen consoles would give PC rigs some serious competition in 2020, then what happens after that? What happens in 2021? 2022? The next few years after? Will these 2020 next gen consoles remain competitive against PCs in 2024 or 2025? Considering PCs are easily upgradeable with newly released hardware, unlike consoles which are stuck with what is built into them AFAIK.

The cycle would just repeat itself. Newly released consoles are only good for the short to midterm, thats like 1-4yrs at the most, PC's on the other hand, are for the long-term. You don't have to buy an entire new PC just to play a new game, you just replace a part or two, piecemeal. Technology always go forwards, like GPUs, that SHOULD also, always be the case for pc games. Restricting new games so consoles with their limited hardware can run them is for me, backwards thinking...

Check this:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRsafUjQgPA

Last edited:
In all honesty, even if I include Xbox 2 & PS5 in my previous post, the result would just be the same for the future. Sure, lets say the next gen consoles would give PC rigs some serious competition in 2020, then what happens after that? What happens in 2021? 2022? The next few years after? Will these 2020 next gen consoles remain competitive against PCs in 2024 or 2025? Considering PCs are easily upgradeable with newly released hardware, unlike consoles which are stuck with what is built into them AFAIK.

The cycle would just repeat itself. Newly released consoles are only good for the short to midterm, thats like 1-4yrs at the most, PC's on the other hand, are for the long-term. You don't have to buy an entire new PC just to play a new game, you just replace a part or two, piecemeal. Technology always go forwards, like GPUs, that SHOULD also, always be the case for pc games. Restricting new games so consoles with their limited hardware can run them is for me, backwards thinking...

Check this:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRsafUjQgPA
Well maybe by 2025 PC would probably be replaced by Smart tablet by 2027? I mean a lot of companies are ditching computers for tablets now since they're more safer and more secure. And also Apple seems to be more invested in replacing their laptops and Computers with something possibly even better. I should know because I noticed that the company I work for ditched computers for tablets because the company viewed them as obsolete and computers are more vulnerable to computer viruses. I used to have a computer but then afterwards I kept getting virus after virus after being hacked several times even the alien ain't safe.so it's not far-fetched to say that soon even computers will be viewed as obsolete by consumers. 😐

Last edited:
I seriously doubt it... 2027 hardcore gaming on a tablet? I dont think so. A lot of companies are ditching computers for tablets? Sure, for work, NOT for gaming. If you're going to work & move around the company grounds, ofc you're better off with a tablet. The important keyphrase is:TABLET FOR WORK.

I seriously doubt it... 2027 hardcore gaming on a tablet? I dont think so. A lot of companies are ditching computers for tablets? Sure, for work, NOT for gaming. If you're going to work & move around the company grounds, ofc you're better off with a tablet. The important keyphrase is:TABLET FOR WORK.
I don't know we don't know for sure what the future will have however apple and many of these other companies wanted to develop a tablet that has everything in one tablet everything that is one computer in 1 tablet? I don't know it just sounds weird but well let's just see how it works out. because I even mentioned where are the computers to my fellow co-workers they said that the computers belong in a library? because I didn't know how to handle the tablet didn't know how the thing even work when they just handed me one for the job.

I don't know we don't know for sure what the future will have however apple and many of these other companies wanted to develop a tablet that has everything in one tablet everything that is one computer in 1 tablet? I don't know it just sounds weird but well let's just see how it works out. because I even mentioned where are the computers to my fellow co-workers they said that the computers belong in a library? because I didn't know how to handle the tablet didn't know how the thing even work when they just handed me one for the job.
Can you ask your co-workers if they're gamers? :) Because if they are, I'd like to see them try play real games on a tablet. :)

Anyway, tablets are for browsing on the go, for work, & android games. Real gaming on the other hand(which was the point of this thread), falls in 2 categories, PC or Consoles. So yeah, theres that. Anyone saying that a computer(PC) belongs in a library is a troll. :)

Can you ask your co-workers if they're gamers? :) Because if they are, I'd like to see them try play real games on a tablet. :)

Anyway, tablets are for browsing on the go, for work, & android games. Real gaming on the other hand(which was the point of this thread), falls in 2 categories, PC or Consoles. So yeah, theres that. Anyone saying that a computer(PC) belongs in a library is a troll. :)
If World of Warcraft is on smart tablets that would be awesome. Well i Already knew because that's their joke saying that computer belongs in the library, I guess since they were experts handling tablets I guess they thought of computers is obsolete too.

I think they meant obsolete for use at work, though I still doubt that, Computers, PCs for that matter are still a part of a company's work devices. I'd like to see people try type a 10-page report using a tablet. xD

If World of Warcraft is on smart tablets that would be awesome. Well i Already knew because that's their joke saying that computer belongs in the library, I guess since they were experts handling tablets I guess they thought of computers is obsolete too.

LOL If WoW worked on tablet/android phone I wouldn't even be talking here :ROFLMAO:

No offense but why are you defending PC only you do realize that Jurassic world Evolution sold over 2 million copies this year right? And it's not Frontiers decision to decide whether Jurassic world Evolution will be PC only it's Universal and I doubt they would do it just because a small minority of gamers would ask for PC only game. And not to forget Microsoft and Playstation are planning their own rivalry with the new consoles that are going to be all digital no physical copies of any kind and also it could handle the same type of games as PC. also the Jurassic Park franchise has ties with both PlayStation and Microsoft so I doubt they would break their contract with universal.
Just because JW:E "sold over 2 million copies", it doesn't mean that the game was success and i was explained to you why i stand with PC exclusive.
If you see it as number of selling or i call it as "quantity", Yes it was success because the hype of the fans that have wait over 10 years for JPOG successors.
But if you see it as "quality", it wasn't.
Why?? Because its lack of contents.
Why its lack of contents??? some said that the game was rush by license holder of the game but i have different perspective.
In my opinion, it's not just because they rushed the game to release but mainly because the game itself made for multiplatform and suffer the consequences like the others. It was simplified to make the game more "friendly" for all of its ports.
The right example in this case is Zoo Tycoon.
Have you play the original ZT or ZT2 before??
Have you noticed the differences between original one or its sequel with the one that released in 2013 for XBox??
This is the reason why in my opinion the sequel should focus on PC than make it for multiplatform again like JWE was (if this leak turns out to be true).
But again, this all just my personal opinion. I believe Frontier will do the best for their creations and for us.
I wasn't intended to act as PC MUSTARD RACE (Since i'm hybrid players that started the gaming life as console player with Nintendo, then Sega to PS generation later) but just give my perspective for the sake of one of my favourites game in genre as die hard fan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom