What other games are we all playing?

Fextralife is a good source of guides for DOS2 I'm actually replaying it right now. Such a great game. I was baffled by it initially and a few guides really made things click for me.

Stellaris, it had a free weekend over on steam, and 75% off so I picked up th ebase game and a few dlc's and being as its now 3 years old I got a few mods along the way. Oh and playing the new content for Grim Dawn with the other half.

I got Rage 2 today, game is nothing to write home about as far as "story" is concerned, but it is a great SP pew pew stress reliever. It feels and looks like Borderlands mix with DooM, very smooth and enjoyable combat.

I got Rage 2 today, game is nothing to write home about as far as "story" is concerned, but it is a great SP pew pew stress reliever. It feels and looks like Borderlands mix with DooM, very smooth and enjoyable combat.

I was afraid to get this game because of mixed reviews, but so far I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Fextralife is a good source of guides for DOS2 I'm actually replaying it right now. Such a great game. I was baffled by it initially and a few guides really made things click for me.
I stopped at some point at some island. There is temple where I expect some sort of Ascension or so takes place, but I had some sort of ghosts there and the thing kinda dragged on. Do you know how far I'd have to go still in DoS2? I enjoyed start and first map after starter location, but jungle island kinda sapped my motivation.

So I bought Pathfinder Kingmaker...its almost incomprehensible to me and much too punishing. Not much in the way of help guides either which is disappointing. Oh well.

But.....

To scratch the itch I'm restarting Divinity Original Sin 2, such a truly great game with an excellent story brilliantly voice acted. Very fun combat and loads of depth. This should be a must play for anyone that likes gaming full stop.

I stopped at some point at some island. There is temple where I expect some sort of Ascension or so takes place, but I had some sort of ghosts there and the thing kinda dragged on. Do you know how far I'd have to go still in DoS2? I enjoyed start and first map after starter location, but jungle island kinda sapped my motivation.

Sounds like you are describing The Nameless Isle. Theres still a fair bit to go there. It also sounds like you might be struggling with party composition, have a wander over Fextralife for some great guides and advice. If its been awhile since you played it could be well worth having a fresh start in it.

Sounds like you are describing The Nameless Isle. Theres still a fair bit to go there. It also sounds like you might be struggling with party composition, have a wander over Fextralife for some great guides and advice. If its been awhile since you played it could be well worth having a fresh start in it.
I ran with Summoner as player char, Enchantress and two physical guys I think. Red Prince and Undead as rogue. Power leveled the Summon early on but I kinda had impression it's better to concentrate on either physical or magic damage.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2yYJf35KJI

Pillars of Eternity was kind of an eye-opening experience for me. When they first came out I was stoked, played it, enjoyed the story a lot and then... stopped playing it. It was a moment I realized how old and lazy I got. Too slow, too much reading of small text,... it's too slow and too hard for me, now. Same with Baldur's gate - my all time favourite game.
I'm ashamed of myself. 😒

Pillars of Eternity annoyed me. I was hoping for and expecting a 'spiritual successor' to the Infinity Engine games, and this checked some boxes, but right from the get go there were warning signs I wouldn't like it and things snowballed from there.

I remember reading the manual while I was installing it and noticing that there were exactly zero non-combat spells on the list. Getting into the game, everything felt extremely samish as all the classes had abilities that ultimately did the same stuff, just in slightly different ways, and again, were entirely combat focused. In the end, the combat wasn't even that good because the combat/non-combat mode distinction and the ultra short duration of status effects essentially nullified any attempts at preparation, and most battle locations were designed to force head-on confrontations which further limited tactical options.

The story was vaguely interesting, but it wasn't enough to keep me playing. Didn't feel like I really had much agency and the main mechanism through which agency was actualized (combat) was crap.

I was afraid to get this game because of mixed reviews, but so far I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I'm afraid of games that get universally good reviews.

Still having heaps of fun with Red Dead Redemption 2.
Something I totaly missed is that RDR1 is backward compatible now and on Xbox One X it has gotten a patch so it will be in native 4k!!!!!
Since RDR2 is a prequel to RDR1 I'm gonna go for another playthrough of RDR1 as soon as I'm done with RDR2.

Loving these games!!

I ran with Summoner as player char, Enchantress and two physical guys I think. Red Prince and Undead as rogue. Power leveled the Summon early on but I kinda had impression it's better to concentrate on either physical or magic damage.

Yeah that sounds fairly solid. Summons is a great skill set when paired with something else like necro or ranger. You are very much broadly correct also on doing one sort of damage. Mixed damage parties are more fun though if harder to be successful with.

Playing the Rage 2 got rather boring quickly so I deleted all my Witcher 3 saves and started out from scratch again. Planning to play every bit of content with no hurry. I sound like a broken record but dang every little piece of this game has something special and unique to it. Feeling a bit sad that we probably wont get anything like that again.
Now, I`m more than aware that CD Project is working on Cyberpunk but hear me out - what made Witcher serie such a interesting experience in my eyes is the fact that it was develop by eastern European team that put plethora of Polish and Slavic "magic" in to it - from monsters, legends to clothes/armor. Even the beautify crafted huts in the villages with painted walls are somehow related to real ethnographic sites in my countryside.
Now with futuristic Cyberpunk settings I dont think they can possibly achieve such a unique feeling. My big hope for this game is very strong relation to feeling from old Bladerunner movie. I`m very curious of what they are cooking and how it will play out.

Yes I totally agree. Very rich source material and amazing setting. It's such a good game so well made and detailed. Beautifully voice acted and written.

Cyberpunk...

Well this is a conundrum like you say vasea. The setting interests me less so than witcher BUT it's got a lot of source material to work with. There are a lot of unknowns here though, hopefully they'll have a big showing at E3 soon and a release date.

Oh .... while I'm on the subject, I must place a complaint to you Vasea. I do NOT need to play witcher 3 again (yet) as it will be the the 4th time round. I would be divorced if I did and lose my job. You must not talk of Witcher 3 again without considering the impacts!

Oh .... while I'm on the subject, I must place a complaint to you Vasea. I do NOT need to play witcher 3 again (yet) as it will be the the 4th time round. I would be divorced if I did and lose my job. You must not talk of Witcher 3 again without considering the impacts!
With the E3 approaching and CDP apparently going radio silent about Cyberpunk and "cooking something", I think you should probably work some extra hours so you can take at least three weeks off over the Christmas. :LOL:
That's what I'm planning.

As for playing Witcher 3, I recently tried (my 4th playthrough also) but I stopped somewhere half way through Velen. I know the game word by word, already and I haven't found it nearly as engaging as I'd had hoped.

I finally just ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 (price has come down considerably since launch). I have a question - once past all the opening stuff, is it possible to play the game relatively "unharassed"? My dad loves old trains, so I would love to take him on a train ride and a walk through an old wild-west town, but he would not enjoy watching me get into gunfights every two minutes. Now I understand if RNG has a train robbery once in every 10 train rides, for example, but if every time I get on the train I get shot at (assuming I'm not wanted and not causing any problems), then I'm not even going to bother showing my dad. He's a war vet with PTSD and has no interest at all in virtual "shootouts".

Top Bottom